Marriott

Updated Dec 31, 2013

Marriott President & CEO Arne Sorenson

Arne Sorenson

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great for your vacation....if you get one!

Event Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Marriott

ProsGrowth Opportunities are endless and Travel Benefits for discounted hotel rates are wonderful.

ConsHotels are open 24 hours and so 40 works do not apply. More toward the 60-65 hours per week for managment. This is because the hourly paid staff un severly underpaid and never allowed overtime due to budgeting. Bonus structures were never clear. They were almost "guaranteed" when negotiating my salary. I never received even one in full in all 5 years I was with the company. Even when my individual goal was exceeded by 200% my group goal and training hours brought me down.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher salaries to be more competative at qualified personel. Work on less turnover and more qualified hourly staff. Allow some overtime or inscentives to keep staff motivated. The once a quarter cheesy staff party doesn't cut it.

Marriott is a good place to work as long as you never get too close to management.

Coffee Attendant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of great coworkers, pays weekly

ConsManagement team cares only about management team.

Can be an okay place

Front Office Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are able to start in a management in training program with a corporate owned Marriott, you should do well. Stay away from franchise owned property management programs.

ConsYour success is at the grace of the local market trend. At times it can be robust, at times depressing. There tends to not be much attrition on upper level management.

Marriott is a great place if you can work 15 hour days.

Director of Event Planning and Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Marriott

Prosa name that everyone knows. a name that means quality. Anyone that sees that name on a resume will be impressed.

Conscrazy hours and crazier customers. Very demanding work schedule. Always on call.

Advice to Senior Managementeducate the workforce. look for the long term, not just short. Make more promotions from within. Make more visible roles for minorities

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings in Fort Lauderdale, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.