Masco Contractor Services

Updated December 23, 2014
3.5

Masco Contractor Services CEO Robert Buck
Robert Buck

Pros
  • The people are great, Co workers become like family (in 4 reviews)

• The leadership team is refreshed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • some nice people at the division level (in 3 reviews)

• tough work, long hours but consistant (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

25 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Major transformation over the last few years

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company with high integrity and accountability. Management team is almost completely new over this time frame and is top notch. The company has a lot of opportunity for advancement and movement into new roles.

Cons

Very fast paced and expectations of high quality. Not a con unless you aren't the type who can keep up and produce good work.

Keep doing what you are doing and moving this company forward

Stated off great, but slowly deteriorated as time went on

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some really honest managers that will tell you the truth, wonderful co workers

Cons

Wow. Horrible planning, execution of new developments, little communication, no information on expectations, timelines, direction...mgmt does not present themselves as leaders, team players, mentors, no advising how you can strengthen your weaknesses/or suggestions on how to move up the ladder. It boils down to politics again. Depends on your direct reports if they like you you're going to be promoted at some point. Even if they have very little knowledge to do the job they're being promoted to. People up higher in the depts at home office have no idea what to tell you either since they are "not close enough" to the actual issues in their dept. Its assumed the mid level mgmt has it under control...however, the mid level really has no idea what to do either or it wouldnt be the huge mess it is today. Have team meetings regularly until theres big changes coming then meetings are cancelled? They outright lie to their staff, people know it, and trust and integrity is compromised from then on. No strong foundation and the house crumbles

Get closer to your team and understand whats really going on in your dept at home office. Dont assume your dept leader is handling things, hold them accountable regularly. Employees are way underpaid and are micromanaged daily. The millionaires just shrug the problems off when they are ultimately responsible for the success if their team. It will not succeed if this trend continues, i dont even know what else to say

This has been a learning experience. I believe that all employment opportunities should provide should an experience.

Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here are the opportunities to learn technology and the opportunities allowed to those which are open to such learning experiences.

Cons

I beleive that the challenges vary from day to day as this is a fast paced environment

Allow those that want the opportunities to utilize the experience and talent others have.

Run. Fast. Don't. Look. Back.

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a subsidiary of Masco, they have survived the ecomonic downturn. This is a company full of great people who are being driven into the ground by a few at the top.

Cons

This company cares about making money [end of story]. They don't care about people, thier trade, the community, or each other. They create witch-hunts [they call them layoffs] as frequently as possible and are only interested in padding the pockets of the VPs at the expense of the previously-loyal working class.

When all you care about is money, you'll never make a dime. If nothing is good enough, perhaps you should look in the mirror.

Good People Good Leadership Average Pay

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional environment, good leadership, promote education, good benefits

Cons

Lack of a college degree will hold you back from positions that you are capable of at this company.

Consider experience as strongly as education.

Very Happy.. But no promotion potential

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management and people were amazing. This was an excellent place to start my career in acct/finance. I learned a tremendously amount of information and had excellent mentors.

Cons

The pay was not good. I did not get any raises :( and there was no opportunity for growth for the five years I was there. However, I understand that things have changed alot lately...

Pay your employees better and allow them promotion potential.

I has a great experience working for MCS this summer.

Current Intern - Sales Representative in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Intern - Sales Representative in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The people, meaningful work, housing provided, great networking opportunities

Cons

Low pay, Daytona Beach is not the best area to live

From Intern to Full Time

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Warm open environment, Friendly and Encouraging management Team, Lots of Fun activities outside of work, Growth opportunities, A great Internship program.

Cons

Masco doesn't currently have many young people working in the office. It takes three badges just to get into the building.

Masco Contractor Services - Home Office Employee Experience

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has put together an excellent team at their home office in Daytona Beach, starting with a strong, supportive leadership team and carrying on down through the ground level of the organization. The people are great on the whole and the organization feels small, which is a benefit since those who work hard are rewarded and gain excellent visibility to high-level management and new opportunities. Plus, working in Central FL is a gorgeous way to live life!

Cons

Their is a culture shift happening, in a good way. That said, one can still sense at times an old-school culture and resistance to change across the organization at times. However, the leadership team is instilling a new culture of change, progress, and accountability that is helping this in great ways.

Working near the beach is excellent, i'll be honest, but locating the home office closer to Orlando might help retention and recruitment for the long-term. Very happy nonetheless!

Great People. Fulfilling Work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

MCS is a great place to work and I honestly wouldn't trade this job for anything. I have only been with the company for less than a year, but from reading the reviews on this site I can definitely tell that MCS as a company has completely changed over the past several years. I love the people I work with and I've also enjoyed the projects I get to work on. The office has a fun atmosphere with events for charity like sing-a-grams, basketball contests, Easter egg hunts, and raffles going on seems like every week. We also have casual Fridays and there are almost always free leftovers sitting in the break room! I am more than comfortable hanging out with my coworkers outside of work. I get to travel several times each year too, which I have enjoyed. Pay is great. Benefits are great. Overall a fulfilling job with great people.

Cons

Daytona Beach isn't the most glamorous place in the world especially when I compare to friends living in New York, Los Angeles, and the like. Daytona Beach is a very relaxed beach town-- not exactly corporate America. But to tell the truth, most people commute from Orlando area suburbs and do not live in Daytona Beach. Also, at times you will have such a great workload that you have to take work home with you; it is rare, but it does happen occasionally.

Masco Contractor Services Photos