MarketSource

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
2.8

Rick Haviland

Pros
  • Good work life balance which is the only thing I can say about this company (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible hours, and when I asked for more hours, they gave me multiple more clients (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • I did not witness a very fair work environment for the part time salespeople (in 23 reviews)

• Little to no bonus/commissions in the majority of stores (in spite of what they promise) etc etc (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall Average

Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative
    Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative

I worked at MarketSource as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great communication amongst upper management very hands on and independent working conditions if you cannot be out there in the field on your own this is not the job for you

Cons

Not much training sort of throws you to the wolves so to speak, expected to push sales and revenue even during down times must meet goals or your pretty much canned

You have great communication but does no good if you have no compassion for the people doing your dirty work

This not a career..more of a transitional job

Current Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    commission
    easy scheduling
    work/life balance

Cons

limited growth
    differentiation
    no vacation time
    no person time

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Support Team Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Support Team Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job is pretty flexible with lots of opportunity to learn and grow with the company.You work the occasional weekend which is totally worth it because you get days off during the week..

Cons

You have to rely heavily on the field team which does not always work in yuor favor and you can easily become consumed in your work and bring it home often.

n/a

Good Opportunity, Lots of Unpaid Work

Current Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a genuinely fun and interesting job. You get to meet and talk to all sorts of people, and over the course of working with them you really do form great connections-- if you run into a satisfied customer on the street, they'll almost always stop to say hello and tell you how their phone is, which is an awesome experience!

Cons

They require hours upon hours of unpaid online training. Required new hire training takes at least 5-6 hours and reps are only paid for 2. After that's complete, there are additional trainings to complete every month which can take anywhere from 15 minutes (introducing a new phone) to 90 (demo day training). As someone who works multiple jobs and doesn't have a lot of free time, this is extremely frustrating.

You run a great company! The work is fun and rewarding and expectations are reasonable and clearly set. But all of the unpaid training is not only frustrating, it's also illegal. I understand that it's hard to track and requires paying employees a lot more, but it's required work we are doing for your company and employees would be much more likely to complete them in a timely manner (and not begin to resent the company for them) if they received compensation.

Corporate Training Manager

Former Employee - Trainer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started on a program and was hired on directly. I really enjoyed everyone I worked with. The programs are rewarding and diverse.

Cons

The communication from management can be a challenge for remote programs. As would be expected in such a large company, some program managers are better than others.

The only gripe that I have from my entire experience of MarketSource was that I was promised my position would still be available after a program I agreed to help them out with and after the program ended, there was no position for me.

A little misled

Former Employee - Field Retail Representative in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Field Retail Representative in Nashua, NH

I worked at MarketSource part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well known company, good for someone just starting out,

Cons

Low pay, micro managed, ask a lot for what you get paid,. Told me when they hired me I was going to have week days and maybe a Saturday. Then I took the job and it was all weekend long with no time for my family.

Let up on being so strict, or pay more.

Positive growth for future business opportunities. Training was most appreciated as well as a really fum day to day operations.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Position was easily respected as well as enjoyed for the group I traimed . development was a process that was enjoyed by learning how to do as I do strategy to earn respect.

Cons

when not conforming business was put on hold from the rate increase and full documentation process implemented by the government. We unfortunately had to turn away most business that was very profitable and positive for the client.

continue to keep positive during all constructive criticism from employees as well as late client that did offer referrals for the company's well-being and other client relations development.sss

Good Flexible Retail Job

Current Employee - Wireless Team Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MarketSource (more than an year)

Pros

Compared to working for a major cell phone carrier, this job is a lot less stressful. You get a lot more freedom with minimum supervision.

Cons

It pays less than if you work for a carrier owned retail store. You have to be more resourceful and self sufficient. You need to be able to get along and comply with the Target team members and leaders. You have to be on your feet 8 hours a day. No holiday pay.

Lack of Transparency, Opportunities & Benefits.

Former Employee - Wireless Team Lead
    Former Employee - Wireless Team Lead

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ok commissions from sales, Ok starter job in the Mobile Industry field. Some bosses can be easier to deal with then others. Ok training, typically awesome partner (carrier: at&t, verizon, sprint) representatives for support.

Cons

Contract Service Provider for Target's Mobile Department, Lack of transparency. empty promises, less then average pay and commissions in comparison with industry. Temp-Job like feel. Severe lack of opportunities past the "store manager/wireless team lead" level. Lack of benefits, little company representation, little to no accountability followup and action taken against other workers negatively impacting the departments reputation. Little to no Resources available to escalate issues past your main boss/supervisor.

More Transparency, More Trust from higher ups, better Resources, Be proactive with your teams & individual employees versus reactive.

i been doing cellphones for 10 yrs work for pretty much everywhere this is the worst

Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader
    Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good base pay lots of hrs if need get paid ever week, commissions small easy poa

Cons

too much work example launch day of IPhone 6 I work 18 straight. very poor commotion between make source and target. no accounting for how commissions or proof of commissions. worst poa ever , this is the littlest amount I have ever been payed for a cell phone job if you have done cell phones before stay away . if not keep in mind this is a temp company

better commotion , some proof that your getting paid on a sale

MarketSource Photos