Masonicare

Updated February 24, 2015
Updated February 24, 2015
3.4

Stephen B. McPherson

Exceptional company to work for and truly the best in customer care for their residents, highest standards in every area

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Masonicare part-time (less than a year)

Pros

competitive wages, very friendly and warm atmosphere, stability in your position, room to advance, long lasting career positions, Compassionate and reassuring staff in all needs for the residents, a place where only the best for Mom will do

Cons

Keeping calm during stressful emergencies

very happy with management and company as a whole

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Masonicare

Pros

Good work-life balance.
    401k with employer match, even for per diem employees.
    Competitive wages.

Cons

High deductible benefit plan

Masonicare is a wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Masonicare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, family type culture, work/life balance, competitive salary. Leadership values it's field staff and the work we do.

Cons

I don't feel there are any cons to speak of!

Oct 29, 2014Director of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback! Keep up the good work!

Masonicare is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Masonicare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are great to work for, listen to what you have to say, and work with you to make you happy.

Cons

Parking is less then optimum, some managers are closed to ideas and opinions. Some floors are better than others as far as attitudes

A Culture That Promotes and Values the Employees!!

Current Employee - Human Resource Professional
    Current Employee - Human Resource Professional

I have been working at Masonicare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The number one reason of why I chose to work at Masonicare, started with the great interview process that I went through. Not only was the Recruitment team knowledgeable and welcoming but the managers that I met with who ultimately made the decision were informative and realistic. Once I got here then I got to see the environment which is all about Team Work and Customer Service both Internal and External!

Cons

Masonicare is always looking to improve and one of those things would be is the Technology which seems to be improving on a daily basis. Hats off to the IT Department for making great improvements.

The Management is doing a great job for creating a place that employees want to come too with Club 332, Employee Appreciation, and other informative and fun events! Thank you for being welcoming and making Masonicare a great place to work!

Nov 22, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! At Masonicare, we value our employees at every level, in every role throughout the organization. We know that our success is built on the backs of our employees. We are ... More

Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Masonicare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees of Masonicare truly care for the residents and patients. I have never seen such a positive work environment. Leaving my previous job in "Corporate America" to come work for Masonicare was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Cons

Technology is lagging a little but they're working on improving things.

Thanks for all the little things management does from the ice cream socials all the way up to the employee appreciation event! Keep it up, we appreciate it very much.

Nov 22, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is always nice to hear from newer employees that they feel they have made the right choice in joining the Masonicare family.

Lots of opportunity!

I have been working at Masonicare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was afforded a lot of opportunities during my time at Masonicare. My hard work was recognized, and I was promoted. I was also regularly given more responsibilities. I worked for different levels of management, all with different management styles. My experience at Masonicare definitely prepared me for my next endeavor. Compensation is fair, and benefits are great. The environment at the Wallingford campus is fantastic - there is always something going on.

Cons

Software is a little behind the times, but they're working on it.

Nov 22, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in being able to offer competitive salaries and industry leading benefits. In addition, our IT department is currently working on some very exciting ... More

Wonderful organization I feel blessed to be a part of!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Masonicare part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The patients come first at Masonciare, bottom line. As a clinical employee I am proud of the level of care I am able to deliver on a daily basis and proud to work for an organization with such strong community ties as Masonicare. The organization's reputation speaks for itself. You will not find another company with as many long term staff - in many cases 20 years+!

Cons

Their IT department is slow to respond sometimes.

Keep up the good work! This is a fantastic organization that I would have no problem putting my own parents in the care of.

Oct 10, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! It is passionate employees like you that make this organization great!

In regards to our staff longevity, we are actually hosting our annual Employee
    ... More

Patient's always were top priority.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Wallingford, CT
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Wallingford, CT

I worked at Masonicare part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nursing Supervisor, kind,excellent morals and values. Ongoing education, in-servicing frequently.Work-life balance could at times be not so balanced, as assignments change's were frequent according to patient need's. Loved teaching patients and family member's regarding illness/recovery. Hospice and palliative nursing excellent. The training in Wallingford was so much fun and really informative.

Cons

Small office, difficult at times to concentrate. Little to much backstabbing at times. However the supervisor had quick control of situation. Unfortunately at times some of the case manager's tended to hand off "the difficult patient's" to the lpn's very frequently. Also there was favortism among the home health aides. Many times the aides would say "well if the scheduler didn't like you for whatever reason you won't get the hours".

Just a thought....Before jumping the gun to terminate an employee, a meeting would be very helpful. Sometimes in life there is much more than meet's the eye. Instead of punitive action, question if the same issue's keep creeping backup. A little kindness goes a long way. I wish that had happened to me. I loved that job

Good company to work for

I worked at Masonicare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High morals, high customer and staff values

Cons

supervisors in other off site offices are horrible!