Marketecture Reviews

Updated July 24, 2014
Updated July 24, 2014

4.2

Oliver Bigler

Great place with great vision!

I have been working at Marketecture full-time

Pros

One of the most important things for me as an employee is empowerment. I want to know that I can make a difference doing the job I was hired to do and do it the way that I feel is the best way to do it. A lot of companies preach employee empowerment, but at Marketecture it is real. It's not to say that Marketecture doesn't have process in place, they do, they just realize that every employee is valuable and has powerful insight to offer in order to do the job and do it right to help clients succeed. They do a fantastic job with helping employees to understand the vision and are very good at helping employees to succeed. If something is done in err, that is not inline with company vision, they take the time to train and correct rather than overreacting. Don't think that you get to just slide by as an employee either, because they do have accountability and as long as you maintain the realistic expectations you have nothing to worry about.

Management is very approachable and open to hearing all side of situations and really take the time to listen to the people before the make decisions. They may not always agree, but they will never make light of an opinion and always strive let people be heard.

Cons

There is one area in particular that Marketecture needs to see some improvement, and that is in followup communication.

Make sure to followup with employees after they voice their opinions. Generally management is good at listening to the first round, but there doesn't seem to be enough followup so employees know what happens after they voice their opinions.

Terrible

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Analyst in Orem, UT

I worked at Marketecture part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment... That is literally the only thing. Oh and I got a free shirt.

Cons

CEO "Oli" made some terrible financial decisions that resulted in an 80% reduction in the workforce. The only individuals that withstood that massive lay-off event were family members of the VPs and Oli's cronies. It upended many people's livelihoods and the company went to great lengths to prevent severances from being paid-out and unemployment benefits from being accessed.

Additionally, their business model is predicated on shady business practices. Before their rebranding (from eHarbor to Marketecture), they had an 'F' with the BBB and an ungodly amount of unresolved complaints. Their chargeback amounts could have easily turned the company upside down (maybe this should be relegated to the 'pro ' section since it appears they found a way to resolve those).

Good luck, no doubt you didn't learn from the first down-turn, you wont be prepared for the next one.

A nice place to work with a lot of potential

Current Employee - Content Writer  in  American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Content Writer in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work directly with and get to know upper management, a big focus on learning and advancing (whether in the company or for your future career elsewhere), open to feedback, great company goals

Cons

This company is still developing, so that can be frustrating....I think my least favorite thing is that the services they offer - marketing, social media, SEO - well, they're not the absolute best at them for their OWN company. They're working on it, though, and I enjoy being a part of that push.

Show customers what you can do by doing it on your own website and social media accounts. That will be the strongest testimonial you can get.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for some, not for me

I worked at Marketecture full-time

Pros

Great people, a fun environment

Cons

Not very accepting of employee input

Great up and coming company

Current Employee - SMB Account Manager  in  Pleasant Grove, UT
    Current Employee - SMB Account Manager in Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed culture for this up and coming software with a service company. There are still a few growing pains here and there, but management is very connected with their staff and looking for ways to improve the company and make employees feel valued. Ping pong anytime and you can advance and pave your own way- need I say more

Cons

can be monotonous.
    still working out kinks in system which can be frustrating

keep working on developing the company and be more open with communication to employees especially in creating a culture where they don't fear to come, but are anxious to come to you for improvement

Entrepreneurial focused

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The senior management of this company is very entrepreneurial minded and strive to perpetuate that mentality throughout the company. The beauty of this is that it translates well to our customers, who are generally new entrepreneurs. The company's atmosphere also thrives off of its commitment to accountability, both to its customers and employees, and maintains a fun, energetic, and innovative environment.

Cons

Our customer base is growing pretty quickly and we are all tasked to capacity, which adds a bit more stress to the day to day activities.

Keep doing what you're doing, the open door policy is really effective. Keep getting to know the employees.

Marketecture: A place where people know what their doing.

Current Employee - Marketer  in  Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Marketer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Marketecture as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Why I dig Marketecture? I love the people who work here, there's an atmosphere here that really encourages everyone to be themselves. As a result people feel comfortable and work hard. I also really dig the executive team here, they are a jolly collection of fellows who seem to really know what their doing. Ultimately I don't feel like I have a single co-worker here who I feel doesn't fit in, or doesn't know what he/she is doing, which is impressive considering the wide array of positions here and even wider variety of personalities I've encountered.

Cons

Its a little cold where I sit. Maybe its all the free pebble ice or maybe its just an over generous amount of Air Conditioning, both of which are luxuries.

Couldn't Free lunch fridays be every week?
    Keep treating everyone equally, I think I speak for everyone when I say, We dig it!

Good for the most part.

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Orem, UT

I worked at Marketecture full-time for less than a year

Pros

It depends on which department you work in. They do have benefits and they are defiantly growing.

Cons

They are putting more effort into growing certain parts of their company but others are just there to keep cash flow up. Those are the areas you don't want to be a part of, a lot of politics and the executives have no oversight and have no idea what is going on. The board of directors are amazing and the executives are great guys you just want to be a part of what they are doing, not what they feel has already been accomplished as far as it will go.

Pay more attention to sales middle management, they have no interest in anything that will not benefit themselves directly. There are no goals for them to build the company, just in what the size of their next paycheck will be.

Best Company In Utah

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They try really hard to make their employees feel like they have decision making power and that their contributions are real and have an affect on the company and the customers. And they are trying to make their customers as satisfied as possible. Makes my job a lot easier.

Cons

I'd like more swag and branding stuff from the company. I'm really proud of Marketecture and I'd love to show that off more. Hats, shirts, beanies. You name it, I'll wear it.

Maybe not so much detail about how the company is doing - i.e. dollar/cents/graphs and charts. Just tell me you'll be able to pay my paycheck next month and that we're doing fantastic and then let me keep working. I've got a lot of stuff to do!

The best job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Marketecture

Pros

I have great coworkers, a boss who understands how development works, and senior management that wants to make sure the company does well and who understand that happy employees make for a better company.

Cons

I occasionally wish I got paid a little better, but the amazing work environment makes up for that. I have no complaints other than that.

Definitely keep doing what you're doing. The only thing I'd change would be to try and make it possible to have raises slightly more often, even if they're small raises. In this economy, it can really help earn more employee loyalty.

Worked for Marketecture? Contribute to the Community!