Marketwired Reviews

Reset
2.7
Marketwired CEO Adnan Ahmed
Adnan Ahmed

Pros
  • Some great people with whom to work; casual dress code (in 6 reviews)

• If you can't deal with hard work or can't deal with change, then this is not the place for you (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The number one problem I would say, is that senior management does not have a clue as to how to properly manage their people (in 5 reviews)

• No matching 401K for US employees, but matching 401K for Canadian employees (in 4 reviews)

1. Not such a bad place

Former Employee - Senior Editor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Editor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Marketwired full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Immediate supervisor was great and helpful. The editors here are some of the brightest, hard working people you'll find.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with what editorial does for the company. There's not much room for growth.

2. Great opportunities

I have been working at Marketwired full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pool of knowledge to tap from. Great benefits

Cons

Not enough opportunities for growth, however the company is improving with the new leadership that's in place now

Garbage Pay/ Garbage Benefits/ Garbage Leadership/ Garbage Growth

I have been working at Marketwired full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I leave the door.

Cons

Everything! From the low pay to the joke benefits, I have lost all hope for this company and I am looking elsewhere as we speak. There is no light at the end of the tunnel they keep promising, I don't trust upper management and morale is low. With 20 people leaving our department alone. Also some of the co-workers, not all, some are the biggest sycophants I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

It doesn't take a person to go to the London School of Economics to figure out that editorial is in the worst state it has been. Where everyone is leaving the door and morale at a all-time low. We are constantly told that help is coming and we will get the wage and benefits we deserve. C-levelers have no clue what we do and see us as expendable. With that being said I am looking vehemently elsewhere.

5. Entry Level - Growing Company

I have been working at Marketwired full-time

Pros

people - location - salary

Cons

no training - micromanagement - flawed comp plans - always changing

Great people, very mundane work experience, biased supervisors.

Current Employee - Editor in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Marketwired part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people will probably always be the only good thing about Marketwired. There is a group of wonderful, smart, capable editors that are doing the day-to-day work. Everyone is very nice. Office culture is pretty laid back and casual. Lunch is provided on occasion.

Cons

Senior management seems extremely out of touch and there is a huge amount of client issues that plague the editorial department. People get to walk all over the editors and supervisors simply dissent to them. Leadership operates on a favorites-only basis. The corporate memos and messages seem super unorganized. There is a huge disparity between certain editorial staffs' work output.

Advice to Management

Management should consider the voices of the editorial department more so than the supervisors. Supervisors are basically glorified babysitters. Certain employees pull far more weight than others.

HR adds fake posts to boost themselves - Don't be fooled!

Current Employee - Senior Editor
    Current Employee - Senior Editor

I have been working at Marketwired full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it's a job, and the economy is rough. Once in a while they'll get pizza for the group and pay for the whole thing too!

Cons

Pay is way less than industry standard, benefits are limited. No advancement potential unless you're a teacher's pet.

Advice to Management

Hire people with industry experience that are actual leaders, not personal friends you want to hang out with who just call themselves leaders because they have a title.

Great potential, but not there yet

I have been working at Marketwired full-time

Pros

The people who work here are fantastic. Great team atmosphere and support.

Cons

Lots of intricate details to the job, which must be fully understood before one can presume to know enough.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight!

9. Fast paced company defining social communications, working with big brands and aggressively growing.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marketwired full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, collaborative environment that focus's both on individual and team achievement. There is a good mix of veterans with 5+ years experience and new team members with a fresh perspective. Solutions are good and you get to really help your clients, rather than just serve them. Marketwired has managed to stay a step ahead of the market, and their competitors, which make it easy and fun to add value. Client list is great and the smart people you get the work with aren't just internal, great exposure to early adopters and influencers. Company vision is compelling and achievable. Lot's of room to grow in an evolving market.

Cons

Social Media is driving change across the world of communications, it's no different at Marketwired, as the company sets the stage for it's next wave of growth, many processes and practices need to change. This can be unsettling for some people. While there is plenty of space for influence, if you crave stability, this probably isn't best situation you. At times can be chaotic, however, those that embrace the pace of social evolution, will find the challenge rewarding.

Advice to Management

Get out and meet your clients, they have a lot to offer. Don't be afraid to be loud and proud!

10. Awesome company at the forefront of its industry!

I have been working at Marketwired full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here for just about a year and can honestly say I'm very glad I made the move. The company is going through a complete transformation to become a high powered company that is breaking new ground in the industry. The talent is being rehauled - many of the C players are being cycled out and great new talent being brought in. The work is hard but rewarding. If you can't deal with hard work or can't deal with change, then this is not the place for you.

Cons

The company has dramatically improved its talent, structure, and processes over the last year and it's a much better company today. However, this is a lot of change management and for people not willing to deal with change, this is not the right place.

11. Onwards and Upwards

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marketwired full-time

Pros

Marketwired is a company that is at a critical point in it's growth trajectory and for anyone who wants to impact a business and solidify a career in sales, this is the time and place to join; especially in the Chicago office. Pros: Committed Executive Leadership Team that is aligned towards a common goal, Open Access to Senior Leadership, Outstanding Product Mix, Ability to make an impact on an individual level. Ability to be a part of an organization that is changing the traditional wire business and integrating social analytics. This is a truly collaborative culture that rewards performance and everyone is out to help you succeed.

Cons

When changing an industry, there will always be those who want to stick with the status quo. If you want a job where you can hide out and not be seen, this is not the job for you. However, if you want to truly develop in your career and to be a part of a performance based culture, then this is a great place to be!

RSS Feed </> Embed