Masonite International

www.masonite.com

Masonite International Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Frederick J. Lynch

Great Leadership - Great Employees! You would want to work here!

ProsCompany Leadership truly leads by example...This makes employees want to follow. When Masonite first started out, it was family owned. The environment I work in feels like we are family.

ConsAs an employee, it is obvious that Masonite believes in balancing work and life, however I would like to see an improved vacation policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the new hire onboarding and training processes for the plants. Employees working in the plant need a better understanding of the benefits of working for Masonite.

It was a good job with alright money

Magline (Former Employee) Yulee, FL

ProsGet do new thing with making doors and how to make them

ConsDon't having the things you need to work with all the time made it hard to do ur job at times

Advice to Senior ManagementCould have been better

Constant layoffs have you looking over your shoulder.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a big company with benefits for those few who are lucky enough to get hired on full-time. If you can find a micro-climate to work in that has good leadership the job can be rewarding.

ConsThe only time a majority of the management team was engaged with the full-time employees was when they were laying them off. Mostly staff temporary employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive incentives. Make it a point to talk with your employees and value what they have to offer. Think about hiring more permanent employees and less temps, it will help the overall morale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Information technology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosthey are slowly improving their technology to make everything state-of-the-art. It's a growing process but they are succeeding.

Consmanagement decisions are really being driven by the vendors. Management seems to blame their employees when projects or technologies are not meeting standards as stated by the vendors.

Advice to Senior Managementif the existing I. T. Staff is not capable of being involved in technology decisions, then perhaps the staff should be replaced. They are the ones that have to make it work. By not involving them in the planning/acquisition stage, you put them in a hole to start when the technology is installed

Average for a production plant.

Line Operator (Former Employee) Jefferson City, TN

ProsDecent wage and benefits, fairly regular hours. Other workers are good people,, once they get to know you. Administration {for clerical, benefit, other info. and help} is very available and helpful.

ConsConstant exposure to wood dust. Fairly high noise level. Once assigned to an area, a worker rarely leaves to other positions. Training is poor, it is more hit the ground running, some jobs around some machines need some dedicated training time allotted.

Worked for a few weeks in Haleyville Al. plant rude employees,very little supervision.

Stacker (Former Employee) Haleyville, AL

ProsThe best thing is you get a check on friday.This job should only be a place to work if in between jobs.

ConsYou are hired as a temp,by a temp company so they don't have to give any benefits,no holiday pay,no insurance, 9 bucks an hr and .25 cent raise after one year. No incentive to work hard!
    They don't even have the decency to tell you you zre working over until quitting time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want employees that work harder,stay longer ,and pzy more detail to quality,give them a decent wage,offer them insurance and benefits such as holiday pay and have enough respect to give them a little notice when they work overtime,

Decent Benefits, Good Culture with some instability

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI loved the team atmosphere here. I had a particularly great manager that was there for any assistance, but more importantly helped develop us as employees. Corporate was generally transparent and offered us praise on jobs well done. Very good health care options.

ConsMasonite goes through bouts of instability, firing anyone in their path to change direction. This happened right before I started in 2010, and right after I left two years later. Great people with proven results were let go, most likely to bring in lower salary employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you commit to us, we'll commit to you. Decide in a direction and stick with it.

Do not work in HR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGain experience in Multi state activities / union and non union

ConsYou were expected to LIVE for the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house from the top down. It seems that HR was the only department that had major staffing problems. If you look at turnover in HR for 2011 and 2012, ALL management resigned and half of the staff resigned.

enjoyed the first 9 years of my employment then it went down hill fast.

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Kirkwood, NY

Prosexcellent pay for this area. loved the job that I had just not the management.

Consbad choice in management. worked almost every weekend and 10 hours during the week

Advice to Senior Managementhad issues with GM manager talked to VP about my issues but nothing was done about it. Then I was fired.

TSM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTop level management, great training, great benefits and salary

ConsOn the road quite a bit

Worked for Masonite International? Contribute to the Community!