Marsh

usa.marsh.com

Marsh Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Peter Zaffino

Pros
  • Very good for work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Good benefits, colleagues and collaboration across departments(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was changed without warning and layoffs came out of the blue(in 6 reviews)

• You are just a number - if someone leaves company, common to hear 'the Marsh juggernaut carries on'(in 3 reviews)

Was primarily an excellent experience, but company is changing how it does business.

ProsGreat colleagues and clients who are true experts in their field and an honor to work with.

ConsWork/life balance is lacking. Morale is being affected.

Great people; lackluster pay

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI think the people at Marsh are great. It's generally a good environment where people work hard but have a sense of humor and are socially fun.

ConsThe salaries seem average at best. Definitely not known to be high payers. Try to get in at a high salary because even the merit raises are weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your top rated employees better pay. The recognition in this area is poor.

Solid Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosit was a great learning experience

Consthey do not pay for performance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Many fine, talented people that are frustrated by lack of leadership

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsResources, talent, bench strength, market leverage, collaborative

ConsToo many initiatives that never get completed. Basic accounting, invoicing and reporting is below par

Gun shy

Managing Director (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, good people to work with.

ConsConstant change, ever shifting priorities, lack of transparency from Leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange for the sake of change is not good. New hires with three year commitments do not benefit the long term health of the firm.

Terrible and you will feel like you're accomplishing nothing daily

ProsThere really are none, discounted food? If you get lucky, your manager may actually want to train you. Good de minimis fringes

ConsCompany does nothing right, low pay and no responsibility, oftentimes you will find employees just sitting around chatting doing nothing because they have nothing to do

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to trust and compensate your employees, stop making managers managers because they know the CEO

fair place to work

Prosbenefits time off hours

Conschange of leadership regularly.

In the beginning of my career at Marsh - Enjoyable job and nice people at Marsh.

Client Representative II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Benefits and pay. Many holidays. Working with large accounts and good people.

ConsPoor Management and lots of favoritism. You are a just a number at Marsh as no job security. They lay off good employees and keep others for no good reason. I worked hard and received great reviews and praise but got laid off with other people. I thought my job was secure and was shocked about getting the axe.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your most valuable asset - Your employees.

Corrupted by outsourcing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork Day start at 10 ends at 5

ConsBusiness side outstanding.
    Company IT outsource all development and support.
    Outsourcing fail on epic scale.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit or clean the house

Lots of Hands in the Cookie Jar, but Comfy

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMy first real job out of school, was working as a desktop publisher for Marsh in Washington, DC. Temped for over a year waiting on a promise of full-tire hiring, and eventually got to define my position, and grew into a Graphic Designer. An excellent boost for my resume. I loved the atmosphere of the huge company (so many names and faces to learn), the luxury break rooms and the fancy lobby.

I also enjoyed having a lot of down time with which to mess around on the internet and still get paid!

ConsPriorities were constantly back and forth as there are so many folks in management that tend to clash. My department completely dissolved a few months after I left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on honing a global mission that includes a more cohesive structure concerning internal support teams.

Worked for Marsh? Contribute to the Community!