MarketStar

MarketStar Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

MarketStar President and CEO Dave Treadway

Dave Treadway

Pros
  • Lots of autonomy and a great work/ life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Good pay for those early in their careers(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has zero clue as to what is actually going on in the field(in 18 reviews)

• No room for growth in the company(in 7 reviews)

Good Holiday Job

Google Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou aren't going to find many jobs that pay $18 an hour for a temporary holiday job. The training was pretty awesome as well. We got some cool products to use at our discretion during our job period.

ConsThe fact that it was temporary sucked but you know that coming in. Having saturdays and sundays off would be nice but once again it's a temporary job so you know that coming in. Not really a big deal.

A+ company to work for as Independent Contractor!

Google Specialist (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI was consistently paid on time every two weeks via direct deposit. Marketstar's online schedule is easy for Flexteam members to adjust schedule availability dates. Technical support team was always available to help if I had trouble with Marketstar's online system.

ConsI worked remotely so communicate falls off sometimes during long promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing well!

Overall a good oportunity.

Sony Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat pay, no overhead management.

ConsNo room to grow. Very boring for retail at times. Most projects are temporary.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more communicative with your employees. My manager was awful in communicating or answering emails and calls.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible company

Inside Sales Representative V Sales Representative (Former Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsGood for underachievers that don't have a degree

ConsTerrible management, I mean BAD.
    They pay you crumbs, just enough to keep you there. From experience I found a job that pays twice what marketstar will pay you.
    They are at the mercy of their client, you are a pee on. I was a TOP rep in the program and lost my job, very unstable. Contracts can be pulled anytime. HR had some slip ups they are in some legal trouble with now. I promise you there are better jobs out there

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees, the ones who are on the front line battling everyday.

Good, but Not a Great place to work anymore!

ProsFlexible Work weeks with Great people and talent to work with on occasion.

ConsToo much change and more of it coming with no good way to make more $ year after year. Upper and middle Management that is disconnected with the front lines of day to day business and teams moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind other incentives and reasons to keep the top talent if a pay raise is just out of the question from year to year0, and/or during evaluation time.

Great place to start off a career in Sales/Operations, but doesn't offer growth opportunities.

Channel Sales Specialist (Current Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsEasygoing work environment, flexible work arraignments, moderate-to-good benefits package.

ConsDisengaged upper management, little-to-no upward mobility, stagnate and low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually learn what your employees do on a day-to-day basis. Often the business initiatives that are handed down by management have little to do with your actual job functions, and come off as busy-work that takes you away from what you really need to get done. Also, if management doesn't understand the day-to-day the employees quickly lose faith in their ability to help and direct the team.

Okay job at best, but pays well

Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPays Well
    Low amount of hours
    Three days per week

ConsWeekends only usually
    Short term job, about three months

They press you about sales, yet at the same time they want you to be careful who you sale too.
    Market Manager not the greatest

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOne gets to learn about many facets of a clients business while working at Marketstar.

ConsVery little job security and upward mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementPitch the value of your organizations experience to the client from day one and put in place real metrics that show value and present employees with a true opportunity to progress their career.

MarketStar Recruiting Department

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsMarketStar is a part of the Publicis Omnicom Group Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) the largest advertising and marketing organization in the world. As the pioneer in outsourced sales and marketing since 1988, MarketStar supports the vision and promotes the success of hundreds of companies, large to small, across the world. MarketStar's team manages over 80,000 commercial accounts, visits nearly 1,000,000 retail stores annually, interacts with over 500,000 customers via phone and closes nearly $13 Billion in annual sales for our clients.

MarketStar's 6000 global team members are a unique blend of field, phone and digital based staff. With operations across North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, we communicate in over 20 languages and call into over 70 countries. Our people are not just outsourced staff; they're passionate advocates, dedicated to representing and promoting our clients' products and services. Join the leader in sales and marketing outsourcing.

ConsThere is a need to be able to wear many hats and be as agile as possible. This can take a lot of energy. It's worth it at the end of the day when you get to make a phone call to extend an offer and be the first step in an individual's career path.

Product specialist

Product Specialist (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat company to work for, very family oriented company

Consdon't get paid enough for the work that must be completed

Advice to Senior Managementstay more in contact with your team in the field

Worked for MarketStar? Contribute to the Community!