MarketSource Reviews

403 reviews filtered by

Employee Beware

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a typical 9 - 5
    No one knows what you're doing so if you want you can get away with not working.

Cons

As soon as your numbers get good they look to replace you with someone new to pay them less.
    They ask clients to pay more while cutting employee wages, benefits, etc.
    When i worked for this company my direct manager try to show me ways to cut corners, steal from the company, and flat out told me he avoids at all costs to hire black people and women.

If you want to grow you need to grow your employees.

2. MarketSource review

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

Great team culture. Hard working. Fast paced. Growth opportunities.

Cons

Less stability. Pay is slightly lower than standards.

3. Work was pretty straightforward. this is still a new company so plenty of room for improvement.

Former Employee - Wireless Team Member in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Wireless Team Member in San Jose, CA

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You are paid to talk to people. Quotas are not hard to meet. Generally you are surrounded by a team of hardworking and honest coworkers. flexible scheduling. you don't ever take your work home so no off the clock stress

Cons

District managers just want numbers and don't understand the day to day grind. occasionally a lot of down time. Not much opportunity for advancement.

Management seems to only come by when an employee is having a rough sales month. Occasionally they will appear when an employee is having a good sales month. You should practice supporting them on a regular basis.

The work is typically not difficult, but there are few real opportunities for growth here.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The workplace is not high stress. However, there are times when management can overdo things in attempts to please "THE CLIENT."

Cons

The goal of MarketSource is centered around bringing in new people for their clients. There is no emphasis on retention or doing what's best for the employees that are currently here. If you are fresh out of college, this is a good place to gain experience. Otherwise, this is not the place for you.

Management should work to do a lot better at doing what's best for their current employees. The approach to retention is very passive. Instead of focusing on hiring new people, figure out what you can do to provide better opportunities for current ones.

Decent source of gas money

Current Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, not much management hovering as long as their is traffic, relaxed work environment most times, simple goals, anyone that likes Manager in their title can become one which really only gaurantees full time hours for nanny duties.

Cons

They would rather hire 7 people to work one day a week each, then put 3 out of 7 on the weekends. Target gets free labor and technical expertise, which only qualifies Mobile employees to get cursed out for not ringing up 20 pieces of clothing because Target electronics team members are nowhere to be found. If Mobile managers had the power to send you to the bathroom with an ipad to harass Target guests when traffic is slow they would.

Your hiring and retention strategy is obviously working for the guys on top, but eventually your presumed endless supply of starving workers will run out. Daily 1 hour conference calls do not serve any purpose but to rob sales people of an hour of possible selling time.

7. Too many new supervisors

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

Ok pay but too much time for pay

Cons

Bad decisions friends m upper management

8. Plenty of Room to Grow

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

Work-Life balance is good, and plenty of room for promotion.

Cons

Low pay would be about it.

9. Wish I didn't have to relocate, would still be there!

Current Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

-not a lot of co-workers or supervision.
    -fairly easy job and systems.
    -commission system was great.

Cons

-target employees didn't understand that Target MOBILE was NOT the same company and we were NOT employed by Target, so they would throw a lot of their responsibilities on us.
    -first pay check was mandatorily mailed, and took almost 3 weeks to get.

-Invest in more professional uniforms/nametags (even if employees have to pay for them) so customers in the Target stores can distinguish us from the regular Target associates and we can focus on our job more, instead of being distracted by electronics/toys customers that have no interest in phone upgrades.

10. Mismanaged

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

Easy interview, target distract manager was very kind, pay decent.

Cons

No real training, unprofessional to just throw new people into the field who have no experience so you end up with a lot of confused employees

Just provide more training.

Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Career opportunities are endless for people that work hard and don't expect things to be handed to them. Most people that work for MarketSource are remote employee's which means if you want to be successful you have to understand three things: results matter, the client needs to love you and your communication with your boss is important so that they understand your successes.

The culture is the reason I joined the team. People here place high value on the core values and the culture, it was a refreshing change for me.

Cons

The business is contract driven with the client, which means the program can direction in a moments notice. "Fire-drills" are common, accept this early and you'll be fine. HR & payroll support leaves much to be desired for a company of it's size. They try really hard, those departments are just under-resourced.

Work on improving communication to all levels of the organization.

MarketSource Photos