Masco Contractor Services

Updated September 4, 2014
2.8

Masco Contractor Services CEO Robert Buck
Robert Buck

Pros
  • The leadership team is refreshed (in 4 reviews)

• For all of us, that means lots of career opportunities, great pay, high reward, and hard work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • some nice people at the division level (in 3 reviews)

• tough work, long hours but consistant (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good People Good Leadership Average Pay

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Masco Contractor Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional environment, good leadership, promote education, good benefits

Cons

Lack of a college degree will hold you back from positions that you are capable of at this company.

Consider experience as strongly as education.

Run. Fast. Don't. Look. Back.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a subsidiary of Masco, they have survived the ecomonic downturn. This is a company full of great people who are being driven into the ground by a few at the top.

Cons

This company cares about making money [end of story]. They don't care about people, thier trade, the community, or each other. They create witch-hunts [they call them layoffs] as frequently as possible and are only interested in padding the pockets of the VPs at the expense of the previously-loyal working class.

When all you care about is money, you'll never make a dime. If nothing is good enough, perhaps you should look in the mirror.

Major transformation over the last few years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

Excellent company with high integrity and accountability. Management team is almost completely new over this time frame and is top notch. The company has a lot of opportunity for advancement and movement into new roles.

Cons

Very fast paced and expectations of high quality. Not a con unless you aren't the type who can keep up and produce good work.

Keep doing what you are doing and moving this company forward

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Happy.. But no promotion potential

Former Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Masco Contractor Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The management and people were amazing. This was an excellent place to start my career in acct/finance. I learned a tremendously amount of information and had excellent mentors.

Cons

The pay was not good. I did not get any raises :( and there was no opportunity for growth for the five years I was there. However, I understand that things have changed alot lately...

Pay your employees better and allow them promotion potential.

I has a great experience working for MCS this summer.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people, meaningful work, housing provided, great networking opportunities

Cons

Low pay, Daytona Beach is not the best area to live

From Intern to Full Time

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Warm open environment, Friendly and Encouraging management Team, Lots of Fun activities outside of work, Growth opportunities, A great Internship program.

Cons

Masco doesn't currently have many young people working in the office. It takes three badges just to get into the building.

Masco Contractor Services - Home Office Employee Experience

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

The company has put together an excellent team at their home office in Daytona Beach, starting with a strong, supportive leadership team and carrying on down through the ground level of the organization. The people are great on the whole and the organization feels small, which is a benefit since those who work hard are rewarded and gain excellent visibility to high-level management and new opportunities. Plus, working in Central FL is a gorgeous way to live life!

Cons

Their is a culture shift happening, in a good way. That said, one can still sense at times an old-school culture and resistance to change across the organization at times. However, the leadership team is instilling a new culture of change, progress, and accountability that is helping this in great ways.

Working near the beach is excellent, i'll be honest, but locating the home office closer to Orlando might help retention and recruitment for the long-term. Very happy nonetheless!

Great People. Fulfilling Work.

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

MCS is a great place to work and I honestly wouldn't trade this job for anything. I have only been with the company for less than a year, but from reading the reviews on this site I can definitely tell that MCS as a company has completely changed over the past several years. I love the people I work with and I've also enjoyed the projects I get to work on. The office has a fun atmosphere with events for charity like sing-a-grams, basketball contests, Easter egg hunts, and raffles going on seems like every week. We also have casual Fridays and there are almost always free leftovers sitting in the break room! I am more than comfortable hanging out with my coworkers outside of work. I get to travel several times each year too, which I have enjoyed. Pay is great. Benefits are great. Overall a fulfilling job with great people.

Cons

Daytona Beach isn't the most glamorous place in the world especially when I compare to friends living in New York, Los Angeles, and the like. Daytona Beach is a very relaxed beach town-- not exactly corporate America. But to tell the truth, most people commute from Orlando area suburbs and do not live in Daytona Beach. Also, at times you will have such a great workload that you have to take work home with you; it is rare, but it does happen occasionally.

Friendly Workers, Great Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Corporate Human Resources  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Human Resources in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Salaries are great. Management is fair and fun to work with.

Cons

It is in Daytona. There's nothing else in Daytona worth going to Daytona for.

Laggards beware! MCS is a fast paced, exhilarating environment.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

There has been a bit of a renaissance at MCS. The leadership team is refreshed. The strategy has been revised and positioned to take on a growing market. For all of us, that means lots of career opportunities, great pay, high reward, and hard work. I have rarely seen passion for excellence like I see it here. It's a place where people care about each other as much as they do success.

Cons

MCS is definitely not for the faint of heart. Nothing less than perfect is accepted. It's a place where we all play to win and winning is the only option. It's not for everyone.

Take time to celebrate and remind all employees how important our role is in building the American dream.

Worked for Masco Contractor Services? Contribute to the Community!