MarketSource Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Rick Haviland

Pros
  • Good work life balance which is the only thing I can say about this company (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible hours, work few days a week (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Need more hours for part time people (in 23 reviews)

• Little to no bonus/commissions in the majority of stores (in spite of what they promise) etc etc (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Mobile Phone Sales

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Portland, OR

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working for this company, they treat their employees great. Hourly + Commission + Bonuses + PTO . The starting wage is great and the environment is upbeat and fun. Easy going and a decent amount of training.

Cons

The only con is I wish they would look more into who they are hiring, this job requires a certain personality and sometimes they miss the ball with their new hires.

Jul 16, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying working with MarketSource and appreciate you taking the time to review our company. We assure you that our recruiting department is working around the clock ... More

2. Flexible

I have been working at MarketSource part-time

Pros

Very flexible schedule allows to have visits scheduled around your life and responsibilities. Self-Managed schedule and no micro-management from those above you. Great training to ensure that you have all of the tools and knowledge to complete your assignments. Almost all holidays off, sometimes for a week.

Cons

Very little opportunity for career growth, at least if their is opportunity it is not communicated very well. Lots of drive time and almost no compensation for that drive time or milage. Some weeks/months/quarters are very heavy with scheduling and some are almost bare.

Advice to Management

Work harder on promoting individual growth. There is very little one on one time, which is nice to not have someone micromanage your performance, however it means that the people that do need improvement do not get it.

3. A company with lots of growth opportunities

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A company with lots of avenues of growth and development if you get a good a good manager or mentor. I was fortunate to have several awesome mentors to work under thus allowing me to advance into several different rolls in MarketSource.

Cons

Working with a company that represents other companies products you can expect to see changes in the program and sometimes they can be inconvenient and not be what you might expect..

Advice to Management

It would be great if the program would be more consistent in following through with with following up with Individual Development Program.

5. Great Company To Work For!

I have been working at MarketSource part-time

Pros

They have a flexible work scheduled, great for students. They try to keep you working.

Cons

Marketsource works with a variety of clients. It can be a lot learning and representing a lot of different products at one time.

6. Marketsource

Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You basically get a chance to run your own business. Pay to work ratio isn't awful. Tons of room for promotions and the program is still new and rapidly expanding.

Cons

No time and a half on Holidays. Systems don't work properly because program is still new.

Advice to Management

Fix your systems and start offering better sales intensives/commission.

Jul 21, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I assure you we are looking into the systems. We appreciate your patience while making these improvements.

7. Target Mobile

Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Hixson, TN
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Hixson, TN

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom in the work environment Excellent coworkers Decent Hourly pay Consistent hours Paid time off

Cons

Horrible Commission structure No holiday pay inconsistent Communication problems Constantly changing and not improving

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. Let the team leads and team members have overlapping schedules.

Jul 20, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We know that there has been a change in the compensation structure, but that is to make improvements for the overall program. Not only will employees receive hourly pay ... More

8. MarketSource Review

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and good pay.

Cons

Not enough hours, thats about it.

Jul 20, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us! With the holiday season quickly approaching, retail working hours are expected to increase. If you are looking for additional hours, please make your ... More

9. Target mobile team captain

Current Employee - Team Captain
    Current Employee - Team Captain

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

Hourly + comissions + bonuses, life, health, dental, pto, 50 cent raises every 6 months. Get to set my own schedule. Love the new team captain position I'm getting. Started as a store manager and in less then a year I'm getting one of the new team captain positions. I will be with this company for awhile.

Cons

Only thing that is frustrating, every month I have the second highest baseline goal in the district, yet compared to the store with the first highest, I get a 3rd of the inventory. All I wish is I could be supplied with the phones I need to push from 2nd in the district every month to 1rst. If I had the correct inventory I would rank #1 every month within the district, and I could commission out a lot more.

Advice to Management

If your going to set my baseline goals high, which I don't have a problem with, please supply me with what I need to be successful and make my self, and our client, more money.

Jul 15, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback. As we grow, we know that there will be many opportunities for improvements. We are currently conducting multiple analysis, for ... More

10. Field Sales representative

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative

I worked at MarketSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company and awesome management couldn't ask for anything better. Team work environment and the products we worked with where awesome

Cons

My territory was a little big and could have used some extra help

Jul 15, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you!

11. Target Mobile Wireless Team Lead

Current Employee - Target Mobile Store Manager
    Current Employee - Target Mobile Store Manager

I have been working at MarketSource full-time

Pros

In order to gain experience, this is an ideal company. I've previously worked retail, but have never had management experience (and finding any other company that offers management jobs to those with little to no experience is difficult to find). The hourly pay I'd not bad, and at the very least, there is some semblance of commission. Most of my team members are wonderful, and they are the reason I can feel motivated to go to work.

Cons

Low quality benefits, district manager who cares little about the team (I'm sure not all are like mine), no proper training (mainly just elearnings), little communication, never stable commission structure, too many third parties for every little department which makes activating phones take far longer than it should, etc. Honestly, there are far more cons working here than pros. At this point, I'm just waiting until ive been working here for a year so I can move on to a better job.

Advice to Management

Please treat those working in stores with more respect. I know countless individuals who have discussed things about my DM to HR, and yet nothing has come of it. I've had 3 years of experience working with phones, but this is by far the most stressful company because the work environment is so negative. If I need help, the first point of contact is our DM is what I've learned, but he rarely responds to inquiries. If I call the ROC, I've been told many times to talk to my DM for things he refuses to tell us about without reminding us how much we "don't listen" to him; this attitude discourages the communication with our DM. Overall, the job is easy and fun albeit the stress caused by little benefits and compensation for the head aches I get from my direct supervisor (DM). It pains me that the company doesn't raise an eyebrow after all of the complaints we give to HR.

RSS Feed </> Embed