Masco Contractor Services

Updated December 23, 2014
2.6

Masco Contractor Services CEO Robert Buck
Robert Buck

Pros
  • The people are great, Co workers become like family (in 4 reviews)

• The leadership team is refreshed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • some nice people at the division level (in 3 reviews)

• tough work, long hours but consistant (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Major transformation over the last few years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company with high integrity and accountability. Management team is almost completely new over this time frame and is top notch. The company has a lot of opportunity for advancement and movement into new roles.

Cons

Very fast paced and expectations of high quality. Not a con unless you aren't the type who can keep up and produce good work.

Keep doing what you are doing and moving this company forward

Genuinely a great organization to work for! You won't regret it if you are looking to contribute to something great!

Current Employee - Division Manager
    Current Employee - Division Manager

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You only get out of an opportunity what you put in it; if you commit to a career with Masco Contractor Services (MCS), you will reap the benefits of being part of a tremendous company.

Cons

More people should know about this company and advance their careers here.

Continue what you are doing as the company's star is certainly on the rise. I'm proud to be part of this!

Worked there fora couple months

I worked at Masco Contractor Services

Pros

Good benefits and also pays well

Cons

Difficult labor and long work hours

Keep doing your thing guys

I has a great experience working for MCS this summer.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The people, meaningful work, housing provided, great networking opportunities

Cons

Low pay, Daytona Beach is not the best area to live

Fantastic opportunity for change agents and results oriented leaders.

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company is managing many new initiatives that are exciting to be a part of.

Cons

Still working to regrow a business decimated by the collapse of the residential new construction industry; many staff positions are overloaded with tasks that used to be done by others who were downsized during the downturn.

Keep in close communication with local offices to ensure initiatives aren't created undue stress on the team who directly interact with paying customers.

Masco Contractor Services - Home Office Employee Experience

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has put together an excellent team at their home office in Daytona Beach, starting with a strong, supportive leadership team and carrying on down through the ground level of the organization. The people are great on the whole and the organization feels small, which is a benefit since those who work hard are rewarded and gain excellent visibility to high-level management and new opportunities. Plus, working in Central FL is a gorgeous way to live life!

Cons

Their is a culture shift happening, in a good way. That said, one can still sense at times an old-school culture and resistance to change across the organization at times. However, the leadership team is instilling a new culture of change, progress, and accountability that is helping this in great ways.

Working near the beach is excellent, i'll be honest, but locating the home office closer to Orlando might help retention and recruitment for the long-term. Very happy nonetheless!

Great People. Fulfilling Work.

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

MCS is a great place to work and I honestly wouldn't trade this job for anything. I have only been with the company for less than a year, but from reading the reviews on this site I can definitely tell that MCS as a company has completely changed over the past several years. I love the people I work with and I've also enjoyed the projects I get to work on. The office has a fun atmosphere with events for charity like sing-a-grams, basketball contests, Easter egg hunts, and raffles going on seems like every week. We also have casual Fridays and there are almost always free leftovers sitting in the break room! I am more than comfortable hanging out with my coworkers outside of work. I get to travel several times each year too, which I have enjoyed. Pay is great. Benefits are great. Overall a fulfilling job with great people.

Cons

Daytona Beach isn't the most glamorous place in the world especially when I compare to friends living in New York, Los Angeles, and the like. Daytona Beach is a very relaxed beach town-- not exactly corporate America. But to tell the truth, most people commute from Orlando area suburbs and do not live in Daytona Beach. Also, at times you will have such a great workload that you have to take work home with you; it is rare, but it does happen occasionally.

Friendly Workers, Great Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Corporate Human Resources in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Human Resources in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Salaries are great. Management is fair and fun to work with.

Cons

It is in Daytona. There's nothing else in Daytona worth going to Daytona for.

Change is good!

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time

Pros

Change is in the air at Masco Contractor Services. Usually in a time of change the atmosphere at a company is negative and there are a lot of people pushing against it. That's not the case with Masco Contractor Services. The result of the changes currently taking place are the direct result of the Senior Leadership Team responding to the suggestions of employees. There is a clear culture of accountability and continuing improvement that is embodied by everyone here. People are energized, excited, and they want to improve and find the best way of doing things. New ideas and new ways of looking at solving a problem are embraced and employees are empowered to be creative in their jobs. This is an exciting time to work here because Masco Contractor Services is positioning itself to be a best in class employer. I'm happy to say I work for this company.

Cons

Jump on the wave of change or you will be left behind...MCS is raising the bar. If you're not willing to raise with the tide you will miss out.

Continue to seek out the feedback from employees and look for ways to improve the company. This is an inspiring way to lead the business...you are on the right track!

Laggards beware! MCS is a fast paced, exhilarating environment.

Current Employee - Manager in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There has been a bit of a renaissance at MCS. The leadership team is refreshed. The strategy has been revised and positioned to take on a growing market. For all of us, that means lots of career opportunities, great pay, high reward, and hard work. I have rarely seen passion for excellence like I see it here. It's a place where people care about each other as much as they do success.

Cons

MCS is definitely not for the faint of heart. Nothing less than perfect is accepted. It's a place where we all play to win and winning is the only option. It's not for everyone.

Take time to celebrate and remind all employees how important our role is in building the American dream.

Masco Contractor Services Photos