Masonicare
www.masonicare.org Wallingford, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Masonicare Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Stephen B. McPherson

Masonicare is a wonderful place to work!

RN Case Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Masonicare full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work schedule, family type culture, work/life balance, competitive salary. Leadership values it's field staff and the work we do.

ConsI don't feel there are any cons to speak of!

Ashlar Village Dining Room Staff

I have been working at Masonicare

ProsWork with great people
flexible hours

Consmanagement has no clue what they are doing

Advice to Senior Managementmore organization

Great place to work!

CNA (Current Employee)
Newtown, CT

I have been working at Masonicare part-time for more than a year

ProsThe benefits the company offers are great. As a whole, the company does show appreciation for employees. Beautiful campus.

ConsSometimes it feels like your concerns aren't being heard by your direct management team. In one ear and out the other.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time getting to know your employees on ALL shifts and hearing their concerns. It's hard to develop a rapport with someone you don't see on a daily basis.

Masonicare Director of Recruitment responded to this review

Dec 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for your commitment to the care of our Masonicare at Newtown patients and residents! Masonicare does value our employees and we love to hear that our employees can ... More

Great place to work!!

I have been working at Masonicare full-time for more than a year

ProsThe employees of Masonicare truly care for the residents and patients. I have never seen such a positive work environment. Leaving my previous job in "Corporate America" to come work for Masonicare was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

ConsTechnology is lagging a little but they're working on improving things.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for all the little things management does from the ice cream socials all the way up to the employee appreciation event! Keep it up, we appreciate it very much.

Nov 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is always nice to hear from newer employees that they feel they have made the right choice in joining the Masonicare family.

You will be more than just a number at Masonicare

I have been working at Masonicare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEmployees are treated like human beings. Contributions are recognized and appreciated. Most staff have a positive outlook and are helpful towards one another.

ConsTechnologically speaking, Masonicare would be considered highly advanced ... if we were located in Bangladesh. But the company is aware of the problem and is taking steps to bring us into the 21st century.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on ways to maintain and lift employee morale across all affiliates, clinical and non-clinical.

Wonderful organization I feel blessed to be a part of!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Masonicare part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe patients come first at Masonciare, bottom line. As a clinical employee I am proud of the level of care I am able to deliver on a daily basis and proud to work for an organization with such strong community ties as Masonicare. The organization's reputation speaks for itself. You will not find another company with as many long term staff - in many cases 20 years+!

ConsTheir IT department is slow to respond sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! This is a fantastic organization that I would have no problem putting my own parents in the care of.

Oct 10, 2013

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! It is passionate employees like you that make this organization great!

In regards to our staff longevity, we are actually hosting our annual Employee ... More

Lots of opportunity!

I have been working at Masonicare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI was afforded a lot of opportunities during my time at Masonicare. My hard work was recognized, and I was promoted. I was also regularly given more responsibilities. I worked for different levels of management, all with different management styles. My experience at Masonicare definitely prepared me for my next endeavor. Compensation is fair, and benefits are great. The environment at the Wallingford campus is fantastic - there is always something going on.

ConsSoftware is a little behind the times, but they're working on it.

Nov 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in being able to offer competitive salaries and industry leading benefits. In addition, our IT department is currently working on some very exciting ... More

Staff home care PT job means you'll be working for free--beware!

Staff Home Care PT (Current Employee)
East Lyme, CT

I have been working at Masonicare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company philosophy. Top, top management make a good show of reaching out to people in all types of jobs at the company.

ConsCompany philosophy does not trickle down to health care workers on the front lines. As staff PT you will have to meet quota regardless of hours you're actually being paid to work. In a huge driving territory (expect to drive 50-60 min between patients pretty regularly), that means you'll work many hours each week for free between visits, driving and computer paperwork. Look elsewhere if you want to get paid for the time you are actually putting into your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay less attention to the bottom line (supposed to be non-profit, right?) and care more about employees. They talk the talk but don't necessarily walk the walk.

Aug 28, 2013

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! We appreciate your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.

It is important to note that at Masonicare, homecare Physical ... More

Still the old boys club in upper management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Masonicare full-time

ProsThe caregiving staff is amazing to work with and the quality of care given is some of the best in the state.

ConsUpper management made up of mostly Masonic fraternity affiliated males. Don't expect to climb the ladder unless you are planning to join the fraternal order. Higher management females are often in nursing or marketing/sales and are hired for their appeal. History of laying off staff who have health issues and take leave even though it is a healthcare organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry doing 360 reviews. Many managers may have strong fraternal ties, but are poor managers of people.

Aug 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! We appreciate your positive recognition of our caregiving staff.

It is important to note that our current Executive Management team is made up of ... More

Masonicare is a great place to work!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Masonicare full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are great to work for, listen to what you have to say, and work with you to make you happy.

ConsParking is less then optimum, some managers are closed to ideas and opinions. Some floors are better than others as far as attitudes

Worked for Masonicare? Contribute to the Community!

Masonicare Videos

Masonicare – Why Work for Us?

Masonicare of Wallingford, Connecticut, is the state’s leading provider of healthcare and retirement living communities for seniors. We are not-for-profit and have more than 100 years of experience behind us. We’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Masonicare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Masonicare CEO Stephen B. McPherson. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Masonicare employees.