MarketSource

www.marketsource.com

MarketSource Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Rick Haviland

Pros
  • Flexible hours, and when I asked for more hours, they gave me multiple more clients(in 16 reviews)

• Good work life balance which is the only thing I can say about this company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I did not witness a very fair work environment for the part time salespeople(in 18 reviews)

• Little to no bonus/commissions in the majority of stores (in spite of what they promise) etc etc(in 7 reviews)

Culture is AMAZING!!!

Target Mobile Store Manager (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsGreat Schedule
    Good Pay
    Attainable Bonus Structure
    Awesome People

ConsClock in/Clock out with NI has to change

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!!

OK Company, too little opportunity for growth.

Wireless Team Leader (Current Employee)

ProsBase pay plus comission. No early mornings.

Consno life outside of work. Only days off are Tuesday and Wednesday and no time on the weekends to spend with family. No Paid holidays and no time off close to any Holiday. Very little room for growth within the company.

Advice to Senior Managementwork-life balance

Very nice company to work for

Hewlett Packard Retail Representative (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsFlexible hours. Fairly decent pay. Very nice and selfless people to work with. Great team mentality. This is a great company that has a wonderful mission statement.

ConsPay could be better but it is decent. There is not much negative to say about this company or my experience so far. I will see if there will be career opportunities in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake career opportunities more clear from the beginning. Let employees know how to get raises etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technology Representative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay for part time

ConsNot many hours if part time.

Ford ProfitBuilder Program

ProsCompany as a whole is a decent company that treats employees well and supports diversity and inclusion. Good people in the company and in the program. The Ford program is challenging and a great learning experience. Although the system is imperfect and I felt we could've gotten better attention from our superiors, I nevertheless feel that the position is a phenomenal learning opportunity, and a great foot-in-the-door opportunity for someone with good dealership experience who wants to break out of working in retail settings.

ConsTraining is sparse, and relies on the diligence of your particular Market Director (who is probably over-worked and pressured), rather than a thorough, consistent on-boarding process (administered at an HR or some other central admin level) that insures all new employees have learned procedure, the Ford products, company resources, and word tracks before putting them out in the field.

Pay is also low. As this program finds its feet, it becomes more and more restrictive and demanding--which would be okay, if the pay were more commensurate. The job involves an immense amount of travel--often overnight. Disappointingly, the corporate expectation of how much time we spend in stores, and how many stores we visit in a day/week/month, don't seem to allow for all the travel time. As a result, the position--which is advertised by internal recruiters to F&I personnel who are looking to escape long retail hours--often ends up consuming far more time than any of us bargained for, as much of our nights and weekends end up devoted to the job as well in order to keep from falling behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus and energy seem to be devoted to which stores you've gone to this month and how often, and not enough on the content of the dealer visits. I wished during my entire employment with the company that we spent more time talking with our Market Directors and peers about our accounts, what we did that went well, and what we could've done better. Brainstorm about solutions. Feedback I've gotten from other Account Managers that mirror my own sentiment is that we all feel like we're on an island--scant interaction with each other, and each AM is often on his/her own to figure out what and how to handle issues. We all work remotely, so communication becomes SO important...but often is lacking. Again, this can depend largely on the diligence and efficiency of the particular Market Director you work for...so senior mgmt perhaps should have a look at how they can make Market Directors more uniformly efficient at what they do, not by heavier policing, but rather, by better training.

Instant Ink ASR

Hp Asr (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI am happy with the starting pay, usually between 12 to 14 dollars, however once you start, they don't allow raises. My favorite part about this job is the flexibility. I feel the support and training provided is top notch and very helpful. Leadership seems to know what they are doing for the most part.

ConsNot much room to make more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back Asr raises, based on performances.

Target Mobile Sales Associate

ProsI get to talk to customers about mobile technology. I work with great people.

ConsHorrible upper management
    Bad communication
    Low pay
    High turnover rate.
    Don't have new phones on their launch date.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees and don't hire any and everybody. Also stop telling us to hard sell insurance. Also some advertising would be well appreciated. People still don't know Target has cell phones.

Target Mobile Wireless Team Lead

Wireless Team Leader (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the Target customers

ConsMicro managed to death, poor inventory much of the time, poor company benefits, long hours, and no respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micro manage and give employees more respect

The real skinny

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture, positive work environment

ConsLimited growth potential, below average pay, expensive benefits

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Too much for little pay

ProsFlex time, no manager to deal with every time you work

Conslow pay, tons of work, no hours, and manager can be crazy at times

Worked for MarketSource? Contribute to the Community!