Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership

5 reviews filtered by
3.7
Nancy Lane
1 Rating

1. Fantastic company, feels like family - mission driven and effective.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Given every opportunity for success, with plenty of mentors and creative assignments. Our client population is huge as is our impact.

Cons

Normal drawbacks of an office environment, technology is adequate but not impressive. Employees are typically older and less tech savvy

Off site team building

2. Mismanaged

Former Employee - Data Entry/Claims Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Data Entry/Claims Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, dress-code, flex schedules . When there was a company-wide problem, ie dissatisfaction with benefits there were company wide meeting to resolve these issues.

Cons

Experienced a lot of mismanagement while I was there, there were many interdepartmental, issues between employees and manegers that werent properly handled, unfairness, overzealous micromanagement,some favoriteism, I was never able to get a promotion in, or outside of my department, low morale the 14 years I was there, In my department.- Note that I am only speaking of the department i was working in-Claims/Operations.
    Very low salary ( in this department).

Company was in-and-out of Health plans, at times they chose plans that were very inappropriate, there was an employee who had some hospitalizations and was ending working just to pay off these fees

Listen to and work with employees for more managing effectiveness

3. Being able to provide assist to consumers living with Mental Health and Substance Abuse.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Good work life balance.

Cons

Being micro-managed. Management doesn't encourage growth or development across the board with all employees. Very political.

.Stop the politics.

5. The Company Sucks

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Work Schedule, Easy commute, Culture, Age Levels, lots of updates

Cons

Having to deal with coworkers Swearing and cursing.

6. Great place to work

Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Boston, MA

Pros

I worked at MBHP for over 10 years and thought it was a great place to work. Senior Managers and leaders took the time to know and respect all the workers and went out of their way to make sure that everyone felt that they were valued and heard.

Cons

The employee health care plan is shameful for a healthcare organization. MBHP is part of a national organization so the local office does not have a choice in what is dictated. It's a high deductible then it's an 80/20 payment mix.