Masimo Reviews

Masimo Chairman & CEO Joe E. Kiani
Joe E. Kiani

1. It was a good stepping stone

I worked at Masimo

Pros

It was a good experience and you get to learn a lot from being in company like masimo

Cons

can be a little better in keeping a positive environment

2. Engineer

Former Employee - Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Masimo

Pros

Cool projects and cool technology.

Cons

Good multitasking skills are a MUST!

Not at all what you would have expected

I have been working at Masimo

Pros

Good products and technology with the potential to be exceptional.

Cons

Poor direction and leadership. If you are not an engineer do not expect to be heard or recognized for your accomplishments, but expect to be criticized and bullied by engineering management.

Advice to Management

Joe needs to get out of his office and walk around his departments, and talk to his employees to understand what is really going on in his company.

5. Just Bad, Bad, Bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Masimo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are located in sunny Irvine, California, close to plenty of better places to work. They do plenty of hiring.

Cons

They have to do plenty of hiring. Very, very old-fashioned type of management: Middle-Ages type of upper management.

Advice to Management

Come down from your invisible high horse. Don't treat your bright and enthusiastic employees like we live in a Dickens novel.

BE CAREFUL...You may think you

I worked at Masimo

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. This company offers 3 weeks vacation from the start, BUT there are 2 assigned weeks where one of your weeks must be taken during one of these two weeks (depending on department needs). Of course I was in a department that it didn't matter and I took my "forced" vacation spread out over time!

Cons

High expectations and LONG work hours! My manager wasn't even aware of many of the work tasks that I did! I thought I was doing a great job (even got the yearly bonus), but was surprised one day when I was given notice and I was outta there! I was totally surprised by this, but afterwards, was very glad that I was let go. So much less stress! As far as I know, there were no set review periods, but in all companies I've worked with in the past, there has always been yearly reviews - whether you're salaried or hourly! I was there for over a year and was never given a formal review. Hourly employees are definitely treated differently from salaried employees and aren't recognized/rewarded as the salaried employees are.

Advice to Management

You should have all managers give annual reviews! Or management should counsel their direct reports if they feel there is any performance issues!

Clinical Team

I have been working at Masimo full-time

Pros

I would truly questions the high rating reviews on here. If i could go back in time i would reconsider joining this organization. Believe me do your research talk to people before making any decisions.

Cons

SUPER high turn around rate. That being said, i will leave it up to you to judge how this organization treats its employees. Clinical team needs new management and restructuring. I cant believe how many unsatisfied employees there are in this company.

8. Absolutely Amazing

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Masimo (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started working for this company in March of 2015 in the Inside Sales position. I have had the opportunity to work for many firms in the past and this experience has been truly amazing. The management and staff here are very supportive in training their reps to get them where they need to be. SB especially goes above and beyond to make sure you have the training you need. The organization from top to bottom is a very transparent environment, that allows for growth with employees that deserve it. Masimo attracts some of the best talent and best people to work with in the world. My experience has been exceptional with this company.

Cons

None. This is the best organization I have honestly worked for. The bad reviews of this company are just ridiculous. It is most likely a competitors review.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the environment you have created in the office is perfect and the talent you have attracted is unmatchable.

9. One of the best companies I've worked at!

I have been working at Masimo full-time

Pros

I was terrified to join Masimo last year after reading some of these reviews, but I'm glad I listened to some of my friends who work there and joined them. Masimo has an extremely intelligent group of people at HQ, and all of them are professional. I've been at companies where people bicker back and forth (making meetings useless), but people at Masimo actually try to get work done during meetings. The majority of people that I've met really like it at Masimo, but I'm guessing your experience is largely based on the group you're in. I've heard great feedback from people in Quality, Engineering, and Marketing. I don't interface with other groups. It looks like a lot of the negative reviews come from Sales. Yes, there's a lot of work to do and it isn't for the faint-of-heart (meaning people who want a cushy job that doesn't require much effort). Lack of effort is noticed and rewarded accordingly. Personally, I like that since one lazy worker can demotivate an entire team. There's a lot of opportunity for the motivated.

Cons

One of your vacation weeks is assigned to you in August or December, and there are less holidays than other companies. The cons aren't about the work environment.

Advice to Management

Last year I was told that the forced vacation is because people work too much and need to be forced to take a break. Instead of forcing vacation during a specified period, perhaps consider just forcing people to take one week in a calendar year or lose it, and let them continue accruing the other weeks. As an alternative: One of my other companies also had a forced shut down but just gave a few additional days off (rather than taking it from someone's vacation bank). Great company, btw.

Masimo Response

May 5, 2015 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and giving your candid feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy working at Masimo. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the shutdown week ... More

10. One of the best companies I've worked at

I worked at Masimo full-time

Pros

This was one of the best teams I've worked with. Everyone had the same goals of quality work and friendly work atmosphere. I'd certainly come back.

Cons

Occasional long hours that could stretch weeks.

The worst company to work for...

I worked at Masimo

Pros

Fast paced, you can learn a lot but it comes at a very high price

Cons

Internal politics, unprofessional work environment, the worst company culture I've experienced in my 20 year medical device career. The organization is poisonous, the people that are still there want to leave but don't have a lot of other opportunities - basically they're stuck. If you are considering working for this company, make sure you speak to employees that left, they will be happy to share their experience. Pay attention to key functions like engineering, regulatory and marketing, the attrition rate is extremely high and they don't have any plans to make it better. HR department is very weak- its an engineering-run organization with 3 people taking orders from the CEO and the rest of the organization is told what to do. Also, recruiters refuse to work with Masimo, they know how bad it is to work there and the bad rep is known all over the Southern CA area. Do your research!

RSS Feed </> Embed