Marlow's Tavern

Add Photos

John C. Metz

Server

Server (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome management and team. Love them.

ConsManagement stay on the same page.

Very poor Managing, from what I heard they fired the managing staff there shortly after I left.

Server (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGood food, easy money, fun co-workers

Consbad managing, no organization, no accountability

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is new management there so I hope he took something resembling a management course

Easy place with the potential to make great money!

Server (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsCustomers, Environment, Discounts, Potential to make quick cash

ConsManagement, "tennis ladies", drug/alcohol environment among managers and co-workers

Advice to Senior ManagementFind people who are actually qualified, rather than alcoholics or rehab addicts!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed my time at Marlows, it just was not for me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best reason to work at Marlows is because you get to meet some amazing people; customers and employees, and the customers tip well.

ConsI really did not like how they singled out new people and put a lot of stuff on the new people and overwhelmed them when they already knew they were going to feel that way.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I would give to management would be do not allow multiple managers/employees to go on vacation at the same time.

if you are a brownnoser, this is the place for you

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdecent pay, gen manager was a decent guy

Consthe rest of the management

Advice to Senior Managementdon't promote people that dont deserve it just because they know how to kiss your ass.

Great company that is growing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat concept, food & beverage is good to great, service and hospitality among the best in casual dining. Management is experienced, guest and employee focused, quality minded and intent on providing a great guset experience.

ConsSystems and practices have not kept up with the growth of the business; somewhat inconsistent in the execution of the concept.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on consistent, high level execution every day; don't read your press clippings.

Relaxed and Professional

Server (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMarlow's Tavern features a variety of excellently crafted items from appetizers to cocktails. The food is great and as a server, I've found it much easier to sell guests items that I'm confident they will enjoy. We are taught to serve tables with same professional standards as fine dining to ensure excellent service, but the environment is casual and relaxed so we can let our personalities shine through when speaking with our tables, rather than acting like robots.

ConsOur restaurant lacks a hostess, therefore there is no regulation in the way guests are seated. It often allows for multiple tables to be seated in the same section all at once which doesn't give the server enough time to properly implement the points of service to ensure a great experience for the guest.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire a hostess.

Worked for Marlow's Tavern? Contribute to the Community!