Masco

3.1

Masco President, CEO, and Director Tim Wadhams
Tim Wadhams

Very good place to work

I worked at Masco as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Interesting work, Good compensation, low-stress environment. People are kind and approachable as it relates to issues and questions that you may have.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind initially, MASCO could be a bit more diverse, particularly as it relates to gender, but working in a technical capacity it is to be expected to some extent. Your level of advancement is tied directly to how diverse your skill set is, if you are in the technical side of things, its advisable to have an MBA.

N/A

A hugely ethical company that is interested in the people

I have been working at Masco

Pros

Learning and Development opportunities have been way beyond expectation, even in an economic downturn, the focus on continuous improvement will have placed MASCO in an extraordinary position when housing starts begin to climb in both the US and Europe

Cons

can't think of any, this company has been the best I have worked for

Keep doing what your doing

My internship here has been great and would love to come back in the future.

Current Employee - Tax Intern in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Tax Intern in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Masco as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Subsidized food and drinks, so awesome cheap food. Benefits, pay and work life balance even as an intern are great. Managers actually care about staff development. Opportunities to grow and learn new things on the job. Can rotate departments for additional internship experience.

Cons

Work is often repetitive and down time from work has to be filled with busy work that doesn't develop many skill sets.

Keep doing what you're doing, I love the atmosphere and the people.

Great

I have been working at Masco full-time

Pros

great work, learned alot, work independantly

Cons

none at this time to

Great place for motivated people to work

I have been working at Masco

Pros

Employees who are highly motivated to take on more responsibilty and work hard are often rewarded with future job opportunities. The latest focus on talent development only works for those who chose to persue development (see cons). Great place to work if you are a type A or B personality.

Masco is become much more flexible so employees can enjoy better work life balance. Once a stuffy professional atmosphere, has given way to a collaborative, business casual environment that works.

Cons

Masco is very slow to deal with employees who "coast" and dont' do their fair share.

The management team is doing a great job, but the layer of management just below needs to sing the same tune. Not everyone is on the same page.

Good company to work with,

I worked at Masco

Pros

Flexibility working M-F, good benefits with matching 401K

Cons

As with any company that sells to retail, you have your opportunities and challenges.

Keep up the good efforts.

I had a great run.....

Former Employee - Professional in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Professional in Taylor, MI

I worked at Masco full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for, excellent benefits and growth opportunities especially in Legal, Audit and Finance

Cons

Culturally and strategically in a change phase

Value your employees as they are your biggest asset

Excellent company, great training, fun atmosphere!

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Masco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very extensive training for all employees. There is an open door policy and out of all of the companies that I've worked for, MRSS has had the greatest level of communication about what is expected, company policies, perks and benefits, etc. Company also paid for a large portion of medical/dental/vision which made for a rude awakening when I left for another company. Kudos to Masco for still providing quality benefits at a reasonable price. Fun career and would be a great place for young, single, energetic people.

Cons

At times, the workload exceeded the time allotted to complete. Some sales territories cover a large geographical area or require a lot of road time due to traffic patterns. For people with families, look to spend a lot of your own time invested in completing your job well, and less time running children to soccer games, school functions. I recall a time when I was asked to "quickly run over to" another store in my territory, to report some needed information about a product set. It would have taken hours to get there and report the info due to distance and traffic. There is some level of frustration completing tasks in one territory differently than another, in a timely fashion based on the territory set up. BE FLEXIBLE!

Keep doing what your doing. Overall, MRSS is an outstanding company, known for producing good results for their customer.

Solid company

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Masco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company, heading in the right direction

Cons

Poor training for new employees

Great place for interns

Former Employee - Intern in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Taylor, MI

I worked at Masco as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Good experience to build resume, decent pay especially compared to other job options (retail, fast food) available to college students,flexible enough to take classes part time while interning, gym onsite with free fitness classes, full service cafeteria onsite with subsidized prices, frequently allows long-term internships past 1 semester, community service opportunites

Cons

Low starting salary for full time hires after internship - can get higher wages by going to a company you didn't intern for.

Masco Photos