MarketSource

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
2.9

Rick Haviland

Pros
  • Flexible hours, and when I asked for more hours, they gave me multiple more clients (in 16 reviews)

• Good work life balance which is the only thing I can say about this company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I did not witness a very fair work environment for the part time salespeople (in 18 reviews)

• Little to no bonus/commissions in the majority of stores (in spite of what they promise) etc etc (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

As a leveraged rep, I have plenty of work and enjoy the flexability

Current Employee - Leveraged Field Representative  in  Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Leveraged Field Representative in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at MarketSource part-time for more than a year

Pros

I set my own schedule and enjoy working with and training retail associates. I am a self starter and enjoy not having a supervisor breathing down my neck. Pay is OK for this type of work but incentives would ad to my enthusiasm. New programs are always being added. I've been with MS over a year.

Cons

There is no feedback from management and that's not professional. I would expect more from a marketing company. Incentives would make me feel better about the company.

There is no feedback about job performance or outcomes for the client. It gives the impression that management does not consider that important. I bet their clients do.

Opportunistic, exciting, and disappointing.

Former Employee - Wireless Team Member  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Wireless Team Member in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at MarketSource part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Self-management experience.
    Somewhat leadership role.
    Develop interpersonal, multi-tasking, and sales skills.
    Enhance time-management, emailing, and teamwork skills.
    Discretionary breaks.
    Potential discounts on product being sold.
    Networking in retail environments and being exposed to colleagues I would not otherwise have the opportunity to do so.
    New friendships.
    Above minimum wage pay.
    Not required to physically see your manager on a day-to-day basis.

Cons

Poor management staff, management appears to be at level of competence.
    Poor organization of management and timing of communication to employees.
    Unorganized training to all employees.
    Daily duties were not clear.
    Accounting and human resources made several repeated mistakes.
    Company lacks a database of knowledge of employees and their needs.
    Salary is less than 50% above the current minimum wage.
    Commission had unreasonable quotas for part-time employees, as part-time and full-time employees shared the same weekly quota.

Give smaller quotas to part-time employees so they have reasonable goals to attain.
    Provide professional management training to all levels of management.
    Provide professional training for all departments to improve overall organization within the organization.
    Encourage larger allocated budgets in marketing to increase salary and commission for employees to empower them.
    Encourage increased monetary rewards such as larger and more bonuses, this is a sales job afterall.
    Create a database on all employees to provide better accommodations to employees and better understanding where to place them, how much to pay them, and get to know them.
    Increase salaries and commissions to all emplyees.
    Allow lowest level employees knowledge of management decision making, so everyone is on the same page for the plan.

Good job, bad managment.

Current Employee - HP Representative  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - HP Representative in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at MarketSource part-time for less than a year

Pros

Marketsource was very flexible and accommodating to schedule. It's a great job for someone who needs some extra cash but I would not recommend this job as a primary source of income. I also liked that you didn't have to work with anyone but yourself.

Cons

Management was horrible. I only spoke to my manager three times i was there. They also manage to go through ACs(area coordinators) a lot which it very hard to change shifts because sometimes you have no idea who your supposed to talk to.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great starter job but would not consider staying for more then 6 months

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative  in  Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Chico, CA

I worked at MarketSource part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyday is different and new. I was trusted and as a result worked very hard to tackle obstacles that were not overtaken before.

Cons

Lots of travel with little or no compensation. I would bend over backwards to barely break even or at a loss. Very disappointed, otherwise I would still be with the company. Also the management is a joke and I had four bosses in 2 years and the I had one raise in that time for 25 cents which did not even cover inflation.

Great company to start and grow with but pay is low

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

Work from home, benefits, work-life balance

Cons

Pay is low, compensation, program length

Fun, excellent co-workers and District manager. But huge lack in training.

Current Employee - Wireless Team Member  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Member in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MarketSource part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers, managers, talking to guests, easy job and good pay. Manager not looking over your shoulder every minute of the day. That takes away some pressure.

Cons

Nearly non-existent training, I don't blame district manager, but my co-worker who was supposed to train me. Had to learn how to do everything without actually seeing a demonstration. So that led to bad habits i'm trying to get out of.

Excellent, love my boss.

Wireless Team Lead

Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead

I have been working at MarketSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent hourly wage for team lead and full-time hours. Great discounts for wireless service for employees.

Cons

Hardly any benefits. No holiday pay. Paid Time Off is VERY minimal and is only for team leads and higher. Commission structure is very poor. Hardly any room for growth. Poor computer systems. No ability to track commissions and sales. No ability to track returns. Lots of computer problems and procedural issues. Lack of training.

No hours, poor training

Former Employee - HP Ambassador
    Former Employee - HP Ambassador

I worked at MarketSource part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros, not really. I can't speak for full time employees because I worked part time and this company couldn't give two sh!ts about part time. They lie to you about how many hours you'll get, promising 15-20 hours and more opportunities to add hours. In reality you'll get maybe 9-11 a week. Those "opportunities" are in the form of 2 hour events. They want you to train, read, travel and set up shop for 2 hours. No thanks

Cons

Managers can't be reached easily unless you're one of the full time employees. You have to fill out ridiculous paperwork at the end of every single shift and use their terrible "natural insight" system that doesn't work half the time. They don't prepare you for your work. It's a sales positions. That's all. Sales, nothing more. Forget all this corporate doublespeak about "Representatives" and "Ambassadors". You'll be selling and you'll be doing it in somebody else's turf and lots of people don't like that. The Best Buy I worked at was toxic. Employees would find ways to get you in trouble and bragged about being able to get rid of outside reps within a couple weeks. Avoid at all costs.

Simplify. get rid of all the bs, all the training and natural insight and paperwork that does nothing. The one day of in store training I received was worth 10x the 20 hours of online "training" that I was put through.

It's almost not worth it...

Current Employee - Retail Field Representative  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Field Representative in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at MarketSource part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, enjoy the clients and meeting new people.

Cons

Driving 250-300miles a week to make $15per store visit with NO MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT. If there is no clients, it's not worth driving 120 miles a day to work 3 stores. Even if you paid a flat traveling fee a week, anything helps. Paying $40 a week in gas to drive to multiple stores a day is unacceptable, it's almost a scam...

Pay some mileage, regional Feild managers need to be more proactive, lacking communication and returning phone calls. If you expect me to reply and email or phone call within 24 hours, you should be held to the same standard.

Easy Job horrible pay

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in El Paso, TX

I have been working at MarketSource part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job was easy and it was pretty straightforward.

Cons

If you want to make a livable wage.. Not the job for you. I was getting 12 hours a week from my location and I lived about 30 minutes away. Used half a quarter every time. It wasn't worth it.

Keep your employee's happy.. And they'll keep you happy. I'm the longest standing sales associate in my city and after one year.. I can see why so many leave so quickly.

MarketSource Photos

takeover event
Laptop Wall

+ Add Photo

Worked for MarketSource? Contribute to the Community!