MasTec Reviews

Reset
2.3
MasTec Vice Chairman, President, and CEO José R. Mas
José R. Mas

Pros
  • Many great people In the company (in 4 reviews)

• Company van, tools, uniforms, decent benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance and they don't care about you having any personal time (in 4 reviews)

• some areas of the company do not pay very well for the difficulty of work and the long hours (in 5 reviews)

1. They are ok if you want to work near home

Former Employee - Lineman in La Grange, NC
    Former Employee - Lineman in La Grange, NC

I worked at MasTec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay since everyones pay went up 3-4 dollara an hour. Work close to home for theost part. No more then a hour or so from home. Certian supervosors are great to work for

Cons

Forced over time ( if you dont work overtime you dont work the next week) They dont like to replace equipment or vehicles at all Often end up working with broken tools Often sent out with vehicles that will break down Tool and truck replacement come off the top of general foreman's bonus so they try not to replace No recognition for service or outstanding work Raises are almost unheard of unless you get promoted and it still takes forever.

Advice to Management

Give raises when you say you are going to dont force unwanted overtime recognise those who go above and beyond.

2. A Big Company That Has Management Issues

Current Employee - Administration in Shevlin, MN
    Current Employee - Administration in Shevlin, MN

I have been working at MasTec full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big company. There are lots of divisions all over the US. Transfers to other divisions is an option.

Cons

Management has a hard time showing appreciation for their employees. It's hard to move up in the ranks.

Advice to Management

Stop picking favorites and respect the hard working employees that have shown dedication to the company.

3. wasnt bad

Former Employee - Field Technician in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Stockton, CA

I worked at MasTec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company car gas card good hours pay decent..

Cons

Managers dont know what they are doing

Advice to Management

Didnt have good managers.. Took ten years to call back. Put in for managers position got run around only to find they hired their friend

5. field engineer

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Columbia, SC

I worked at MasTec full-time

Pros

company provided excellent training. job had good flexibility , decent hours, management is a little absent. Other than that it was pretty good job with benefits

Cons

Lack of growth within the company, job is volatile by never knowing how much work and how many hours will be available to you.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, follow up with the effort that goes into the job to get it done. Provide a better way to track hours and performance.

6. Program Manager

Former Employee - Program Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at MasTec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Desires to satisfy customer. Willingly accepts additional work as customer demands

Cons

Never adequately staffed to perform work desired by customer. 8 months of 70 hours weeks never resulted in additional staff to keep the customer near100% satisfaction. Customer ended up removing projects from MasTec as a result.

Advice to Management

Staff up before accepting work, or follow through on ramping up the required resources to deliver quality work to customer.

7. Terrible company to work for

Current Employee - Installation Tech in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Installation Tech in Rochester, NY

I have been working at MasTec

Pros

Company vehicle. Thats about it.

Cons

No management support, they think the techs are not trying to do the job. Awful product that is getting worse instead of better. They keep making the tech do more and more when they should just correct the issues on the back end. 4 day 10hrs which ends up being 12. Have to work every Saturday. Sales are misleading to people that can't afford them.

Advice to Management

Come on out and do installs with me every Saturday.

8. neutral

I worked at MasTec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good, nice people in general.

Cons

No room to grow. Many in management are wearing blinders.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at MasTec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Wonderful opportunity. company van, phone, tools, gas card. Paid training. Laid back atmmosphere

Cons

Horrible pay. I havent had a week where I take home more than $250 since classroom training which was only 2 weeks in the beginning. They pay us horribly,. Pay is peice work so you get paid by the job and its different on every job. you could be at a job anywhere from 1-8 hours and only make $40 depending on the type of job. It is literally impossible to survive on that type of pay. They only care about the survey scores. the company as a whole clearly doesnt care about the technician because of this fac. Some of the management in the local office care a good deal but there is only so much they can do to help out. I left a job where i was making decent money because i was told by the recruiter I could realistically make $45k or more a year my first year. Silly me for believeing her. In the short time I have worked here I have had my truck repossesed and am unable to pay my rent. This is beyond unacceptable. I work 50 hours minimum and 6 days every week and take home less than $250 a week. That is shameful.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a liveable wage and maybe they will perform the way you want them to perform. You can not realistically expect a technician to do more than the minimum required to get the job done if they know they are getting paid next to nothing.

10. Accounting Supervisor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

I worked at MasTec

Pros

The people are nice and management is just ok

Cons

No room for growth at this location

11. Why, Why, Why!

Former Employee - Field Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at MasTec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting people (nice ones) , working alone and when needed getting help by good techs.

Cons

Meeting people (bad ones), working with and getting (no) help with bad techs.

Advice to Management

What Manager, nobody realy ask for Managers help here or pay attention to him, only needed when requesting time off from work schedule or to file a complaint. Manager dont have much authority to help te he techs, they act as a messager here to AT&T and to Mastec channels.

RSS Feed </> Embed