Marketing Consultants of Orlando

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Ashley Allen

Superb

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI started out with the company as an account manager working at our Pittsburgh location. Within seven short months I was promoted to assistant manager and had a crew of 15 people. When the opportunity opened to move to Florida and see an office open from the ground up, I did not hesitate to move. Knowing this would elongate the amount of time it took me to have my own office, I was more than ready to sacrifice a few months to be that much better prepared to manage a firm for the worlds largest telecommunication company.

As a former law school student coming into the company, I was definitely overqualified for an entry level position. However, I was not overqualified to manage an office for the worlds largest telecommunication company. I loved the entire interviewing process because of how up front the company was about exactly what it is that they did. There was no question as to what I would be doing for the company or what the companies goals were for themselves as well as myself if I were offered the position.

After only two years in the business, I have completed the management training program and am now opening my own location in Birmingham, Alabama! I could not be more excited to be in COMPLETE CONTROL of my future. I never thought I would find a company that rewards people based on merit and not seniority or who you know. Nor did I think I would find an opportunity that would give me the opportunity to go from entry level to partner (making 6 figures per year) in a matter of two short years.

ConsThe biggest challenge of working for this company is committing yourself to become the best version of yourself on a daily basis!

Waste of time and money.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsYou'll get plenty of exercise.

ConsThis is a COMMISSIONS ONLY door to door sales job. You'll be driving all over the state on your own dime knocking on random doors 99 percent of which will slam it shut in your face. You don't make money if you don't make a sale and that's 1 out of every 50 doors (They actually tell you that in training) unless you don't need money and have nothing to do. Don't waste your time. All the 5 star reviews are BS cause we're asked to do them my the manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you interview a potential employee for the first time make sure you say these exact words. "By the way, this is a door-to-door sales job."

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosfast paced management opportunity growth

ConsHours can be intimidating but well worth the hard work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lies, false promise, and below minimum wage pay

Account Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsYou get plenty of exercise going door to door. You do get to interact with many customers.

ConsWhere to start...This is a door to door sales job. You literally walk up to doors that say no soliciting, you say, "I am not soliciting "ma'am or sir, I am here to explain the fiber optic work in the area". Then you try to sell them AT&T cable and internet. Last time I checked, this is soliciting. Now the company has two ways to get paid "allegedly" $575 a week then commissions after a certain number of sales or straight commission. Nobody I ever talked to was on the first plan, everyone was on straight commissions. Pretty sure that the first plan doesn't exist and you are steered hard from it. A huge turn on was the ability to open my own branch and make 6 figures after working there for a year or so. This isn't realistic and may be a complete mirage. The only person there that is ready to do this is still waiting to open his branch. Training may bankrupt you. $250 for the training period working 12 hour days for a week. Do the math, it's far below minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with employees and prospective employees. Offer a better training program with adequate compensation. Be realistic when it comes to personal and career growth.

Best Opportunity to Advance FAST!

ProsBecause everyone starts entry level it's an even playing field, unlike most companies. Everyone has the same opportunity to advance based on performance. This is a great place to start a fast moving career right out of college. The management team provides training and leadership coaching in order to help new people feel comfortable. It's a positive and fun environment and the team is really cool.

ConsIt is not easy to get hired. They have a 3 step interview process so only the best of the best are chosen. High expectations, but big rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work training and coaching the team. I like that you set clear expectations up front, teach people how to achieve. That way it's really only up to each individual how fast they move up. Thanks for being honest and rewarding the performers.

Corporate Trainer for Marketing Consultants of Orlando

Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAdvance at my speed. I am a hard worker and have passed up several people who have been her longer than me.

ConsFast pace environment. Have to constantly be on your game to progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing me to get where you are.

Interview with Marketing Consultants of Orlando

Account Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThree tier interview so meet multiple people in the company. Get a good feel for the positions and environment.

ConsThere is a lot of competition, so important to strive to be top 20%

Great place to work!

ProsRapid growth, company offers mentor ship program
    Great Atmosphere
    Perks
    Great incentives

ConsNo cons, everything is great!

Worked for Marketing Consultants of Orlando? Contribute to the Community!