MarketSource Reviews

Reset

1. A company with lots of growth opportunities

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A company with lots of avenues of growth and development if you get a good a good manager or mentor. I was fortunate to have several awesome mentors to work under thus allowing me to advance into several different rolls in MarketSource.

Cons

Working with a company that represents other companies products you can expect to see changes in the program and sometimes they can be inconvenient and not be what you might expect..

Advice to Management

It would be great if the program would be more consistent in following through with with following up with Individual Development Program.

Jul 29, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback! We are currently working on better improving these programs along with developing others. We truly appreciate your patience and hard work.

Marketsource

Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You basically get a chance to run your own business. Pay to work ratio isn't awful. Tons of room for promotions and the program is still new and rapidly expanding.

Cons

No time and a half on Holidays. Systems don't work properly because program is still new.

Advice to Management

Fix your systems and start offering better sales intensives/commission.

Jul 21, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I assure you we are looking into the systems. We appreciate your patience while making these improvements.

3. Target Mobile

Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Hixson, TN
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Lead in Hixson, TN

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom in the work environment Excellent coworkers Decent Hourly pay Consistent hours Paid time off

Cons

Horrible Commission structure No holiday pay inconsistent Communication problems Constantly changing and not improving

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. Let the team leads and team members have overlapping schedules.

Jul 20, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We know that there has been a change in the compensation structure, but that is to make improvements for the overall program. Not only will employees receive hourly pay ... More

Worst company I've ever worked for

I have been working at MarketSource full-time

Pros

Schedule is SOMEWHAT flexible, not much anymore

Cons

This company is SO CHEAP. If you get offered a position through them, run as far as you can. They are deceiving and do not have your best interest

Aug 25, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for your review.

I Wish It Could Have Continued

Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The closest thing to owning your own business. Excellent commission structure. Fair base pay. District manager who was attentive and responsive to the needs of the kiosk I managed.

Cons

The only holiday bonus pay I received was for working Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Required to work all weekends. Serious communication and training issues with their clients. The upper management did not do enough to protect employees from client retaliation and personal vendettas. Poor benefits.

Advice to Management

Holiday pay for all employees. Give managers one weekend off a month. Better communication and training with your clients. Better protection your employees from vendettas and retaliation.

Jul 29, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for your review. Depending on the district you are in, your schedule may vary. Our recruiters go over these details to make sure it is a fit for the candidate before moving forward into ... More

7. MarketSource Review

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and good pay.

Cons

Not enough hours, thats about it.

Jul 20, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us! With the holiday season quickly approaching, retail working hours are expected to increase. If you are looking for additional hours, please make your ... More

8. Field Sales representative

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative

I worked at MarketSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company and awesome management couldn't ask for anything better. Team work environment and the products we worked with where awesome

Cons

My territory was a little big and could have used some extra help

Jul 15, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you!

9. Target mobile team captain

Current Employee - Team Captain
    Current Employee - Team Captain

Pros

Hourly + comissions + bonuses, life, health, dental, pto, 50 cent raises every 6 months. Get to set my own schedule. Love the new team captain position I'm getting. Started as a store manager and in less then a year I'm getting one of the new team captain positions. I will be with this company for awhile.

Cons

Only thing that is frustrating, every month I have the second highest baseline goal in the district, yet compared to the store with the first highest, I get a 3rd of the inventory. All I wish is I could be supplied with the phones I need to push from 2nd in the district every month to 1rst. If I had the correct inventory I would rank #1 every month within the district, and I could commission out a lot more.

Advice to Management

If your going to set my baseline goals high, which I don't have a problem with, please supply me with what I need to be successful and make my self, and our client, more money.

Jul 15, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback. As we grow, we know that there will be many opportunities for improvements. We are currently conducting multiple analysis, for ... More

10. Target Mobile Wireless Team Lead

Current Employee - Target Mobile Store Manager
    Current Employee - Target Mobile Store Manager

I have been working at MarketSource full-time

Pros

In order to gain experience, this is an ideal company. I've previously worked retail, but have never had management experience (and finding any other company that offers management jobs to those with little to no experience is difficult to find). The hourly pay I'd not bad, and at the very least, there is some semblance of commission. Most of my team members are wonderful, and they are the reason I can feel motivated to go to work.

Cons

Low quality benefits, district manager who cares little about the team (I'm sure not all are like mine), no proper training (mainly just elearnings), little communication, never stable commission structure, too many third parties for every little department which makes activating phones take far longer than it should, etc. Honestly, there are far more cons working here than pros. At this point, I'm just waiting until ive been working here for a year so I can move on to a better job.

Advice to Management

Please treat those working in stores with more respect. I know countless individuals who have discussed things about my DM to HR, and yet nothing has come of it. I've had 3 years of experience working with phones, but this is by far the most stressful company because the work environment is so negative. If I need help, the first point of contact is our DM is what I've learned, but he rarely responds to inquiries. If I call the ROC, I've been told many times to talk to my DM for things he refuses to tell us about without reminding us how much we "don't listen" to him; this attitude discourages the communication with our DM. Overall, the job is easy and fun albeit the stress caused by little benefits and compensation for the head aches I get from my direct supervisor (DM). It pains me that the company doesn't raise an eyebrow after all of the complaints we give to HR.

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you were able to assume extra responsibility and develop additional skills that you may have not been able to otherwise, while working ... More

Try to Stay Optimistic

Current Employee - Wireless Team Member in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Member in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly work environment. Working as a wireless team member with Marketsource at target is a great starting point for people who would like to learn the ropes in technology and retail sales. Hours can be flexible which help many people who are busy outside of work.

Cons

biggest problems are the low pay and the poor commission scale. The pay off the the amount of work you do don't really reflect in a paycheck sometimes especially in lower volume stores. Because work hours are so flexible it can easily be come a unreliable source of income. In order to get a livable paycheck requires all of your week working. Depending on where you work managers can leave you without the proper resources as well as take a majority of sale opportunities away from you. There is not much room for growth as you can have this position for many years and be told false hopes of moving up in the company while they hire people from the outside. the biggest con is a slow POA system that can have many bugs and errors on a regular basis. As well as not having all the products that can drive sales. For example having a Samsung or Motorola phone available but not having the accessories like a phone case or screen protector for that certain phone because apple has taken over the market. Where the guest has to go elsewhere for that thus leading to a missed sale.

Advice to Management

Higher hourly pay and always look to promote within

Jul 29, 2015 – Social Media & Community Specialist

Were glad you enjoyed the working place. Our part time jobs are great supplemental income positions, as a lot of people enjoy them as a second source of income. However, we have a lot of employees ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed