Mary Washington Healthcare

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
2.3

Fred M. Rankin, III

Great company providing care to our community.

I have been working at Mary Washington Healthcare

Pros

Get to help provide a great service to our community.

Cons

Healthcare is a hard industry to be in right now; lots of changes

No advice

Started good...ended terribly.

I have been working at Mary Washington Healthcare part-time

Pros

My co workers were awesome.

Cons

Management wasn't always too helpful and were always busy doing absolutely nothing.

Employees are disposable

Former Employee - Surgical Tech  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Surgical Tech in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Mary Washington Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Love some of the nurses

Cons

upper management focused on increasing wealth by reducing workers' income.

lose everything and go live in the streets...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Sucks

I have been working at Mary Washington Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

the average worker is a great person

Cons

executives and upper management is a joke..lots of butt kissing and HR is pathetic

please sell to Sentara before it's too late. Executives are horrible, have no clue how to manage and way too many of them

For the community but not the employees..

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Mary Washington Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is great as far as helping the community. For the position I worked I was at the switch board connecting callers to patients, departments, or associates. The job itself is very easy once you get the hang of it.

Cons

You have to be available 24/7 as you are considered essential personnel. Lack of communication between the teams and management. Failure to keep promises made to employees, along with no job security. The company is not making money therefore they cannot provide raises for current employees, nor hire the adequate amount of staff needed for proper everyday function of the office. They would rather work you to death than hire more staff.

Accept feed back given by employees and take initiative and responsibility for change. No matter how much teams report things the company is complacent with the quality of work the management is providing and does not want change but it is WELL OVERDUE.

Great travel assignment

Former Employee - Traveling Certified Surgical Tech  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Traveling Certified Surgical Tech in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Mary Washington Healthcare as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great staff to work with. The location in Virginia was nice, and the hospital itself was growing and very responsive to travelers.

Cons

Needed better incentive to keep permante employees

Very sad and unhealthy place to work

I have been working at Mary Washington Healthcare full-time

Pros

Pay was always on time.Paid Annual Leave was fair.

Cons

The HR department only listens to those that cry and complain. The department does whatever upper management tells them.When Director's aren't reprimanded for anything after numerous people go to HR about them, is really a testament to how business is done in this organization

Quit lying and cheating associates.

Please-if you are an RN-read this and apply with your eyes open!!

I worked at Mary Washington Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Close to my home, pay came in on time, parking free at present but sure a charge will be levied soon.

Cons

Where to begin-doctors treating RNs like trash and telling us that we will be fired before them-in regards to reporting their bad behavior. Cutting staff but complaining that HCAPS are low ergo no raises for you. Charging staff for the Nursing Ball (100.00), as well as the nurses week appreciation lunch/picnic is just many of the insults MWH sends out. Just after receiving their magnet status they stopped the clinical ladder-they were "revising" it-for three years, ended pay for staff meetings, educational funding, and forget about shared governance as it's not happening. Board members come through as patients and state they don't want special treatment-but tell you and everyone else that they are on the board (wink wink). Good ole boy network at it's finest and it's the patients that suffer for it as well as the lower staff. I have NEVER SEEN the nurse manager turn over like it is at this place. I loved my co workers with all my heart but could not deal with feeling like my job was always in jeopardy. I know that sounds weird but you always feel like someone is trying to find a reason to fire you.

Rankin and the rest of the upper echelon need to wake up and take the pay cuts you are handing out. If you are taking the cuts then let it be known that you are sharing in struggle. Cutting shift differential, call pay, etc is not the way to stay competitive. Beating weary horses does not make the carriage run faster or better. COMPLETE CHANGE IN BOARD AND UPPER LEVEL EXECUTIVES. THE NURSING EXECUTIVE SHOULD BE ASHAMED-MARIANA. ICARE IS A JOKE!

This organization is only concerned about money, certainly not their employee's or patients.

Current Employee - R N  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - R N in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Mary Washington Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are no good reasons for working here, which is why everyone's looking for another job.

Cons

Poor leadership, poor management, not paid enough for all the work expected from them. They want 1 person to do the job of 2 or 3 people, yet keep taking away our bonuses, benefits, and now require anyone insured through them to pay higher premiums if the person smokes ( and not willing to stop) or has any health conditions and won't comply with working with a health coach. They expect you to work with the coach on your own time, not during work hours and your required to work with the coach several times a month for an extended period of time.

Stop trying to control your associate's private lives, and work harder to bring about positive changes and eliminating stress on your employees. Whether a person smokes or not, is overweight or not has absolutely nothing to do with their job performance. Your doing exactly what the government is doing by trying to force your personal choices on others and expect them to comply or pay higher insurance premiums!

Horrible company to work for. Worst decision of my entire 28 year nursing career.

Current Employee - RN Staff
    Current Employee - RN Staff

I have been working at Mary Washington Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very few. They don't follow their own standards. But they pay in a timely manner.

Cons

They are not able to make a management decision without 60 stamps of approval, 5 nods, and the blood of your firstborn child. Money is the driving force within the organization. If you are making them money they tend to overlook things, but if your losing money they blame everyone but themselves.the computer system was installed new, and no support was given. You have to call and leave a message, which makes the patient wait for answers. They say all the right things, but have no follow through. I needed my brain scrubbed after years of frustrations working for them. No teamwork, they said one thing and did another. Never got straight answers.

This company is only as good as it's leader, and their leader is all about love of making the almighty dollar.

Worked for Mary Washington Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!