Marketing Evolution Reviews

4.2
Rex Briggs

Tremendous Opportunities for Personal Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Spent six years at Marketing Evolution. Cannot say enough positive things about the firm.

Marketing Evolution has a very strong and unique culture that permeates every level of the company. Every team member is given the opportunity to truly own their work and when they prove they can handle one task, then they are given the opportunity to take on another. Employees are promoted based on their ability to take on the next challenge and not just on tenure or seniority.

Employees are given the opportunity to move across different functions of the firm, either formally or informally, which makes it a great place to acquire a wide range of skills. I spent time performing client work, business development, and financial forecasting.

Teams are collaborative and people genuinely enjoy working together. Employees are able to have flexible schedules, as long as they get their work done.

The CEO is very hands on and cares deeply about the success of the firm and its clients. In my first week at the firm, I was working alongside him on a key account.

Cons

Marketing Evolution's culture is not for everyone. You must be comfortable in a fast-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment. The firm moves very quickly to stay ahead in the rapidly evolving marketing technology space. Expect your responsibilities to change as the marketing landscape evolves and the product evolves with it. Those periods of change are challenging.

The firm can be a tough place to work if you don't feel comfortable pushing forward without detailed guidance. But if you enjoy being given that latitude, you will be a great fit.

Hours can be long, particularly if there is a key client deliverable due, but that's true of any client facing company.

2. Amazing place to work!!

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Challenging and intellectual work with many resources and smart, friendly colleagues to help achieve quality work
    - Great place to learn new skills and develop your career; definitely a place where employees can stay for the long term
    - Very flexible and places a lot of value on the happiness and morale of employees
    - Always looking to improve and innovate to be able to be the leader in the industry

Cons

It would be helpful if the sharing of the company's big picture: goals, financials, new clients etc. occurred more frequently than on a quarterly basis.

3. Analyst

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work from home, snacks, nice people

Cons

more than just a 9-5 hour day

My Somewhere-Over-the-Rainbow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time

Pros

The company is a leader in the industry with incredible growth opportunities. Quarterly reviews of different types and youearnedit.com membership offer valuable feedback, recognition, perks and election for bonus/raise. Company Values encourage in-depth training, process improvement, continued education, idea sharing, and positive company morale. Intelligent coworkers make for a knowledgeable and productive environment. Capacity planning helps ensure you are not overloaded or twirling your thumbs. Compensation and benefits package are better than most and are still improving. Office technology is advanced and you are provided any and all tech tools to help you succeed. Turnover has significantly slowed down due to efforts by senior management to improve morale, reduce work capacity, reward hard work and make better hiring decisions. Most employees that have proven they can stay on task are allowed to work remotely a couple days a week or more. Unless meeting with a client, the dress code is super casual and comfortable. With recent adoption of a morale budget, the offices participate in frequent fun activities and charity events - like beach cleanup, happy hour, staff lunch/dinners, pro baseball games, and river rafting. The morale budget also provides snacks in the kitchen like Keurig coffee, Clif bars, Jerky, Fruit, Candy, Juice, Chips, Nuts and more.

Cons

Communication with senior management can be challenging at times, as most work remotely. Some costs are cut while others seem frivolous.

Please encourage more inter-office interaction. It would be nice to know the people in other offices better, as we work together on a daily basis.

It's about making our clients successful

Current Employee - Variety of Roles
    Current Employee - Variety of Roles

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I really enjoy the people and culture.

The use of technology, the orientation toward innovation, the dedication to education for team members, clients, and more broadly the industry, and the focus on figuring out how to increase marketers return-on-investment is up-lifting.

- People: Smart, capable, fun.
    - Technology: Amazing software.
    - Process: Well managed system for getting work done, and protecting time for innovation.
    - Clients: Interesting and diverse businesses to analyze. Clients respect us as close partners.
    - Pride: The company has consistently innovated. Attribution modeling, the value of online advertising on offline sales, then social media, then mobile... all at the same time as the level of insights become more detailed, and more real-time. That feels great to be part of ground-breaking work that I see written about in academic articles and dozens of business books that quote Marketing Evolution. I am thrilled when former professors ask me for my insight or experience on big data, etc. because they know we are at the forefront.

It feels like everyone is on the same page on the vision and purpose of the company, which centers on making marketers successful by delivering predictability, visibility and control over marketing ROI.

Cons

The agile method for managing innovation is a double-edged sword. It is great in that each month, meaningful progress is achieved. The other side is that there is always part of everyone's time that is pushing into the unknown.

Some people don't like the idea of "life-long learning." Usually these people opt-out within the first year when they find discomfort with having to innovate. It is important for hiring managers to ensure that people understand the expectation to innovate as an ongoing commitment.

On balance, I like the fact that its a cultural mandate to always learn, create and grow -- to evolve.

I've watched the company grow-up over the years, and enjoy the way in which the internal management has evolved. There is a great core of values that are explicit, that virtually everyone buys into, and opts into when they join. The agile/scrum process works well to consistently deliver innovation. I would ask that management consider if we can achieve more if we had a few less internal meetings. I would encourage management to please keep up the commitment to A-Players.

Innovative, interesting, challenging work!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers who are extremely smart and collaborative; supportive culture; junior level employees have access to senior management; all opinions are valued; work is challenging and engaging on a daily basis; firm is committed to innovation that will push the industry forward.

Cons

Because of the focus on rapid innovation, employees are tasked with embracing ambiguity and defining new processes regularly. This is not a great fit for everyone.

'Industry Leader' That Makes it Up As They Go After Promising It to Clients

Former Employee - Data Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- On the cutting edge of the market (i.e. growing pains)
    - Friendly and helpful coworkers
    - Small company environment where hard work gets recognized

Cons

- Below market pay
    - Tight deadlines with repetitive work
    - Management is disorganized and doesn't follow through
    - HIGH turnover

- If you want to retain top talent then pay them like it
    - Management always has grand ideas that are never followed through
    - Worker morale is poor because of high turnover and repetitive high stress workloads

Hardworking bunch of smart, fun people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone was smart, very hard-working and always treated each other with respect and kindness
    The work culture was relaxed and goals-focused. What mattered was getting your work done well and not how long you clocked-in
    Work was interesting and varied, and you were given ownership of project(s) relatively quickly
    Great office location

Cons

Not all the offices had same opportunities or types of projects which sometimes limited your exposure to new initiatives or approaches

Involve. Solve. Evolve.

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small Company, Great visibility, Advanced Analytics, Innovation, Product development, Great opportunities for advancement, consistent and constructive feedback, smart colleagues, great mentorship, limited travel.

Cons

Sometimes, innovation outpaced implementation. New Analysts usually need to be self-motivated to self-train in the initial ramp-up period.

Communication

11. Disorganized, lacks management transparency, poor culture

I worked at Marketing Evolution

Pros

Good work/life balance, there's a lot of responsibility up for grabs, most people are very nice

Cons

Poor benefits, high turnover, insufficient communication from leadership. Management is cheap and doesn't invest sufficiently in morale and culture.

Stop congratulating yourself for small accomplishments and make some real changes. You're not such a start-up anymore and you need to be willing to put in the money to grow.

Marketing Evolution Photos

Each office has a budget for fun
Each office aims to give back to the community

+ Add Photo