Marsh & McLennan Companies Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. IT Manager

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay

Cons

MGTI management style is demand and control.does not empower team members. Slow to new innovations and technology.

2. Excellent Work Environment

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in New York, NY

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time

Pros

Great people, comprehensive benefits package, pension plan, decent vacation and personal days allowance, nice cafeteria

Cons

Senior management in the group was very overpaid for their skill level and ability to manage. Luckily, most of the dead weight in the upper ranks was let go shortly after I left. I hear positive things from colleagues who are still there.

Advice to Management

HR at the company needs to be way more progressive. I would advise doing more benchmarking with HR departments in top companies and implementing best practices.

Toxic

Current Employee - Associate in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Associate in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time

Pros

It's a paycheck and while they do mass layoffs every year, it's difficult to get fired.

Cons

Everything. The culture is void of individualism, critical thinking, sense of accomplishment, unity, comradery, pride ... Lower to mid management micromanages the tiny picture and tries to squeeze water from a stone.

Advice to Management

Take your own advice and 'reward top talent'. My raise last year was 0.9% and health care costs went up.

Frustrating Place to work

Current Employee - Client Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Client Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice new office and equipment. Regular to good benefits.

Cons

Most employees are like robots that agree with all that management says and talk bad behind their backs after they agreed with their ideas

Advice to Management

Very difficult. You have to have popularity with management.

Great corporation and people

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All of the people were professional and driven to give the best service to their clients. The benefits were very good at the time and I would welcome an opportunity to work there again.

Cons

Sometimes I do not enjoy the corporate "games" with competing offices and direction. Also, I traveled a great deal and although stayed at the best hotels, missed my family.

Advice to Management

Keep in touch with employees and their families. Working hard is a given when working for the top brokerage in the U.S.. Staying flexible for family life is imperative. Keep happy!

7. IT Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies (More than a year)

Pros

A good corporation to work at

Cons

Work-life balance is often not appropriate

Advice to Management

Work with staff in a less pressure-cooked manner

8. Great company to work for! They work you hard but the people you work with make it worthwhile they strive for success

Pros

Pay, Benefits, People, Corporate Social Responsibility, Diverse

Cons

Long Hours, Old School

Survival of the Fittest and the Lucky

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Knowledgeable colleagues who know their stuff - Many opportunities to grow skills/learn - Challenging and varied assignments - Flexible working environment and often the ability to work remotely. -They have treated me well enough over the years that I have lasted 13 years so far.

Cons

- Luck of draw effect...some of the Pros depend on where you end up and who you work for - Workload can sometimes be overwhelming - Some of those knowledgeable colleagues are kind of hard to work for. - Performance Ratings system is a joke...rigged game designed to reward a select few. - If you're an expert and you deliver great work, it doesn't matter, you're still a second class citizen compared to the colleague that made sales. -Company is run by bean counters who panic on a monthly basis about financials and demand billable hours forecasts from all Associates. -Career growth is difficult if you don't want to sell. Many people make it to Principal and then turtle up....doing the minimum to make their sales and revenue targets - 13 years here, but the trend to me seems generally negative. Salary, benefits, Bonus, and continued career growth, all seem uncertain

Advice to Management

Value the work first. Invest in the best people doing the best work and the clients will come

You work extremely hard on frustrating work and do not get compensated fairly.

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst I in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst I in Norwood, MA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are nice, there is a cafeteria on site, plenty of parking, you can learn a lot since you have a lot of responsibilities. Good resume builder.

Cons

Over worked, under compensated, senior leaders are cliquey. Systems are so old. Very high expectations that don't get rewarded for.

Advice to Management

If you want to attract and retain the best talent, the $ needs to be there. Everyone is trying to leave right now.

11. very fair

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President

Pros

allows you to follow your own initiative

Cons

can be slow for approvals

Advice to Management

work to maintain existing employees

RSS Feed </> Embed