Mass Connections

www.massconnections.com

Mass Connections Reviews

2.5

Caroline Cotten Nakken

good

Former Employee - Retail Demonstrator in Homestead, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Demonstrator in Homestead, FL

I worked at Mass Connections as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Hours were convient and enjoying work with public. Pay was also great.

Cons

Not enought hours to work.

No management advice.

It was an ok place to work for.

Former Employee - Call Center in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Mass Connections

Pros

reasonable hours, not too much micro-management. Great workplace for females.

Cons

if you are not female, upward mobility is more difficult

Thanks for an ok time

Pay Slow

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mass Connections

Pros

It's a great way to start earning extra money but the market is overcrowded and it's hard to get a job on the website. Most of the jobs are taken within 2 hours and they post at 3am in the morning so you have to set your alarm and get up early.

Cons

You can never reach anyone by phone to talk with about payment problems, etc. They just pass you off to someone else who doesn't pick up the phone or they hang up on you.

Management needs to listen to their help. We do a great job for the company but they pay late and refuse to talk to their help. It's definitely a closed knit business and they need to get more clients so they can stay in business. Their help would be happy to serve as recruiters throughout the US but they will not take in any suggestions.

Greatest Part-Time Job Around

Current Employee - Mass Connector in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Mass Connector in Miami, FL

I have been working at Mass Connections

Pros

Mass Connections is hands down the best in the industry of product promotions. As such, the employees are selected for their competence and treated with high respect. The job is extremely convenient, flexible, consistent, and pays extremely well.

Cons

Working as a Mass Connector does not involve much contact with coworkers and nearly no contact with management as the company is very internet based and run. This means that much of the responsibility falls on the connector and thus the start can be a little rough. When traffic is low at the event location, the job can become rather dull.

I would suggest that Mass Connections be more aggressive in finding clients in order to increase the number of events as well as set up a system similar to the Super Target locations in which basic equipment is on site.

MASS CONNECTIONS PAYS EMPLOYEES PAST 30 DAYS PLUS.

Current Employee - Event Demonstrator in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Event Demonstrator in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Mass Connections

Pros

Pay is very good and the job is flexible.

Cons

Payroll checks take 30, 45 and 50 days after the event took place. This makes it hard for people to pay their bills. Nothing but excuses about this situation. When emailing management concerns they respond with only yes or no answers. No answer is ever detailed and the question mostly goes unanswered.

This is no way to conduct a business. Your employees bring food to your table and you should help them get their questions asked and most importantly GET PAID.

Small, family-owned company acting like a giant corporate entity.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Mass Connections

Pros

Good for new workers joining the work force for the first time. Easy to gain broad exposure to a niche market. Company likes to promote from within (regardless of qualifications). Good attention to communicating company operations and how each job fits within that framework.

Cons

Family owned business with all the drama and bizarre decision making that entails. Scatter shot strategies and poor understanding of what is supposed to be their core competency (marketing). ISO certification standards create an atmosphere of bureaucracy which is completely at odds with leaderships desire to be innovative and progressive. Strongly litigious environment.

Listen to your in-house experts and be willing to hear and listen to negative feedback.

My thoughts of the company

Current Employee - Mass Connector
    Current Employee - Mass Connector

I have been working at Mass Connections

Pros

When they were getting alot of contracts i was getting a decent amount of places to work at under them.

Cons

Well they haven't had any contracts in my area and seen Cross Mark and Sunflower staffing more in my stores doing events.

Find out what your competing companies are and how you can take back you contracts and get new ones that may have stole from you.

Demos in grocery stores

Former Employee - Demo Representative
    Former Employee - Demo Representative

I worked at Mass Connections

Pros

Variety of Demos in grocery stores; talking to and meeting new people. Inconsistent work times.

Cons

Very slow pay up to 7 weeks. Calling the office pertaining to payroll I was given the run around it made me blackllisted. No extra bonus for gas money even if it had been offered over the phone.

Listen to employees with suggestions to improve. Review your payment system; be respectful....most individuals can't wait for several weeks for pay.

Good until the end....

I worked at Mass Connections

Pros

Pay was higher than other similar companies.

Cons

No online submission of paperwork like some of the MS companies I work with, loss of events (Walmart & Target) towards the end... lost paperwork on occasion.

Offer more $ on the card for swipe in/out... candy costs more than that these days!