Marquee Cinemas

Be The First To
Add Photos

Curtis E. McCall

Good for what it is

ProsFlexible hours if your general manager is willing to bend a little

ConsPay is not good and there are absolutely no chances of a raise. Hours get cut if they don't want to offer you healthcare.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Little structure on management level.

ProsFree movies, discounted concession, flexible schedule.

ConsNo chance to move up or even get a raise. Start off at minimum wage and stay there. Unprofessional management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring management that takes there job and role seriously and professionally would be the number 1 tip i would give. Number 2 would be to reward employees who have actually performed there job correctly and discipline the ones that don't.

Good place to have a job for a college student but mangers fail to keep public and employees happy

ProsFree movies and discounts on most concession item, flexible with employees' school life

ConsHaving more days off then "on the clock", extremely strict dress code

Advice to Senior ManagementGet managers in theaters that actually do their jobs and not complain and threaten workers who are doing their jobs and more...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't brother

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) New Hartford, NY

Prosfree movies, discount on some concessions

ConsLow pay, management, late hours

Great place, low pay though.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Morganton, NC

ProsRelatively simple job. Great people to work with. Good communications skills gained. Getting to work with movies was a life long dream and a challenge.

ConsLong, sometimes inconvenient hours. Pay started low and no real opportunities for raises as an employee. Have to work holidays occasionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raises based on amount of time worked at the theater.

Very unorganized, management does not care about the employees.

Floor Staff (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

Pros- Work is easy
    - Coworkers are nice and fun to work with
    - Free movies

Cons- Low pay, no raises unless promoted to management
    - No real benefits
    - Management, Management, Management.
    - They don't care about the employees
    - Very unorganized
    - Minimal communication with each other and regular employees
    - If you need an easy summer job or you're still in high school, then it isn't a bad job

Advice to Senior ManagementStep up and pay attention to the other employees. Communicate with the employees. If they are doing a bad job, let them know. Don't expect them to just figure it out by lowering their hours. Personally pull them aside and let them know. Communication was the worst while working there. Fix it. The job is fun, easy, and overall great. Management is the biggest problem, and sadly, that means a lot to the employees.

OK

Prosfree movies and free food

Consmanagement, pay and long hours

Not worth it, unless you really love movies.

Concessions/Tickets (Former Employee)

Pros- Free movies
    - They work around your schedule better than a lot of places
    - (Some) free concessions
    - A lot of downtime

Cons- Nothing but micro management.
    - No pay incentives to work (raises don't exist, unless you become a manager).
    - Nepotism is the only way to get a job or move up in the company.
    - Management lies to employees and each other all the time (senior and junior).
    - Most mangers are not competent for the positions they hold.
    - If you are sick, you as the employee are responsible for finding your replacement, management is largely lazy.
    - They stalk you: People have been fired for complaining about work or anything on Facebook, even if they weren't "friends" with management. Probably why no one else has reviewed this place.
    - They have the most asinine way of doing inventory I have ever seen in my life.
    - Everyone drops their kids off, you are basically a babysitter.
    - Management complains about employees, and refuses to acknowledge that a fish stinks from the head down (in other words, problems with employees result from problems within management).

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is the most poorly run company I have ever seen. My time spent working here was the absolute most unpleasant time I have spent anywhere. I tried to be as honest as possible, but I couldn't think of anything else positive to say about the job. Take some management classes and learn how to run a company.

Worked for Marquee Cinemas? Contribute to the Community!