Marketwired

Marketwired Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Marketwired President & CEO James H. Delaney

James H. Delaney

Great potential, but not there yet

ProsThe people who work here are fantastic. Great team atmosphere and support.

ConsLots of intricate details to the job, which must be fully understood before one can presume to know enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep fighting the good fight!

Fast paced company defining social communications, working with big brands and aggressively growing.

Sales (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people, collaborative environment that focus's both on individual and team achievement. There is a good mix of veterans with 5+ years experience and new team members with a fresh perspective. Solutions are good and you get to really help your clients, rather than just serve them. Marketwired has managed to stay a step ahead of the market, and their competitors, which make it easy and fun to add value. Client list is great and the smart people you get the work with aren't just internal, great exposure to early adopters and influencers. Company vision is compelling and achievable. Lot's of room to grow in an evolving market.

ConsSocial Media is driving change across the world of communications, it's no different at Marketwired, as the company sets the stage for it's next wave of growth, many processes and practices need to change. This can be unsettling for some people. While there is plenty of space for influence, if you crave stability, this probably isn't best situation you. At times can be chaotic, however, those that embrace the pace of social evolution, will find the challenge rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and meet your clients, they have a lot to offer. Don't be afraid to be loud and proud!

Awesome company at the forefront of its industry!

ProsI have been here for just about a year and can honestly say I'm very glad I made the move. The company is going through a complete transformation to become a high powered company that is breaking new ground in the industry. The talent is being rehauled - many of the C players are being cycled out and great new talent being brought in. The work is hard but rewarding. If you can't deal with hard work or can't deal with change, then this is not the place for you.

ConsThe company has dramatically improved its talent, structure, and processes over the last year and it's a much better company today. However, this is a lot of change management and for people not willing to deal with change, this is not the right place.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Onwards and Upwards

Sales (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsMarketwired is a company that is at a critical point in it's growth trajectory and for anyone who wants to impact a business and solidify a career in sales, this is the time and place to join; especially in the Chicago office. Pros: Committed Executive Leadership Team that is aligned towards a common goal, Open Access to Senior Leadership, Outstanding Product Mix, Ability to make an impact on an individual level. Ability to be a part of an organization that is changing the traditional wire business and integrating social analytics. This is a truly collaborative culture that rewards performance and everyone is out to help you succeed.

ConsWhen changing an industry, there will always be those who want to stick with the status quo. If you want a job where you can hide out and not be seen, this is not the job for you. However, if you want to truly develop in your career and to be a part of a performance based culture, then this is a great place to be!

Sales Account Executive

SMB Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe company culture, open communication, and the drive for success are the best aspects of Marketwired. The leadership has set us up for success and given specific career paths for success!

ConsI would appreciate it if Marketwired matched the 401K for US associates!

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe Marketwired should match the 401K for US associates. The improvement in open lines are communication have been a great improvement, but I still think the compensation plans could be better.

Great experience overall

Sales (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsGreat people across the board. Coworkers were smart, easy to work with and eager to lend a helping hand. I have had some great managers that taught me invaluable career building skills. Sysomos has great brand recognition and many top fortune 100 clients. Social listening products have been historically best of breed. Hard work is rewarded. Great experience overall.

ConsSlow product updates and adaption to fast moving market.

Do Not Waste Your Life Here

Editor (Current Employee)

ProsNone, none, none, none, none

ConsYou get paid in garbage, there's no HR support, there's no matching 401(k), there's ZERO SUPPORT from management, zero development, zero upward mobility. I've been so unhappy here I could cry. Even though I try so hard to make this place bearable, to have a positive attitude & contribute in making it better, the support doesn't exist up above to make these changes happen. I've been promised things many times since I started here, and they all collapsed. That is because the infrastructure for a successful organization simply doesn't exist. Markedwired is a house of cards. Nobody cares about "the little guy," and it's a revolving door.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop dropping the ball. Treat your employees like they matter, not as if they're totally expendable.

Think twice before you come aboard a sinking ship.

Sales (Former Employee)

Pros1. Some great mid to lower level employees that are smart and work hard.
    2. Lots of good laughs because the "software company" you work for can't seem to figure out how to launch a product. It becomes comical.
    3. Management uses really nifty industry buzz words.

Cons1. The company has been going through an identity crisis for a number of years. It doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up. Unfortunately, the employees are paying the price.

2. It's a revolving door of employees. Management has a reputation for continually moving the "goal posts" on their people.

3. Management all wear tall hats, but have no cattle.

Advice to Senior ManagementA gauge of good leadership is the strength of your followers, not how quickly you can drive your followers out the door.

The For Sale Sign Is Up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey try hard to be a innovative software (Saas) company.

Conspoisonous negative employee moral, untrustworthy executive team, corporate branding identity crises, huge mistakes in product investments and time to market, inability to execute properly on internal re-organization

Advice to Senior ManagementStart making better, ethical decisions in terms of compensation and business motives. It's no secret to employees that the company is for sale due to lack of revenue growth and dying business model

Troubled place to work Any reviews that say this is a great place to work are coming directly from HR

Client Relations (Current Employee)

ProsSome of the people in my office are great, fun and intelligent people.

ConsMost people at this company are incredibly dumb and lazy - upper management leading the way. Onward and upward as they like to put it - yet every decision they make takes us 2 steps back.

The benefits are an absolute joke, no matching 401k, terrible vacation policy, and they will not adjust your salary if you move to a more expensive city (for work.)

HR is a total hack job, they are all buddy-buddy with upper management and work with them to cover up all their backstabbing ways.

I would never recommend anyone to work here - seriously, unless you are absolutely desperate don't apply or take a job with this company.

Cheap cheap and cheap - that is the best word to describe this company.

In order to make any sales you have to either 1) be dumb and naive enough to buy into the "products" we are selling - most of which are broken or 2) be ok with lying and deceiving clients to get their money.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you are going to do, don't change your minds every quarter on the direction of the company. Invest in the current employees - you treat 90% of us like garbage. Invest in your technologies, you are a technology company but can't a semi-reliable build a platform for clients to work off of.

Worked for Marketwired? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marketwired reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marketwired CEO James H. Delaney. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Marketwired employees.