MarketSource

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014
2.8

Rick Haviland

Pros
  • Good work life balance which is the only thing I can say about this company (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible hours, and when I asked for more hours, they gave me multiple more clients (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • I did not witness a very fair work environment for the part time salespeople (in 23 reviews)

• Little to no bonus/commissions in the majority of stores (in spite of what they promise) etc etc (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Has it's perks and downfalls

Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. If you are lucky to have a DSM like myself, communication in the field will only help you succeed. Flexible weekday scheduling. Enjoyed meeting new people. Weekly pay is nice, and time-off requests are always approved if given ample notice. I thoroughly enjoy this company, and if you do what you are suppose to, the company will enjoy you.

Cons

We just learned that we can no longer work more than 28 hours a week, and for a company that REFUSES to pay mileage in most circumstances, and then limits the amount of hours you work is nonsense. I've been on the program for nearly 4 years and have NEVER received a pay raise. Don't let the above average pay excite you, nearly 10-15% goes towards personal work expenses (gas, mileage) to get to one location to another. Two years ago, MarketSource required all field reps to get a smartphone; had to pay a termination fee, cancel my contract to buy a smartphone to receive a 19% discount on a phone plan they MADE me get.

Your field employees are your greatest asset, we are your direct reporting for the client. Without us, there would be NO MarketSource. Consider pay raises with hard working employees, and pay mileage for every visits past 30 miles (as noted in our offer of employment). I truly believe this is a great company, and I believe small investments into employees with get a greater return .

Great company.

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

Great perks. Very flexible and understanding when it comes to your schedule.

Cons

The reports are a pain.

Make the reports shorter.

Great part time work

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

Great for part time work for outgoing people.

Cons

no major cons other than it is part time work. I was told it was part time work at the beginning.

Fantastic company

Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I worked at MarketSource part-time (less than an year)

Pros

everyone truly wanted me to succeed and move up in the company! Extremely flexible with work availability. I had an issue with a manager and the district manager happily relocated me so I was comfortable

Cons

I felt that they provided the tools to succeed but didn't help put it all together. The modules were outdated and tedious, I would have learned a lot more and faster if it was more hands on. Had to constantly cover shifts-was told gas was paid for but never received compensation

listen to when your workers talk to you, follow through when you say you will do things.

easy job but don't expect to go up if you're not white or if you're a female

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

easy scheduling, easy days, ok pay for such an easy job

Cons

bad communication, incompetent managers, no trust in HR when disclosing private matters, no where to grow

pay attention to your workers instead of trying to suck up more money from those that will contract with you. not once in 4 years did any of us ever see a raise! bc the company claims they don't receive the money for it yet all of upper management somehow receive more and more money each year. actually give opportunity to grow. no one wants to be stuck in the same position 5 years later, without making more money yet taking on more responsibilities every year.

It was ok

Former Employee - Target Mobile
    Former Employee - Target Mobile

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

The people I worked with

Cons

Point system for commission is awful. Not a flexible schedule .

Work on the commission system

Great Culture..without Competitive Salaries

Former Employee - Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture and work life balance. Lots of focus on employee soft skill development. Great place for entry level job but not sure about long term.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive at all and severely below market. The culture can shift from department to department. Systems and processes are outdated. Not much room to grow if you want to learn advanced systems and processes for reporting.

Ok company

Former Employee - Target Mobile Store Manager in Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Target Mobile Store Manager in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at MarketSource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid weekly a n d plenty of over time.

Cons

No work life balance you never get weekends off.

Give a solid hour break when working an 8 hour shift.

Target Mobile Wireless team lead

Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader
    Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader

I worked at MarketSource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-A lot easier than working at a corporate owned carrier store. You don't have to deal with phone problems or bill issues. You just sell.
    -Pays better than other authorized resellers, which pay next to nothing.
    -Great hours.
    -Discounted cell phone service plans.

Cons

-No way to track commission. None at all.
    -You're pretty much at Target's mercy as far as success goes. It takes forever to replenish inventory, and that causes you to lose sales.
    -No holiday pay.
    -Work on Thanksgiving.
    -You're not given the resources to succeed.
    -Target doesn't do enough to make customers aware that they actually sell cell phones.
    -No weekends off.
    -8 hrs of standing on your feet, most of which you're not doing anything.
    -30 minute lunch breaks.
    -Lack of upward mobility.

Talk to the Target corporate heads to get them to get them to spread their own brand awareness. Have Target Mobile in a better location than stuffed in the middle of electronics all the way in the back of the store.

Overall Average

Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative
    Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative

I worked at MarketSource as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great communication amongst upper management very hands on and independent working conditions if you cannot be out there in the field on your own this is not the job for you

Cons

Not much training sort of throws you to the wolves so to speak, expected to push sales and revenue even during down times must meet goals or your pretty much canned

You have great communication but does no good if you have no compassion for the people doing your dirty work

MarketSource Photos