Marketing Innovators

Updated February 12, 2015
Updated February 12, 2015
2.5

Lois M. LeMenager

Respect, for my position and my life outside of work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Marketing Innovators full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I feel like I have a voice at MI, like I can say what needs to be said without fear of reproach. There is an openness to ideas and change that I haven't found at my other employers. Also, I have been given the ability to be flexible with my time to avoid terrible traffic and work from home as necessary. That is a huge factor in my enjoyment working here.

Cons

There is some resistance, from the CEO, to making the changes needed to stay agile in this changing world. But, the President and VPs are all very good at making changes happen despite this.

Better training on certain products used in this company would be appreciated.

MI uses full time employees like temporary contracts

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Marketing Innovators full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Generally very friendly and involved staff
    -Great culture

Cons

-Management has/will be going through more than 5 firings of new employees in just the past 6 months. (This is unheard of at a company as small as MI)
    -Training is non-existent in many departments and has been especially mentioned by almost every new member in the IT department
    -Expectations are insane and reviews are unrealistic and unhelpful (clearly showing predetermination on who will stay permanent and vice versa)

What you are doing with new employees is borderline evil. It seems a real possibility that everyone in my department that has been hired will soon be fired at some point in Q1. This will only last so long and until word gets out. Also, seeing as the job market is getting better, this will come back to bite when trying to make new hires.

MI needs to learn what it is trying to accomplish and start holding more appropriate interviews and stop using this "expendable" technique with new hires.

I've been given every opportunity to succeed at this company and to contribute to it's success

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Marketing Innovators full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Small Company - Common goals across the organization, allows an employee to contribute to many areas outside of their Position Title
    Incentives - Company has provided many incentives to motivate and reward employee performance and years of service
    Atmosphere - feels like a startup atmosphere at times due to their flagship product being an online software system, 1x a month friday afternoon social clubs with the entire company, open communication regarding what is going on in the company

Cons

Being a smaller company sometimes creates challenges
    - Roles and Responsibilities are sometimes not clearly defined
    - Resource constraints due to budgetary reasons

The company and business environment around is is constantly changing. Be willing to change with them and keep the momentum going

Old school management needs to change to keep up with the times

I have been working at Marketing Innovators full-time

Pros

Marketing Innovators is a good company to work for. The people are very friendly and welcoming. There are great incentives which is good since those are the type of programs they sell.

Cons

Upper management is a little behind on keeping up with new ideas. They need to be more open to ideas of other employees. A fresh thought could be useful in getting new clients.

Listen to all employees and make sure to share the credit when necessary.

Nice people but no growth. Company is changing.

I worked at Marketing Innovators full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people that work here are really nice, like family. Company is family owned and run, so that could be a pro or a con depending on what you prefer. Recently added a wellness program. Mostly everyone seems to care about each other.

Cons

Nobody's job is safe, whether one is a new hire or an 'old timer'. The CEO once ran a sharp business. Now with a management shift, and trying to keep up with changing times, one could describe the current company as "chaos". Too many chiefs and not enough workers. When one leaves or gets downsized, others are expected to take over and do their job plus several others. Salaries have been frozen for a long time. Employee morale is at an all time low.

Ask the employees who are not managers, yet work closely with clients for their suggestions, and really, really listen.

Going Downhill Fast

I have been working at Marketing Innovators full-time

Pros

A few good coworkers, good benefits and PTO, they do not negotiate salary so you typically get what you ask for.

Cons

Company has been in a five year pay freeze and this is not disclosed to new employees. Because of this, morale is very low and turnover with new hires who are not loyal to the organization is high. There have also been layoffs and "restructuring" to cut costs. Constant changes to services offered, though technology is behind the industry, making it hard to bring in new sales. Most of management has been with the organization for 15+ years and are not open to change or to different work techniques, leading to micromanagement and employees never have full ownership of their work. There are also lots of office politics between management, so interdepartmental projects require "playing games" in order to keep managers happy. This leads to work being reproduced several times, too many employees working on one project, and lots of frustration.

Reassess who the decision makers are, and put more trust into lower level employees. They tend to have a much better grasp on what is going on in the industry and can provide better insight for getting products and services back on track.

For an incentive company they sure do not provide incentives to the employees.

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Marketing Innovators full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, enjoy the friendships developed. Always enjoyed coming to work and the projects that we worked on.

Cons

Management has no clue on how to treat the employees. No raises in 4 years then lame attempts made to provide incentives to only have executive management make them unattainable.

Wipe the slate clean. Manager that have been there for 20+ years are ill equipped for the technological age.

This company won't be around for much longer...

I worked at Marketing Innovators full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, good benefits package

Cons

Managers have no insight into the potential of their workers. Company is behind the curve with the products and services offered to customers. Communication between departments is severely lacking and causes great amounts of friction in all situations. Company has been in a pay freeze for the past few years. Employees have already begun leaving for more stable (and profitable) jobs elsewhere. Company morale is at an all-time low.

Company needs to be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up. The services we offer pale in comparison to our competitors.

Marketing Innovators Photos