Marriott

Marriott Reviews in Palm Desert, CA

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Marriott President & CEO Arne Sorenson

Arne Sorenson

Pros
  • Marriott really focuses on a good work-life balance(in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits such as steeply discounted hotel rooms when traveling(in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance went away with the re-organization of the sales department(in 38 reviews)

• Some times the demands to work long hours proves to be a burden to associates family members(in 63 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sending Invoices, Accounts Payable, and General Entries

Accountant (Former Employee) Palm Desert, CA

ProsFlexible with schedule for family events, etc..

ConsWages, advancement placement is not exciting

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvancement is important and should be to senior management.

Prejudice Supervisor, Unaccountable Management , Insufficient Time for workload, don't care about employees

Housekeeper, JW Desert Springs Marriott (Current Employee) Palm Desert, CA

ProsIts a nice hotel to work at,
    mostly nice staff, great benefits, excellent customer service, good safety standards, free lunch

ConsPrejudice supervisor who made it unbearable for me to get into learning my position, catty co-workers, insufficient time for workload, confusion , careless management, unaccountability, poor communication . I was also unable to switch to a position that better fit my skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not allow for prejudice people to manage oncoming staff and expect them to learn their jobs under stress from demeaning superiors. The work load was impossible for the allotted time to finish in a timely matter . Also no sense of unity amongst employees or staff which made for occasions of confusion and poor communication. Get rid of the employee hotline its pointless and unacceptable. Higher fair and competent supervisors to train and manage staff.

It was a good learning experience. Good market research.

Bartender (Current Employee) Palm Desert, CA

ProsGreat benefits. Ability to transfer to any job or company location in the world.

ConsVery large company, so chain of command is counterproductive and redundant in key area's.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication among staff of every level...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The JW Marriott is a nice place to work, but of course has its downsides.

SPA Concierge (Current Employee) Palm Desert, CA

ProsGood Benefits, transferring with the company easy, good about requesting time off (Flexable scheduling), paid weekly, great hotel and vacation discounts.

ConsPay is terrible compared to competing resorts, communication is lacking, constant disorganization, incompetent management, no consistency, favoritism, too much gossip, associates talking down to others, dicipline principles don't apply to certain other associates, protocols do not get executed properly amongst others.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should know how to work our SPA system, consistency would help make work a better place. Favoritism to other associtates will cause a high turnover rate for those who work their butts off, but still get lectured and diciplined. If you have rules, they should apply to EVERYONE.

The employee cafeteria needs to serve better, edible food. I have gotten food poisoning 3 times. It is not acceptable to serve employees terrible food. JW marriott prides themselves in in treating associates as guests, yet it would not be acceptable to serve your guests the "FOOD" you serve us.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!