Masergy Communications

Updated February 20, 2015
Updated February 20, 2015
4.7

Chris MacFarland

The place for anyone who wants to further their knowledge in networking.

I have been working at Masergy Communications

Pros

Will with purpose goes a long way.

Cons

As with any position, preconceived notions.

Feb 21, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for your review. Would you like to share more about your preconceived notions so we can learn from your experience?

Great culture and great team

I have been working at Masergy Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment and flexible time with vacations days, great benefits and 401k match program..

Cons

Moderate training and onboarding.. everything is quite great and challenges are what you would expect

Feb 18, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for your review. We are deeply committed to continually improve our training and onboarding and will be adding personnel in July to help with this. HR would welcome any specific suggestions ... More

I love my job!

I have been working at Masergy Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work each day, even when my plate is past full. Never overly managed leaves me capability to do my best work knowing if I need my Manager, they are there. There is always opportunity to grow within my job and department. The office culture is positive & friendly.
    The benefits are excellent; giving a great work life balance.

Cons

Not much. Sometimes the work load can be overwhelming.

Feb 18, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Your comments validate what we hope to achieve with our work environment, management leadership, employee growth and culture. Even so, we are always looking for ways to improve our work place and ... More

Dynamic place to work !

Current Employee - Client Experience Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Client Experience Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Masergy Communications

Pros

Open communications, friendly atmosphere, knowledgeable and professional environment. Everyone from CEO down a pleasure to work with. Great work life balance. Pay, vacation, bonus, benefits are great! Best environment hands down of my career in telecom.

Cons

Havent come across any yet

Keep doing what you are doing, great values and emphasis on the individual and team life and work balance.

Feb 2, 2015Director, HR

Thanks for your review and comments! Great employees, great values and a dynamic culture is part of our DNA.

Review

I have been working at Masergy Communications

Pros

Dynamic company, rapid growth, amazing talent, great spirit of working together. Engineering company disrupting the telecommunications space. I'm given a great deal of autonomy, not micro-managed. I feel as though I'm running my own business, but have a dedicated team to rely on and help me overcome challenges. Great benefits. Fun group to work with. Good pay.

Cons

If you can't work on your own, my particular position would be extremely challenging. You must be a self starter. Challenging to keep pace with the technology as it moves so fast and everyone in the company is moving with it.

Keep doing what you are doing. This has been the best working experience of my professional career, especially in a communications company, which are so often wrought with bureaucracy and selfishness over collaboration and a having a common vision.

Feb 25, 2015Director, HR

We appreciate your comments and viewpoints! It is great to hear that you feel ownership in the company and in what you do. Team spirit and amazing talent go a long way in helping us stay ahead of our ... More

Huge growth. Prepare to be amazed. Own your role like it's your own business.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Masergy Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been in strategic data and IP sales and marketing positions for nearly 16 years and Masergy has what most company's aspire to be. Lot's of growth opportunity and up side.

Cons

Growing pains like any company experiencing double digit growth. The majority are in process documentation/flow; systems and training.

In order to win large Government and Fortune 100 accounts, you have to firm up channel strategy; process; documentation; product and marketing. Basically take it to a new level. Sure...you might get logo accounts for one off projects but the major deals could be leave you out on the street looking through a window at huge opportunities. You'll get there! Listen to the field. Especially those who have been in major roles and won multi million dollar contracts.

Jan 22, 2015Director, HR

Thank you for your review and comments. As you know Transparency is one of our Core Values and we will make sure the Executive Team receives your advice to management. Also reach out to HR to share ... More

Uncomfortable work environment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Masergy Communications

Pros

ungrateful, uncomfortable, rude, mean, unorganized

Cons

Unorganized, no procedures, the management and co-workers are rude and customers are obnoxious.

Take care of your customers, create procedures and meet SLA you promise to customers, make your employees work together to satisfy the customers instead of in isolated teams with lines between voice, data, routing and security groups.

Feb 19, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We obviously missed the mark during your stay with us! In order for us to take actions on your comments we would love you to expand or give specifics on your ... More

Excellent place to work and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Masergy Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Only one word is needed to describe the best thing about working here; Respect.

The company also strongly believes in being a generous and active member of the community by working with and helping several worthwhile organizations.

Cons

As with any rapidly growing company, there have been some growing pains. This has caused some short term issues, but the company works to resolve them as quickly as possible.
    Communication from middle mgmt down to the staff is sometimes lacking.

keep doing what you are doing. Its working

Dec 23, 2014Director, HR

Thanks for your review. The strong belief in "paying it forward" to our community comes straight from Chris MacFarland. "We are blessed to be such a successful company, and as such, we want to be as ... More

Review

I have been working at Masergy Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent overall Customer and Internal support. Leading Solutions and Applications to enable "companies" conduct their business in an efficient manner (ROI).

Cons

Not Applicable N/A (excellent company).

Dec 22, 2014Director, HR

Thank you for your review!

Awesome place to work!

I have been working at Masergy Communications

Pros

It's a collection of smart people in every department and that means collaboration and sharing of ideas. It's not about company politics it's about something few companies do well now -- taking care of your customers. Your whole focus here will be to provide better networks, better communications, and better service to the ones that matter the most. Do you hate how do get treated when you call your cell phone company, your electric service provider, etc? Well the art of customer service isn't quite dead, and here great ideas from great people mix to make a great experience for everyone involved.

Cons

So many cool things to do so little time in the day to do them. Probably the only real issue is they are growing so fast we're always looking for more office space. When we get some we absorb it start all over again.

Keep on doing what you're doing.

Dec 22, 2014Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is truly a pleasure to work where people love what they do, the people they work with and the company they work for! We currently have enough ... More

Masergy Communications Photos