Marketecture

Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Marketecture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, learning opportunities, flexibility

Cons

Limited ability to move up in the company

Almost a Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Account Manager in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Account Manager in American Fork, UT

I worked at Marketecture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people that work here are really fun.

Cons

I never received any real training particular to my position. I was uncomfortable with the types of things they asked me to do without explaining the situation first. Their dealings seemed to always land just on this side of ethical, but too close for comfort in my eyes.

I never knew what the management was doing. Things always seemed to be changing things, but it was never a good change.

Marketecture is a great part-time or full-time job while in school or upon graduation!

Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pros include, flexibility, great compensation, and accommodating management.

Cons

I would say that the only con is not having a long-term growth path within the company.

Great experience overall, nice company, should work on some of the details

Former Employee - Social Media Consultant in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Social Media Consultant in American Fork, UT

I worked at Marketecture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, nice co-workers, great work to home-life balance. Marketecture was helpful and understanding about personal situations. Atmosphere was built for creativity and hard work. I really think this company has a lot of potential.

Cons

Open to feedback, but rarely (never) acts on the feedback. I felt like all of my proactive ideas were not utilized. There was some money issues with some of the clients (they would sign up older people and use their retirement money for an online business which would only pay back 5% of the time). I had major moral issues with some of the activities that went on at Marketecture. Other than that, really great place.

Often the bottom dollar led people in this company to develop policies and practices that negatively affected the clients. It was hard to talk to the clients/customers and know that we were taking their money with little to no hope of a return for them. Of course, this wasn't true of every client but there was a category of older clients that I believed were conned out of their money. Marketecture should work on re-structuring their policies with these clients and be honest instead of looking for another dollar.

Great place with great vision!

I have been working at Marketecture full-time

Pros

One of the most important things for me as an employee is empowerment. I want to know that I can make a difference doing the job I was hired to do and do it the way that I feel is the best way to do it. A lot of companies preach employee empowerment, but at Marketecture it is real. It's not to say that Marketecture doesn't have process in place, they do, they just realize that every employee is valuable and has powerful insight to offer in order to do the job and do it right to help clients succeed. They do a fantastic job with helping employees to understand the vision and are very good at helping employees to succeed. If something is done in err, that is not inline with company vision, they take the time to train and correct rather than overreacting. Don't think that you get to just slide by as an employee either, because they do have accountability and as long as you maintain the realistic expectations you have nothing to worry about.

Management is very approachable and open to hearing all side of situations and really take the time to listen to the people before the make decisions. They may not always agree, but they will never make light of an opinion and always strive let people be heard.

Cons

There is one area in particular that Marketecture needs to see some improvement, and that is in followup communication.

Make sure to followup with employees after they voice their opinions. Generally management is good at listening to the first round, but there doesn't seem to be enough followup so employees know what happens after they voice their opinions.

Terrible

Former Employee - Analyst in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Analyst in Orem, UT

I worked at Marketecture part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment... That is literally the only thing. Oh and I got a free shirt.

Cons

CEO "Oli" made some terrible financial decisions that resulted in an 80% reduction in the workforce. The only individuals that withstood that massive lay-off event were family members of the VPs and Oli's cronies. It upended many people's livelihoods and the company went to great lengths to prevent severances from being paid-out and unemployment benefits from being accessed.

Additionally, their business model is predicated on shady business practices. Before their rebranding (from eHarbor to Marketecture), they had an 'F' with the BBB and an ungodly amount of unresolved complaints. Their chargeback amounts could have easily turned the company upside down (maybe this should be relegated to the 'pro ' section since it appears they found a way to resolve those).

Good luck, no doubt you didn't learn from the first down-turn, you wont be prepared for the next one.

A nice place to work with a lot of potential

Current Employee - Content Writer in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Content Writer in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work directly with and get to know upper management, a big focus on learning and advancing (whether in the company or for your future career elsewhere), open to feedback, great company goals

Cons

This company is still developing, so that can be frustrating....I think my least favorite thing is that the services they offer - marketing, social media, SEO - well, they're not the absolute best at them for their OWN company. They're working on it, though, and I enjoy being a part of that push.

Show customers what you can do by doing it on your own website and social media accounts. That will be the strongest testimonial you can get.

Good for some, not for me

I worked at Marketecture full-time

Pros

Great people, a fun environment

Cons

Not very accepting of employee input

Great up and coming company

Current Employee - SMB Account Manager in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Current Employee - SMB Account Manager in Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed culture for this up and coming software with a service company. There are still a few growing pains here and there, but management is very connected with their staff and looking for ways to improve the company and make employees feel valued. Ping pong anytime and you can advance and pave your own way- need I say more

Cons

can be monotonous.
    still working out kinks in system which can be frustrating

keep working on developing the company and be more open with communication to employees especially in creating a culture where they don't fear to come, but are anxious to come to you for improvement

Entrepreneurial focused

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Marketecture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The senior management of this company is very entrepreneurial minded and strive to perpetuate that mentality throughout the company. The beauty of this is that it translates well to our customers, who are generally new entrepreneurs. The company's atmosphere also thrives off of its commitment to accountability, both to its customers and employees, and maintains a fun, energetic, and innovative environment.

Cons

Our customer base is growing pretty quickly and we are all tasked to capacity, which adds a bit more stress to the day to day activities.

Keep doing what you're doing, the open door policy is really effective. Keep getting to know the employees.

Marketecture Photos

Business Casual
We don't always wear suits to work, but when we do, we look awesome.
Company Barbecues are ALWAYS fun.

+ Add Photo