Marlabs Reviews

Updated August 25, 2015
24 reviews filtered by
  • Bangalore, India Area (India)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
2.1
Marlabs CEO Siby Vadakekkara
Siby Vadakekkara

Pros
  • work life balance - company always allows me to take care of personal life and be successful at my work (in 5 reviews)

• Good work environment, No work pressure (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst HR ,DO NOT WORK with this ximpany (in 3 reviews)

• weak sales and placement team and better off finding your own project (in 2 reviews)

1. Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Marlabs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked under a manager who supported and gave me a free hand to handle the project, returned a escalation or issue less year.

Cons

No vision from the Company Chairman & CEO. One of them forwards junk emails to his employees. No Thoughts around cost control. Though the company is low on revenue Senior management believes on lavish spending, regardless of they being productive or non productive. A team of 15 - 20 has a General Manager & a director, I have managed a much larger team for lesser designation. Again - No Cost Control Family members are hired, who probably dont move a pen for couple of years, but are paid well. When Bangalore is not fully utilized, we end up spending on sites at Mysore & Cochin. Employees and Maintenance staff turn up drunk to work or better consume alcohol in the office premises. Other support functions are pretty much useless, just for namesake, no actions on any issues reported. And raise their angry tails when any feedback or improvement ideas are shared. My Managing Director couldnt put up a decent presentation in front of a client. Can go on. But this is enough for now.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees engaged in the Company activities, let them know if the Company is doing good and what their focus should be for every year. Communicate company goals to all employees so they know what they should do. Don't hire family members, and members from a specific community, It was more of one community against any others when I was there. Key positions filled in by Malayalees pretty much meant the rest cannot thrive in that set up. Have worked in bigger and better companies and am sharing the best practice on employee engagement and how the management was there and how we always looked upto them.

worst experience , no job security

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Good Package , nothing good to write more

Cons

nothing good to write about this company

3. Good Company to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Marlabs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible timing - Good leave policy, and it matters for work-life balance. - Senior management is good and cooperative - Job is Secure

Cons

- I did not found any cons

5. Fed up in Marlabs

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Marlabs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1.Time balance 2.Time balance 3.Time balance 4.Time balance 5.Time balance

Cons

1.Less salary 2.All Managers are educated fools. 3. No proper relation between employees and higher management

Advice to Management

Please recruit profeesionals as Project Managers.

6. A Growing Organization with Excellent work environment, good treatment to employees

Current Employee - Trainee Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Trainee Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Marlabs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

# Growing Organization # Good HR Department # Good Work Environment # Good Treatment to Employees

Cons

I am just a starter in Marlabs, I didn't find any Cons yet. I currently I am in an excellent place.

Never trust these people and these people words

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Marlabs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are not keeping their words.

Cons

They are not keeping their words.

Advice to Management

Just they are hiring the people saying you are permanent employee to their Marlabs company Banglore and they are signing a contract with any company once their contract is finished they are saying you need to send a resignation mail so that you can go out of the company immediately.

8. Great Company to Work For!!!!

Current Employee - Manager - Infrastructure Services in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Manager - Infrastructure Services in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Marlabs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-New technologies to work on -Great mentors in the company to give a proper guidance in career progression -Very flexible work hours :) -Great Work Culture , you are in charge of what you are doing and feel appreciated -Feels awesome to work with a talented team -You get ample opportunity to enhance your skills as you work -Small Company, everyone knows each other, reach out to people for help, work in

Cons

Focus on managing cost of operations in all aspects. Not many negative aspects to highlight.

Advice to Management

Focus on managing cost of operations in all aspects

9. Worset than worest Company i have ever worked

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Marlabs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no Pros ... Because i worked at client place the people in HR department worst than worst they never ever care for the employee who is working client place. They will create the Leave policies instantly and cheat the employees with loss of pay kind of things...

Cons

I didn't ever notice one good thing about the MARLABS.. all are cheating people.. Never ever take any offer from MARLABS.... cheating and worest company ...... Please don't believe the people from recruitment department and HR department. worest people and cheating people . They used to mentioned in payslip 31days and used to give 15 days salary . Their policy is cheating the employee who is working at client place..

Advice to Management

As being the manager need to think about the who is working under. Management people seems they are mad people.....................................

10. Good place to work

Current Employee - Support Function in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Support Function in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Marlabs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work independence - no one breathes on shoulders to get the work done work life balance - company always allows me to take care of personal life and be successful at my work open door policy - company encourages open door policy

Cons

There are no bothering cons about Marlabs.

11. My long innings in Marlabs

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Marlabs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere Freedom to express our views Good hikes in the last 7 years which never happened in earlier career Good learning experience

Cons

I dont see much growth here at senior levels

Advice to Management

Hire the right talent which can take the company to greater heights

RSS Feed </> Embed