Masco Contractor Services Reviews

Reset
2.6
Masco Contractor Services CEO Robert Buck
Robert Buck

Pros
  • The people are great, Co workers become like family (in 4 reviews)

• Excellent company discounts on Delta Faucets, Behr Paint, nice to get a lower Home Depot bill (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • some nice people at the division level (in 3 reviews)

• tough work, long hours but consistant (in 3 reviews)

1. Awesome Leadership, Growing Company, Great Career Path

Current Employee - Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MCS has really turned things around over the last 2-3 years. The leadership team is completely new, and the business is finally recovering from the housing crash of 2006 -2007. They are really committed to their employees, and making sure they keep them happy with regular pay increases and lots of flexibility of movement. -Great career opportunities -Good pay -Amazing leadership team

Cons

The company had to go through a lot of changes to get back to profitability, requiring everyone to adapt quickly to changes. Sometimes things seem to move too quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. This company is going places!

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great senior leadership. Managers listen and value your input. Fresh ground Starbucks machine, and free local gourmet coffee in the breakroom. Jeans on Fridays. Top-notch software to do your job. Warm culture. Employees hang out together outside of work. Strong focus on talent. Excellent company discounts on Delta Faucets, Behr Paint, nice to get a lower Home Depot bill!

Cons

I feel hopeful so far.

Advice to Management

Flexible work schedules, telecommuting, and alternatives to work environments will earn employee loyalty.

3. Company growing culture of inclusion and engagement

Current Employee - Director in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Development of culture, employee engagement, part of Fortune 300 company, oppportunity for growth, challenging environment that leads to work gratification and recogntion

Cons

Large company many locations lot of moving parts that requires innovative appoach to communication, standardization, information gathering and distribution

Advice to Management

Continuy engaging and recognizing people in continuously improving the team based culture of the company

Laggards beware! MCS is a fast paced, exhilarating environment.

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There has been a bit of a renaissance at MCS. The leadership team is refreshed. The strategy has been revised and positioned to take on a growing market. For all of us, that means lots of career opportunities, great pay, high reward, and hard work. I have rarely seen passion for excellence like I see it here. It's a place where people care about each other as much as they do success.

Cons

MCS is definitely not for the faint of heart. Nothing less than perfect is accepted. It's a place where we all play to win and winning is the only option. It's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Take time to celebrate and remind all employees how important our role is in building the American dream.

Friendly Workers, Great Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Corporate Human Resources in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Human Resources in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Salaries are great. Management is fair and fun to work with.

Cons

It is in Daytona. There's nothing else in Daytona worth going to Daytona for.

Great People. Fulfilling Work.

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MCS is a great place to work and I honestly wouldn't trade this job for anything. I have only been with the company for less than a year, but from reading the reviews on this site I can definitely tell that MCS as a company has completely changed over the past several years. I love the people I work with and I've also enjoyed the projects I get to work on. The office has a fun atmosphere with events for charity like sing-a-grams, basketball contests, Easter egg hunts, and raffles going on seems like every week. We also have casual Fridays and there are almost always free leftovers sitting in the break room! I am more than comfortable hanging out with my coworkers outside of work. I get to travel several times each year too, which I have enjoyed. Pay is great. Benefits are great. Overall a fulfilling job with great people.

Cons

Daytona Beach isn't the most glamorous place in the world especially when I compare to friends living in New York, Los Angeles, and the like. Daytona Beach is a very relaxed beach town-- not exactly corporate America. But to tell the truth, most people commute from Orlando area suburbs and do not live in Daytona Beach. Also, at times you will have such a great workload that you have to take work home with you; it is rare, but it does happen occasionally.

Masco Contractor Services - Home Office Employee Experience

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has put together an excellent team at their home office in Daytona Beach, starting with a strong, supportive leadership team and carrying on down through the ground level of the organization. The people are great on the whole and the organization feels small, which is a benefit since those who work hard are rewarded and gain excellent visibility to high-level management and new opportunities. Plus, working in Central FL is a gorgeous way to live life!

Cons

Their is a culture shift happening, in a good way. That said, one can still sense at times an old-school culture and resistance to change across the organization at times. However, the leadership team is instilling a new culture of change, progress, and accountability that is helping this in great ways.

Advice to Management

Working near the beach is excellent, i'll be honest, but locating the home office closer to Orlando might help retention and recruitment for the long-term. Very happy nonetheless!

Fantastic opportunity for change agents and results oriented leaders.

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is managing many new initiatives that are exciting to be a part of.

Cons

Still working to regrow a business decimated by the collapse of the residential new construction industry; many staff positions are overloaded with tasks that used to be done by others who were downsized during the downturn.

Advice to Management

Keep in close communication with local offices to ensure initiatives aren't created undue stress on the team who directly interact with paying customers.

10. Worked there fora couple months

Pros

Good benefits and also pays well

Cons

Difficult labor and long work hours

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing guys

Genuinely a great organization to work for! You won't regret it if you are looking to contribute to something great!

Current Employee - Division Manager
    Current Employee - Division Manager

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You only get out of an opportunity what you put in it; if you commit to a career with Masco Contractor Services (MCS), you will reap the benefits of being part of a tremendous company.

Cons

More people should know about this company and advance their careers here.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing as the company's star is certainly on the rise. I'm proud to be part of this!

RSS Feed </> Embed