Mashery Reviews

Reset
3.7
Mashery Co-Founder & CEO Oren Michels
Oren Michels

1. Best place I have worked at in years!!

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mashery full-time

Pros

- Excellent management team - Intel stock and benefits - Great product that works - Smartest people I have worked with in a long time, with intense customer focus and drive - Intel infrastructure with the culture and fun of a startup

Cons

- API management is an evolving space and you have to keep on top of what is going on in the industry to keep track of what is important to customers. You need to be willing to proactively learn and educate yourself.

Advice to Management

Mashery is an awesome place to work. Keep doing what you are doing, and we will stay the best in the business.

2. Awesome company, Hard Times after Acquisition

I worked at Mashery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pre-acquisition: the people from the CEO down were some of the brightest hard-working interesting people i've ever worked with. Bright vibrant culture. APIs are great to work with.

Cons

Post-acquisition: Intel is having a hard time keeping the people that make if so special and burdening the small organization with too many complex processes.

Advice to Management

Leave Mashery to do what it does best and try to keep the people. Process is fine but be mindful that it is a smaller organization.

3. Account Executive

I worked at Mashery full-time

Pros

The office is in San Francisco

Cons

-Sales Department had no leadership -lack of communication -no HR department -no culture -little value of employees

Used to be awesome, now is all Intel

I have been working at Mashery full-time

Pros

Great product that works Large customer base

Cons

Intel doesn't take care of its people (only the ones who have been there for 10+ years) There is zero company culture anymore Even pre-Intel, when you peel back the layers, everything inside was completely disorganized with bandaid fixes, particularly sales and marketing

6. I have never grown and learned so much at one company until I joined Mashery

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mashery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is super collaborative and leans heavily on you to make a lasting impact at the company.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

7. Going downhill

Pros

Great location in downtown SF, in theory unlimited vacation subject to manager approval.

Cons

Intel bought them for no clear reason, and is slowly killing Mashery with its massive corporate stupidity. Crappy facilities, like stained carpet, smelly bathrooms with ineffective ventilation.

Advice to Management

Product should never have migrated from PHP to Java, just a huge waste of money and time. PHP scales just fine (Facebook, Yahoo, duh) especially for a web proxy. Need clear direction and communication on where the product is going.

This is an amazing place to work.

Pros

Great people, cutting edge technology, industry leaders. What more could I want.

Cons

Every one is very strong so the bar is set very high.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Mashery has been an invaluable resource for experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mashery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Throughout my entire tenure here at Mashery I have never felt bored, disappointed or undervalued as an employee. -I have experienced constant personal and organizational growth. -Mashery was purchased by Intel in May of 2013 and, unlike most acquisitions, we have been for the most part independent and unaffected by the larger Intel umbrella. -We are an open-door organization. Anytime you have a question for someone on the leadership team you are encouraged to reach out directly and they respond quickly and encourage you to pop into their offices whenever they are free. -Great office locations in San Francisco, Boston and NYC

Cons

For certain roles within the organization there is a "hire from outside" mentality. It would be nice to see future talent acquisitions to happen from within since we house the brightest minds in API Management.

Advice to Management

Create programs for career exploration within the organization.

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Mashery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great pay, friendly people, smart driven, market leading product, not a ton of competition, great company vision - fully stocked kitchen, work from home when needed

Cons

not sure of the full scop of future direction since intel acquisition. Mashery is intelizing and don't know how much longer a lot of the executives who enforce the amazing culture and brand are going to stick around

The people, technology and market are all fun, smart and solid

I have been working at Mashery full-time

Pros

7 year old company that operates like a startup, but operationalizing into a true enterprise player. Excellent culture. Leadership not driven by butt-in-seat-hours, but get-stuff-done attitude, execution and results. Pay and benefits are very attractive.

Cons

At this stage, the company is no longer truly a startup despite it's spirit. Now that the company has been acquired by Intel, startup package stock grants are no longer on the table.

RSS Feed </> Embed