Masco Contractor Services

Robert Buck

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good People Good Leadership Average Pay

Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsProfessional environment, good leadership, promote education, good benefits

ConsLack of a college degree will hold you back from positions that you are capable of at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider experience as strongly as education.

Major transformation over the last few years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsExcellent company with high integrity and accountability. Management team is almost completely new over this time frame and is top notch. The company has a lot of opportunity for advancement and movement into new roles.

ConsVery fast paced and expectations of high quality. Not a con unless you aren't the type who can keep up and produce good work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing and moving this company forward

Very Happy.. But no promotion potential

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsThe management and people were amazing. This was an excellent place to start my career in acct/finance. I learned a tremendously amount of information and had excellent mentors.

ConsThe pay was not good. I did not get any raises :( and there was no opportunity for growth for the five years I was there. However, I understand that things have changed alot lately...

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better and allow them promotion potential.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I has a great experience working for MCS this summer.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsThe people, meaningful work, housing provided, great networking opportunities

ConsLow pay, Daytona Beach is not the best area to live

From Intern to Full Time

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsWarm open environment, Friendly and Encouraging management Team, Lots of Fun activities outside of work, Growth opportunities, A great Internship program.

ConsMasco doesn't currently have many young people working in the office. It takes three badges just to get into the building.

Great People. Fulfilling Work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsMCS is a great place to work and I honestly wouldn't trade this job for anything. I have only been with the company for less than a year, but from reading the reviews on this site I can definitely tell that MCS as a company has completely changed over the past several years. I love the people I work with and I've also enjoyed the projects I get to work on. The office has a fun atmosphere with events for charity like sing-a-grams, basketball contests, Easter egg hunts, and raffles going on seems like every week. We also have casual Fridays and there are almost always free leftovers sitting in the break room! I am more than comfortable hanging out with my coworkers outside of work. I get to travel several times each year too, which I have enjoyed. Pay is great. Benefits are great. Overall a fulfilling job with great people.

ConsDaytona Beach isn't the most glamorous place in the world especially when I compare to friends living in New York, Los Angeles, and the like. Daytona Beach is a very relaxed beach town-- not exactly corporate America. But to tell the truth, most people commute from Orlando area suburbs and do not live in Daytona Beach. Also, at times you will have such a great workload that you have to take work home with you; it is rare, but it does happen occasionally.

Masco Contractor Services - Home Office Employee Experience

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsThe company has put together an excellent team at their home office in Daytona Beach, starting with a strong, supportive leadership team and carrying on down through the ground level of the organization. The people are great on the whole and the organization feels small, which is a benefit since those who work hard are rewarded and gain excellent visibility to high-level management and new opportunities. Plus, working in Central FL is a gorgeous way to live life!

ConsTheir is a culture shift happening, in a good way. That said, one can still sense at times an old-school culture and resistance to change across the organization at times. However, the leadership team is instilling a new culture of change, progress, and accountability that is helping this in great ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking near the beach is excellent, i'll be honest, but locating the home office closer to Orlando might help retention and recruitment for the long-term. Very happy nonetheless!

Friendly Workers, Great Work Life Balance

Corporate Human Resources (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsBenefits are pretty good. Salaries are great. Management is fair and fun to work with.

ConsIt is in Daytona. There's nothing else in Daytona worth going to Daytona for.

Laggards beware! MCS is a fast paced, exhilarating environment.

Manager (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsThere has been a bit of a renaissance at MCS. The leadership team is refreshed. The strategy has been revised and positioned to take on a growing market. For all of us, that means lots of career opportunities, great pay, high reward, and hard work. I have rarely seen passion for excellence like I see it here. It's a place where people care about each other as much as they do success.

ConsMCS is definitely not for the faint of heart. Nothing less than perfect is accepted. It's a place where we all play to win and winning is the only option. It's not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to celebrate and remind all employees how important our role is in building the American dream.

This company is going places!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsGreat senior leadership. Managers listen and value your input. Fresh ground Starbucks machine, and free local gourmet coffee in the breakroom. Jeans on Fridays. Top-notch software to do your job. Warm culture. Employees hang out together outside of work. Strong focus on talent. Excellent company discounts on Delta Faucets, Behr Paint, nice to get a lower Home Depot bill!

ConsI feel hopeful so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlexible work schedules, telecommuting, and alternatives to work environments will earn employee loyalty.

Worked for Masco Contractor Services? Contribute to the Community!