Marks Paneth

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Levenfus

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place to work and get experience

Supervisor In Nonprofit Industry Group (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMPS is a good place to get experience and learn. They believe in giving you the training in many areas that will assist in your success.

ConsThe firm is very departmentalized.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more cross experience for staff and management.

Slighly underwhelmed

Accounting Intern (Former Employee) Woodbury, NY

ProsGood Pay rates offered, even as an intern
    Professional environment to become accustomed to corporate office atmosphere
    Room for promotions to grow your responsibilities and skills

ConsNo real formal training sessions or meetings for expected job duties and tasks
    Too much clerical work and not enough focus on actual accounting

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more value and attention to early grooming of both new hires & interns

It depends which team you are in

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Great learning experience
    - No long hours like Big 4
    - Interactive & friendly co-workers

Cons- Not too many "perks"
    - Salary is low

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to utilize interns.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good experience

Semi-Senior (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsChallenging, friendly environment, people know your name, company pays for the overtime

ConsPromotions - it takes to long to get promoted and they have to many levels, Salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees based on what they contribute.

I had an awesome intern experience in their NYC Non-Profit group!

Non-Profit Audit Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI have had multiple internships and have never received more knowledge and experience in my field. I learned so much while interning for the group. Everyone was very open to helping me learn and answered any questions that I had.

ConsThere was no downside to working with this company. Everyone was great. The reason why I left was because they did not have the industry/department that I was interested in. Other than that, the non-profit group was an amazing experience that I am very grateful for.

Those not at the executive level should look elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLess micro management than some. Great location. Power structure defined by individuals, rather than a set protocol to go through

ConsVariability in amounts of work and time commitment. Head down work culture. Benefits are minimal. Hierarchy is essentially credentialism and tenure.

Great People in Non Profit

Semi-Senior (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork-Life balance can be managed well at this firm, employees are generally happy and easy to work with - generally.

ConsNot as many "perks" as there used to be, salary is on the low end, partners do not interact very much below the senior level.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude lower level staff in reviewing upper level management

44% turnover in nonprofit sector.

Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood quick experience. Not much work or to learn.

ConsBad culture, Will fire most of staff (about 44%) after May 15th busy season. They hire staff again in September to save money.

Decent...

Audit Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsA solid internship- more of a tryout period to see how you function in an office environment. Definitely some of the best growth potential I've seen in an internship. Good pay as well.

ConsMajority of the work was administrative, not much real accounting experience. I didn't really feel like I was making much of a difference and it was not stimulating in the slightest.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job ensuring that the interns have real work, and enough of it. More client tag-alongs would be a big improvement, as only some interns had that opportunity. Also, the intern seminars were not very useful.

OK to start out your career

Audit Senior (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly staff, overtime for seniors and below, work/life balance

ConsBenefits package could be better (no 401k matching), promotions tend to only happen when somebody leave the firm, no feeling of "one firm" (it could feel like you're just sharing rent with ppl outside your dept), base pay is avg but overtime can make up for it if you put in the extra hours

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your strongest players and compensate them accordingly

Worked for Marks Paneth? Contribute to the Community!