MasTec Network Solutions

MasTec Network Solutions Reviews

Updated November 20, 2014
Updated November 20, 2014

Rick Suarez & Oscar J. Primelles

You gotta have tough skin. Its not for the weak

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the offices that i know of have a family oriented enviroment. The pay is really good for someone my age.

Cons

I cant complain, I have a job that pays the bills. I was hired to work for someone so that is my duty as an employee of any company i work for. Unless im totally disrespected or thrown under the buss then i have no complaints that are that important to write on here.

Get a better training system. everyone cant just learn as they go when there is no clear direction. Please make sure all systems work properly so that employees can complete their work without any bugs constantly in the system.

Positive & continued growth within an evolving industry giant!!

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Ground floor opportunities - MNS is still a fairly new company in the grand scheme of things, which presents plenty of opportunities for those willing to put in the time and effort to excel and stand-out.
    - Strong Corporate Backing - With the backing of Mastec LLC, MNS is poised to handle the ebs and flows of the wireless industry, and flourish due to it's strong cash position. If there is worth and value in a competitor, Mastec can growth through acquisition.
    - Proven Success - While their have been bumps in the road with the advent of Turf, MNS has not just invested in it's employees, but also in the creation of tools and applications that foster efficiency and progress as a company.
    - Bottom line, if you are a hard worker willing to grind through growth spurts and the ever changing wireless industry, Mastec Network Services is a great place to start and evolve with.

Cons

- Lack of customer diversity - Much of the workload is based on the capital spend of 1 sole customer. Until MNS secures a greater market share, many business decisions will fall in line with revenue peaks and valleys.
    - Other than lack, I have very little negative to say about MNS.

- Grow a stronger Business Development team.

Great place to grow a career

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

MasTec is a great place to develop your career. It is a very diverse company with an aggressive CEO. He is not afraid to take risks or make investments to be successful. The environment is ever-changing because of acquisitions and growth. There isn't time to get bored. It is exciting. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else and I am confident that with the changing dynamics of the wireless industry, MasTec will find a way to stay relevant and successful.

Cons

I personally can't think of any Cons for working at MasTec.

Continue to try and develop new customers. I know they have been working on it but it isn't good to only have one major customer. That leaves you exposed to the ups and downs of that customers spending and it affects good employees negatively in some cases.

Unbelievable....

I worked at MasTec Network Solutions

Pros

Great until I was lay off

Cons

lay off. Now I read they bought out another's tower company unbelievable

what can I say stupid now much

Great opportunities to advance, solid employees

Current Employee - Scoping Manager
    Current Employee - Scoping Manager

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, enjoyable coworkers, friendly work environment. CEO who has good values and takes every opportunity to encourage employees. Average time-off policies, good benefits, 7 paid holidays.

Cons

Needs to improve their training for new employees as well as additional support for employees transitioning to new positions. Lack of organizational structure.

More consistency to organizational structure from market to market. More support for employees in new positions. Provide more incentives/rewards for outstanding performance.

MasTec Network Solution has been an rewarding experience.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have found MasTec to open to increase if it is available. You have the opportunity to work in different areas.

Cons

Because of the industry, MasTec has had a lot of layoffs. This was very stressful to the employees because no matter how good you performed your job, you were endangered every time. The unsurity was very stressful.

Plan better and communication better with employees.

Poor leadership, support, and lack of work has me searching for a new job.

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None, Nada, Zero, Niente and Finito.

Cons

Senior leadership is a joke, your expertise and knowledge should matter more than where you are going to go golfing or have your shoes shined.
    There is a severe discomfort of knowing that your job is safe; the turnover rate is very high and Rick Suarez has chosen tasteless ways in informing staff that the company is down sizing.

AT&T has impacted MasTec Network Solutions across the country and has caused an enormous amount of lay-offs negatively affecting all markets. Learn from your mistakes and stretch your wings; it's a horrible idea to keep all of your eggs in one basket. When AT&T says "jump", you shouldn't always answer "how high".

Construction Manager

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of quality people to work with

Cons

No structure to guide and assist new employees learning the "how too's" of working with a new company. Everyone is so busy taking care of their responsibilities leaving the "newbe" to figure it out on his own.

Have someone assigned to assist new employees understand the forms, time lines, learning opportunities, etc. rather than referring to a company help web page.

Frustrating.

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions

Pros

Great people! So much potential for improvement. Would normally be a great opportunity to have great impact.

Cons

Culture kills. Turnover is high.

Stop making knee-jerk decisions that negatively impact the whole business at great cost.

construction manger

Current Employee - Counstruction Management in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Counstruction Management in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MasTec Network Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company is a great company to work for here in the Boca office . All the people in this office are a very knowledgeable group of people.

Cons

other markets. love working for the SLF market . But the other markets need some improvment with there management skills .

continue to do all the great thing that you all to for others .

MasTec Network Solutions Photos