Marketing Instincts

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jerri Fratello

Great opportunity to work with big clients

Senior Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time for more than a year

ProsIt would impossible for me to work with big clients like Microsoft, Google, Samsung, and Sony in Temecula unless I joined Marketing Instincts. I got the chance to with such big clients and came to know about many career changing things from the Marketing Instincts. Working with proficient staffs of the organization I learnt how to handle big clients appropriately. All of the staffs are very cooperative.

ConsTo deal with big clients I need to work long hours sometimes. Most of the time clients set a tight deadline to finish their jobs. Therefore, we remain busy during the period.

Advice to Senior ManagementThough I pass a busy time at Marketing Instincts, I never feel any stress there. Rather, I find it challenging to finish the job in time. Management also motivate us to push hard.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

The Best Place to Work

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time for more than a year

ProsMarketing Instincts is the best place I have ever worked. The organization has very friendly and inspiring management to work with. I have never felt any kind of pressure from the managers. They are always nice to employees. Not only the top managements but also all other colleagues are very friendly and helpful in this organization.

Besides, you will find excellent work life balance in the organization. More importantly, Marketing Instincts offer quite exciting compensation packages along with many benefits. Another important pro of the Marketing Instincts is job security.

One will always feel that he is secured with his job in the organization. And it is quite easy for any employee to advance his or her career with Marketing Instincts. Time just flies during the working hours at the Marketing Instincts and I never felt it boring or stressful working at Marketing Instincts.

ConsThey will make you busy always...

Casual dress code, casual environment

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time for more than a year

ProsThe dress code is business casual and Fridays we can wear Jeans and tennis shoes. No buttoned up suits and ties here. I think because most of us are in our 20's and 30's it makes for a very casual environment that lends itself to good camaraderie. Its also nice because when I was new to the area, each day there was always some one to get together with for happy hour (especially like the local craft breweries.)

ConsBecause most of us are approximately the same age, there can be friendships and romantic relationships that form...and when they sour it can impact the rest of us. At my last job, I think because it was more formal and so many different age groups, everyone tended to stay to themselves and never really got close.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe when romantic relationships and very strong friendships form, something should be done by management so that their ups and downs don't effect the rest of us. Although over the last couple of years its only been a couple of situations, I'm not sure that management is even aware that it is going on.

Challenging but worth it!

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork with the best companies in the world no doubt.

ConsYou have to be on your game when you have the best companies as clients. It's hard work but worth it! Don't work here if you want to just put hours in and collect a paycheck. Its for people with higher work ethics that strive to be the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise testing difficulty for applicants.

They Post Fake Reviews, but make great products

Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Marketing Instincts full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany or a PR firm posts very good reviews. They almost look like the same person wrote them. Some very good obvious work, but at least its successful.

The products the company makes are 1st rate, some of them are outstanding.
They charge a good bit of money for such products (as they should), but i feel they loose money do to lack of organization.

ConsThe company will use employees. Mainly its Geri (principle owner) that is the one that causes the most stress at the company. Jon is very nice and professional.

Very poorly organized. This is the biggest issue with the company, as they can't seem to get their act together. In fact a good portion of the stress was caused by the lack of organization at the company where something is put off until the last minute when it could have been accomplished much earlier.

Massive turnover rate. Honestly its possibly due to their very open hiring practices. They hire anyone off the street, treat them bad and then fire them the next day.

There are multiple labor violations that happen off and on at this company. Make sure you know the law.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better employees, ones that can provide value and organization.
Let go of the reigns on some matters, your micromanaging is what creates most of the problems.
Make Jon the president of the company. He has more of a clue.

Research before you apply, good luck if hired.

Accounts Payable (Former Employee)

I worked at Marketing Instincts full-time for less than a year

ProsPro's for "benefits"=it's a job, "personal growth"=learning new tools of the trade, "work-life balance"=work(load) feels a lil over balanced than life.

ConsSome challenges; keeping your head above water. Perks; none, training; slim to none, leadership; don't think about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThough it's easy to fire employee's, please give them the opportunity to receive training from someone with patience & full attention. A trainer without time to show how the co. uniquely runs their business, because he/she is too busy to keep up with their own workload, doesn't give an employee a fair chance to learn the never ending changes each day. Yelling & cussing won't make things better & a hostile work environment only adds to the confusion of how to remember what is taught. If the employee has a set back, tell them what went wrong & to correct it, writing up the error. The less errors written up, the longer an employee can keep their job, means less ads for another open position. Just saying.

Big $ = Big RED FLAG

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time

ProsMoney and nothing more. If you like to be yelled at for a typo or not take a lunch because the owner is having a fit, then this is the place fir you!

ConsRude, crude and Shameful behavior by management and owners. Salaried employees are owned, meaning no overtime will be paid and they will work you until they are darn good and ready. 16 hour shifts are not unheard of. While owners stroll in about 1pm if they bother to come in at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementSweat shops are in 3rd world countries, not USA! All reviews, except the ones the owners post in here are true. Do not take a job here, it is like selling your soul to the devil.

Not good Career choice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Marketing Instincts full-time

ProsIts a paycheck, they will keep you busy.

ConsPay should be alot better for atmosphere and work load

Looking forward to the growth of the company and therefore my management opportunity

Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time for less than a year

ProsI'm really looking forward to the growth I see on the near horizon, we have some great, huge clients with even larger high profile projects we're at the beginning of. So being a sort of newbie here I'm optimistic this will give me the break into management I've been working towards at my previous jobs. Lots of opportunity for new management positions as we continue to grow.

ConsThey have some really strong senior and mid level management here, great at their jobs and it doesn't seem like they're planning on leaving. So until this next growth spurt (on the marketing side of the business, not, for example, accounting which I can't speak to) my only hope is assistant management level. Have to prove myself in the lower rung level. Also, on another note, if you work near the art dept they are very loud. Lots of laughing, joking and some adult language.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a future management training program that interested, motivated staff can participate in. Need a good way for staff to communicate their interest in pursuing the management career path and designating us as such.

fun young company

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time

ProsI've made a lot of friends here, there's a lot of us in our 20's and we have a good time at work. Things get serious and we work hard, but we also joke around and don't take ourselves too seriously
free breakfast on fridays (we take turns bringing it/making it!)
challenging enviroment where you really get to learn
working with big clients you don't usually find in a place like Temecula

Conswe're so busy that sometimes its hard to juggle all of the projects and stay on top of them
it's freezing upstairs way too often, like really freezing

Advice to Senior Managementstop blasting the ac

Worked for Marketing Instincts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marketing Instincts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marketing Instincts CEO Jerri Fratello. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Marketing Instincts employees.