Marriott Reviews in Palm Desert, CA

3.7
1,289 Reviews

Marriott President & CEO Arne Sorenson
Arne Sorenson

Pros
  • Marriott really focuses on a good work-life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits such as steeply discounted hotel rooms when traveling (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance went away with the re-organization of the sales department (in 38 reviews)

• Some times the demands to work long hours proves to be a burden to associates family members (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sending Invoices, Accounts Payable, and General Entries

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Palm Desert, CA

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible with schedule for family events, etc..

Cons

Wages, advancement placement is not exciting

Advancement is important and should be to senior management.

Prejudice Supervisor, Unaccountable Management , Insufficient Time for workload, don't care about employees

Current Employee - Housekeeper, JW Desert Springs Marriott  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Current Employee - Housekeeper, JW Desert Springs Marriott in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a nice hotel to work at,
    mostly nice staff, great benefits, excellent customer service, good safety standards, free lunch

Cons

Prejudice supervisor who made it unbearable for me to get into learning my position, catty co-workers, insufficient time for workload, confusion , careless management, unaccountability, poor communication . I was also unable to switch to a position that better fit my skills.

Do not allow for prejudice people to manage oncoming staff and expect them to learn their jobs under stress from demeaning superiors. The work load was impossible for the allotted time to finish in a timely matter . Also no sense of unity amongst employees or staff which made for occasions of confusion and poor communication. Get rid of the employee hotline its pointless and unacceptable. Higher fair and competent supervisors to train and manage staff.

It was a good learning experience. Good market research.

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Current Employee - Bartender in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits. Ability to transfer to any job or company location in the world.

Cons

Very large company, so chain of command is counterproductive and redundant in key area's.

Better communication among staff of every level...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The JW Marriott is a nice place to work, but of course has its downsides.

Current Employee - SPA Concierge  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Current Employee - SPA Concierge in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Good Benefits, transferring with the company easy, good about requesting time off (Flexable scheduling), paid weekly, great hotel and vacation discounts.

Cons

Pay is terrible compared to competing resorts, communication is lacking, constant disorganization, incompetent management, no consistency, favoritism, too much gossip, associates talking down to others, dicipline principles don't apply to certain other associates, protocols do not get executed properly amongst others.

Managers should know how to work our SPA system, consistency would help make work a better place. Favoritism to other associtates will cause a high turnover rate for those who work their butts off, but still get lectured and diciplined. If you have rules, they should apply to EVERYONE.

The employee cafeteria needs to serve better, edible food. I have gotten food poisoning 3 times. It is not acceptable to serve employees terrible food. JW marriott prides themselves in in treating associates as guests, yet it would not be acceptable to serve your guests the "FOOD" you serve us.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!