Masco Contractor Services

Updated November 3, 2014
2.6

Masco Contractor Services CEO Robert Buck
Robert Buck

Pros
  • The people are great, Co workers become like family (in 4 reviews)

• The leadership team is refreshed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • some nice people at the division level (in 3 reviews)

• tough work, long hours but consistant (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Big changes for the worst the longer you work here

I worked at Masco Contractor Services

Pros

The people are great, Co workers become like family. And of course it is a paycheck regardless if how much below the actual cost if living your pay is. Realize raises come every 4-5 years but inflation us constant

Cons

Cons....no clear communication between management and employees, several managers with little to no management skills, who promoted these people? Can't they see what we see? Ridiculous is the lying they do,the back stabbing they do, the holier than thou they feel they are. We are all cut from the same cloth regardless of who YOU think you are, you may want to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if this is the person you wanted to be. As Co- workers we should be building each other up not trying to tear others down. Whether your name is Mr. VPO or a data entry clerk...etc. extremely disappointing experience

Not sure I have any it just seems like as long as our Higher ups have millions, they won't ever understand how it feels as another human being to stand at Walmart holding a sign that says please help I'm hungry...

Dont plz dont

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services

Pros

I am still trying to find one, i am just typing s to make 20 words, GD wont allow me to post othrwise.

Cons

If you are extended an offer think 100 times before you join. I am looking but difficult to find any in daytona, for sure gone by next yr.

5 reasons why not to join

1) Recently in Aug they laid off 100+ employees, looking at this chaos many left by their own and now they are hiring. No vision.

2) Its no longer part of Masco corp, big reason to worry.

3) There are no other good/big employers in daytona so if u r moving from out state think before u make a move.

4) Managers hardly have anyone to manage, hardly any employees left.

5) Very frequent layoffs, after every qtr results.

Emp surveys are a hoax.

So if u have another offer plz go for it, or ask the questions which i have put before you will come to know the truth.

I also know management is forcing empl to write fake good reviews here so their rating goes up. If you read carefully CEO is approving only good ones, how is that even possible in any company ???

None its like talking to a wall. Let them go down.

Worse company ever!

I worked at Masco Contractor Services

Pros

Co-workers! Fortunately there were others that made the time enjoyable!

Pay was good, come to find out it was only to compensate for the dysfunction!

Cons

As a professional I have never been so micromanaged! The environment in Daytona is awful, every move is watched and certain members of the Sr. leadership Team have challenges with trusting their team to make contributions to a company that is in great need of them!

Quit micromanaging, do as you say and trust the leaders within the organization to do their job!

This has been a learning experience. I believe that all employment opportunities should provide should an experience.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here are the opportunities to learn technology and the opportunities allowed to those which are open to such learning experiences.

Cons

I beleive that the challenges vary from day to day as this is a fast paced environment

Allow those that want the opportunities to utilize the experience and talent others have.

Anonymous

I worked at Masco Contractor Services

Pros

Masco as brand is well known in housing industry. Not many to pen

Cons

When you join MCS as full time employee think you are on long term contract(Aka can be laid off anytime).
    Management is vision less . There is more senior mgmt than hands on employees

Please define a mission and vision for the company. Rest cane discussed later

Run. Fast. Don't. Look. Back.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a subsidiary of Masco, they have survived the ecomonic downturn. This is a company full of great people who are being driven into the ground by a few at the top.

Cons

This company cares about making money [end of story]. They don't care about people, thier trade, the community, or each other. They create witch-hunts [they call them layoffs] as frequently as possible and are only interested in padding the pockets of the VPs at the expense of the previously-loyal working class.

When all you care about is money, you'll never make a dime. If nothing is good enough, perhaps you should look in the mirror.

Solid Job

Current Employee - Installer in Taftville, CT
    Current Employee - Installer in Taftville, CT

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Variety of projects.
    Different people of different skill levels.
    No pressure to move fast

Cons

Some people too busy to train new guys
    Sometimes days are too short

Communication!

Burnout

I worked at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you like long hours with little to no additional compensation and like to stay in the same position for 10+ years this company is for you.

Cons

Borders on hostile work environment, Little to no operational expertise. Too heavily focused on computer systems and IT. Way too little position (job title) development.

This looks great on paper, but hey, so does socialism

Current Employee - Work Order Support in Barrington, NJ
    Current Employee - Work Order Support in Barrington, NJ

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some employee incentives, flexibility with schedule, matching 2.5% of 401k, discounts with major brands as you will work for the parent company

Cons

Your pay is not a set figure. You will be hired to do one thing and trained to do another-in a different pay scale. Example is being hired for reception and doing order management. Loyalty will hurt you. If you are part of the original company before MCS took over, you have a number and they have already begun to do layoffs and firings nation wide. In a particular division, there have been demotions, firing of original staff (who know the business and products backwards and blindfolded), and bringing in new positions and filling them with people who have no construction background or desire to learn. The process from start to finish for a project seems so streamlined but is set up for failure in the real world. This is the result of the new management team.

Educate yourselves on the industry before you make changes to structure, processes, and office support affecting jobs of many people nationwide.

Working for a publically held Co. has many disadvantages and costs

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Masco Contractor Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The co. has money to make it thru bad econmy

Cons

Change in Executive management and directions of Co. Not in touch with real world Division level problems.

Spend more time at Divisions to see Actual issues.

Masco Contractor Services Photos