Masergy Communications

www.masergy.com

Masergy Communications Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Chris MacFarland

Great company to work for - Cool technology & Smart people!

ProsExcellent benefits with great bonus program. Work hard, Play hard culture!

ConsWorking at a smaller company, you get to do what a whole department might be responsible for in larger organizations:) This is great for career growth and learning experience but sometimes can get overwhelming with too many projects and too little time!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great momentum and continue to innovate so we can stay ahead of the competition!

Oversold their willingness to reimburse me for certifications, but the paperwork would've made me an indentured servant

NOC Analyst (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsSteady paycheck, steady work. Offers benefits, though they're a bit expensive.

ConsWhen interviewed, they asked at least three times if I had a wife and kids (I'm pretty sure this is illegal), making it clear that they intended to screw me on shifts and hours in a 24-hour operational environment.

Once they sent their offer, I went through the fine print and discovered that their intent was to "recoup training costs" from me to the tune of up to 10k on a sliding scale depending on how much time had passed since I was hired (falling down to zero dollars at 24 months), and that if I pursued any external training, that external training would similarly start a 24-month timer where I would have to pay them a portion of the training's cost if I left too early.

On top of that, the same paperwork explicitly stated that MASERGY was not obligated to reimburse me for any certs gained, despite that being the single positive point of the entire interview (we'll only pay you 30k/year, and we'll need you to come in at night, on weekends, and on holidays, but look at all these certs we'll pay you to get!).

The "training reimbursement" fees of 10k etc were clearly only there to keep someone who literally can't afford the fee in the job position, turning the entire endeavor into a going-nowhere indentured servitude. This company clearly doesn't care about its employees, their advancement, or their benefit to the company.

When a company doesn't see employee training as beneficial to the company, run.

When a company responds to high turnover by implementing indentured servitude instead of addressing the problems that cause the turnover, run.

Advice to Senior ManagementTidy up your interview tactics before someone comes in with a recording device and shuts you down.

Very Good Company with top notch software developers.

NOC Analyst (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsAll of there systems are new and adaptable to the users without any cumbersome "legacy" systems.

ConsCompensation is very low for what you are responsible to know. Analysts work bad hours and weekends
    and the higher tier analysts have very unpopular on call duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should consider hiring higher tier analyst for each shift and eliminate pushback from from the on call personnel back to the front line employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In have never worked for a company that is so open, dynamic, engaged and involved.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe culture and core values are something you see through employee interactions and decision making. Masergy truly lives and executes by these. Customer service is number one and it shows in our record breaking NPS score and industry recognition. Everyone is engaged and involved in driving the process and delivering the products and services. Partners, customers and employees are always first and transparency and accountability are the norm. Employee recognition and monthly engagement events are fun and rewarding. Benefits are great with day one eligibility and the PTO programs are awesome. Whats not to love? A retention rate of 88% and the fact that 74% of the staff have been here 5 years or longer says it all.

ConsKeeping up with the rapid growth and making sure we can scale up and productize new products or services. What a great problem to have!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO Luncheons, monthly lunch and learns and employee engagement activities are great. Thanks for doing this.

Smart tech company on the way up.

Global Account Management (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsSolid management, smart investments, great business model, good compensation and benefits...great people.

ConsToo Dallas-centric. I think the company has about five members of management outside of the corporate HQ.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that people outside of Texas need a career path.

too many politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

Prospay is decent and a good place to gain experience

Consmost of the people are nice, but there are some that are obnoxiously arrogant. also, politics galore.

Masergy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

Prosgood pay some great and nice people

Consthey do not let you know where you stand small company with lots of politics. No advancement opportunities due to size good ole boys run this co. they do a good job but shut others out

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair

My view of Masergy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

Proseveyone is very friendly and relaxed. Very casual atmosphere. Allowed to get creative and to do things I can't do at other jobs

ConsWay to many secrets and inter-office war-ing. people love to misdirect here. Secrets are common and things aren't shared with very well.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement needs to connect with the people more. some secrets are ok, but not everything needs to be wrapped in layers of tin foil.

Best company in the industry

GAM (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEverything works, it is easy to get things done, all our customers are happy and every single employee has a clear and focused mandate - every day.

ConsBEst kept secret in the industry - not a well know brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work - more of the same please...

Good benefits, bad culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery good benefits, including a nice yearly bonus & good healthcare package
    relaxed atmosphere

ConsPeople tend to get "let go" without warning.
    Management favors sales team above all. Yearly contest with trips to an exotic location is only open to sales force and people that the sales force works with. Any employee not in a department that deals with sales (network operations, for instance) has zero chance of winning.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more openly with employees. Stop talking about the "Masergy family" until you're willing to include everyone in the family, not just the sales jocks.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Masergy Communications? Contribute to the Community!