Marketing Consultants of Orlando

Marketing Consultants of Orlando Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Ashley Allen

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time for more than a year

Prosfast paced management opportunity growth

ConsHours can be intimidating but well worth the hard work

Lies, false promise, and below minimum wage pay

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time for less than a year

ProsYou get plenty of exercise going door to door. You do get to interact with many customers.

ConsWhere to start...This is a door to door sales job. You literally walk up to doors that say no soliciting, you say, "I am not soliciting "ma'am or sir, I am here to explain the fiber optic work in the area". Then you try to sell them AT&T cable and internet. Last time I checked, this is soliciting. Now the company has two ways to get paid "allegedly" $575 a week then commissions after a certain number of sales or straight commission. Nobody I ever talked to was on the first plan, everyone was on straight commissions. Pretty sure that the first plan doesn't exist and you are steered hard from it. A huge turn on was the ability to open my own branch and make 6 figures after working there for a year or so. This isn't realistic and may be a complete mirage. The only person there that is ready to do this is still waiting to open his branch. Training may bankrupt you. $250 for the training period working 12 hour days for a week. Do the math, it's far below minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with employees and prospective employees. Offer a better training program with adequate compensation. Be realistic when it comes to personal and career growth.

Best Opportunity to Advance FAST!

ProsBecause everyone starts entry level it's an even playing field, unlike most companies. Everyone has the same opportunity to advance based on performance. This is a great place to start a fast moving career right out of college. The management team provides training and leadership coaching in order to help new people feel comfortable. It's a positive and fun environment and the team is really cool.

ConsIt is not easy to get hired. They have a 3 step interview process so only the best of the best are chosen. High expectations, but big rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work training and coaching the team. I like that you set clear expectations up front, teach people how to achieve. That way it's really only up to each individual how fast they move up. Thanks for being honest and rewarding the performers.

Corporate Trainer for Marketing Consultants of Orlando

Corporate Trainer (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time for less than a year

ProsAdvance at my speed. I am a hard worker and have passed up several people who have been her longer than me.

ConsFast pace environment. Have to constantly be on your game to progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing me to get where you are.

Interview with Marketing Consultants of Orlando

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsThree tier interview so meet multiple people in the company. Get a good feel for the positions and environment.

ConsThere is a lot of competition, so important to strive to be top 20%

Great place to work!

I have been working at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time

ProsRapid growth, company offers mentor ship program
Great Atmosphere
Perks
Great incentives

ConsNo cons, everything is great!

Worked for Marketing Consultants of Orlando? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marketing Consultants of Orlando reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marketing Consultants of Orlando CEO Ashley Allen. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Marketing Consultants of Orlando employees.