MarketShare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
CEO

Pros
  • I work with a lot of really smart people that constantly push me to do my best and always seem to be giving it 100% (in 6 reviews)

• Good group of Marketing Analytics folks (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • But there can be some long hours with too many projects (in 8 reviews)

• Environment is not at all professional but rather upper management treats people like servants (in 5 reviews)

Overall Good

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategy Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity for growth; Reasonable pay (although could be better) Lots of training and exposure; Big clients, and interesting projects.

Cons

Long hours, Stress, Tight deadlines. Some internal organisational problems where cooperation between teams becomes challenging. Lack of cultural screening during the hiring process

Advice to Management

Try to streamline the process of software delivery in a better, smoother way. Gain some efficiency out of the software - currently not enough derived out of it

2. Great learning environment and smart people!

Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare (More than a year)

Pros

People are very passionate and smart. I like the fact that the company provides a very flexible schedule.

Cons

No 401(K) matching program, and no compensation if we don't take off vacation.

3. Data Specialist

I have been working at MarketShare full-time

Pros

Big clients and good opportunity to learn technical skills

Cons

sometimes overtime work; low negotiation power with other team

Advice to Management

need to improve communication efficiency need to improve work environment for Data team

5. I've really enjoyed my first few months here.

Current Employee - UI Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - UI Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hours with unlimited vacation (I work from home one day a week). Everyone here is an expert in their field (so good for experience). Relaxed and friendly work environment. Pay is decent (I came in with no experience).

Cons

Benefits are average (no 401K buy-in amount matching). Training is almost non existent but they are working diligently on changing that.

Advice to Management

Management is very approachable here. The company has a very 'start up' feel to it. Maintaining this rather open line of communication between management and employee is important for the company's health in my opinion.

6. A great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a company has a lot of smart and dedicated people

Cons

high turn over rate for some reasons

Advice to Management

could do a better job on retaining talented and well trained people

Great analytical analysis and great people

I have been working at MarketShare full-time

Pros

The analytics this company performs is valuable to clients and very interesting to work on. Finding ways to move this analysis capability into software the clients can use both for planning and tactical execution in offline and online marketing is the right goal. The reasonably flexible office hours are great for people with families and the LA office is a nice place to work. Most of the people are dedicated, great at what they do, and fun to work with. Salaries are not on the high end but reasonable.

Cons

Typical pains of a fast growing company -- how to balance customization of models and insights with the need to scale for more and more clients. Flexible software is part of the answer with clear focus and staffing on automation and scale goals. But there can be some long hours with too many projects.

Advice to Management

Would be really great to have a matching 401k type plan as a way help retain talent. EPUs seem too nebulous and uncertain to most people, while some sort of vesting in a matched savings plans seems much more concrete.

8. Qualiity Analytics

Current Employee - Vice President Analytics in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Analytics in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good group of Marketing Analytics folks. The Strategists are very informed about the models and do a better job of presenting the information then I've seen at competitive organizations.

Cons

Not much variety in the work. No 401k matchng funds.

9. Smart colleagues, growing company and great opportunities.

I have been working at MarketShare full-time

Pros

* Growing company makes for opportunities to take on increasingly large professional responsibilities for career growth * Talented colleagues * Strong support for work/life balance from management. The company supports technologies that allow for remote work when needed and management supports those priorities. There has not been a day that I walked into work and not wanted to be there * This company is producing a leading service and it feels good to be a part of making it even better * The culture is largely vibrant - but also, is what you make of it for good or bad. The age tends to skew on the younger side relative to other companies, being that it is a technology company and draws such talent.

Cons

* Unlike a start-up, there is a mixed feeling of ownership or equity. There is an EPU program which is the equivalent of a stock option plan. Only, there is no well defined definition of the value of this plan. This leaves the possibility that the owners and board have a very lucrative sale without the employees benefiting as much or at all from it. * Pay is generally on the lower end of the scale

Advice to Management

As you grow the company, carefully consider how to move forward with managing profitability. You have the fortune of talented and highly educated staff supporting the company and you have the misfortune of these people carefully watching every change good (new clients, new services) and bad (change in policies regarding promotions, bonuses, value of EPU, salary increases). I think your value is in your employees and innovation they have made and have yet to be made in the coming years. The client base, while impressive, will not grow at its current pace without the continued support from your staff.

10. Good work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Pros

1. Bright colleagues 2. Niche functional domain 3. Cool technology stack 4. Peaceful work environment

Cons

Salary might be a concern for some

11. Good Learning

Pros

informal, good learning and good technologies

Cons

nothing as such...its very good

RSS Feed </> Embed