Martin Agency

www.martinagency.com

Martin Agency Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Martin Agency – Richmond – “The Martin agency”

Matt Williams

Great place to work for young professionals

Project Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsFlexible working conditions
    Passionate and creative people
    Generous benefits

ConsHard to move up quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed financial incentives to keep good people
    Needs better communications among different departments
    Needs better training for various positions

Great work with few drawbacks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsMartin is a company steeped in the southern way of doing things. This sometimes comes out good, and sometimes bad. Good, in the sense that everyone wants to help you succeed. They (as a company) want to succeed, and prove that they're a big player. And with their clientele, it's hard to argue.

ConsSouthern charm backfires when many employees get off at 6pm, no questions asked. Work-life balance is important, but creating great work sometimes means staying a bit later.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush teams harder to create the best work possible. Sometimes work gets caught in the wheelhouse and comes out less exciting.

Art Director + Designer - brand experience strategist-

Creative Director (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsCreative, thinker, salesman, strategist, pro-active

ConsGets emotional about ideas in the middle of the night,

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been in the Advertisement Industry for 13 years from a Brand Experience Strategist and then as a Art Director after I got my Master Degree in Graphic Design.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of a Kind

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe foundation of The Martin Agency was built by amazing and talented people. The culture of good and tough comes through in their work ethic and how they treat their employees. The tough is always constructive.

ConsAdvancement takes a very long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to find new ways of doing business. The old standby isn't going to work much longer. Recognize and reward different employees (not just the same ones over and over).

Fantastic place to work.

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsI really appreciate how passionate everyone was about their work. Our project mentors were there to help us and offer keen advice when we needed it. One of the most fun internship experiences in my early career.

ConsA few times the project felt misguided, like project managers were keeping us in the dark about the broader problem we were trying to solve. Our intern team needed more specific guidelines to deliver the results management wanted.

Great Internship Program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement is friendly and invested in your progress. People are easy to work-- the company encourages an open-door policy. Work on great clients. Lots of creative ideas flowing.

ConsAgency does not hire many interns, so the opportunities to work with the company can be few and far between.

Database Architect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun, interesting, great people, challenging work.

ConsDifficult to advance career, job insecurity in a down market.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up thr good work!

Familial, supportive skys-the-limit atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosopen collaborative atmosphere, great parties! respect for work/life balance, good leadership, innovative thinking

ConsRichmond can be a drag if you're single and from a bigger market. Bureaucracy. Slow adaptation. Some ambiguity about the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more feedback from junior and mid-level employees; encourage skepticism; be bolder, faster and more nimble

Talented colleagues, great resources, amazing upper management support

Strategic Planner (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsBeautiful creative space, talented people, big name clients

ConsThe agency is so big that it sometimes feels like you're just part of a conveyer belt system. Salaries are low.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, pay your employees more

Very disorganized. Stuck in the old world of advertising.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe office is cool. Richmond can be fun and there are a lot of young people working there so the environment can be good for meeting people, going out, etc.

ConsVery top/down. They don't listen to ideas unless you a VP and above. Very inefficient, lots of crossover in jobs so often different departments fight instead of collaborate. Good if you are interested in print or broadcast not a good place to go if you are interested in digital advertising as they are way behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some new blood.

Worked for Martin Agency? Contribute to the Community!