Massage Envy

Updated March 2, 2015
Updated March 2, 2015
2.9

Dave Crisalli

Pros
  • Flexible schedule at Casa Linda's location because they try to accommodate to your school schedule (in 47 reviews)

• The only pro would be the discounted massages and discounted Murad products (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Since massages are back to back there is no room for error in time management (in 18 reviews)

• no benefits, not a long-term job, low hourly rate for pay & big employee turnover rate (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

very rewarding job, being able to help people brings such joy.

Current Employee - ACA in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - ACA in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

being able to help people, watching there whole demeanor change after a massage whether there experience stress relief or pain relief. every days a good day.

Cons

Sometime customers dislike companies policy's like cancellations fees, etc.

great

I worked at Massage Envy

Pros

good co workers good money

Cons

none great place to work good people

great

Great concept, Great Massages.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved my job at Massage Envy, I enjoyed interacting with the massage therapists as well as the guests. We had a lot of really nice people that belonged to massage envy that I saw on a require basis.

Cons

Management was terrible. The Therapists and front staff do not communicate nor get along very well and there is no one in management that is trying to resolve this issue.

The therapists need the receptionists to book all of their appointments where as the receptionists need the therapists to have something to book. Its that simple everyone works together as a team.

I love how dedicated ME is to customer service and ensuring that their guests leave satisfied!

Current Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate

Pros

Benefits
    Discounts
    Commission
    Schedule flexibility
    Good franchise

Cons

Selling memberships
    Being pushy about selling

Great Company

Current Employee - Clinic Manager
    Current Employee - Clinic Manager

I have been working at Massage Envy

Pros

Massage Envy is a very energetic and positive brand with the main concern being making the guest happy and for them to have a good experience.

Cons

If you are not working for a good franchisee, you will not have a good experience. It is hard to keep a good staff on because of the low pay.

I worked here for many years, with great advancement

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable work, decent pay, steady clientele if you are a Massage Therapist, very busy clinic

Cons

Hard to get Massage Therapists, sometimes hard to please all clients

Massage Therapists like to be involved and talked to professionally. If you treat them like a human and not just a worker, they will respect you and follow you.

Think of it as a job stop, to a long career.

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Massage Envy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A great first job as a newly licensed therapist. Awesome position to craft your customer service skills. Growth in the company is limited, unless your willing and able to be content with the company. Also, a promising place to own your craft, sharpen your techniques to maximize your experience as a massage therapist.

Cons

Promotions are reserved, but the leadership you seek is in the wrong position. Time-off and the process of requesting time-off, is reserved for those who have fought favor from the owner of this company. Beware and be aware of the lack of professionalism (starting a massage on time and ending a massage on time). Your appearance is subject to mood swings (only certain therapist can get away with not being to code and conduct). Leadership is hard to understand, due to frequent hiring and firing.

Enjoy your job, because your 15 mins. of employment is short and swift.

All About Sales

I have been working at Massage Envy

Pros

Steady job, not hard if you know how to be a salesman, good people, flexible with hours.

Cons

It's all about getting the owner money, the commission is low so is the starting pay, it's hard to get raises, no moving up in the company.

Give your employees the proper commission and bonus, they try way to hard to make sure you get your bonuses, you should give them more credit

Really wasn't that bad

Former Employee - Massage Therapist/Esthetician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist/Esthetician in Boston, MA

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They supply everything for you, choose your hours, great compensation for products sold, paid hourly to sit there without clients, clients always came back, clean work environment

Cons

Long busy days, management played favorites, pay could have been higher but it wasn't too bad, towards the end a lot of employees started breaking rules and fighting and gossiping and nothing was done until the good therapists had enough and left.

Don't play favorites and actually follow through on warnings or disciplinary actions, that's the whole reason our location fell apart within months. I loved working there but I will not stand for letting other therapists not get in trouble for deplorable practices, mold, and blatant favoritism.

Experience will largely depend on upper management

Current Employee - Clinic Administrator
    Current Employee - Clinic Administrator

I have been working at Massage Envy (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best parts of the job, at least in my experience, are that my location has a great franchisee who truly cares about the upper management staff and wants us to gain as much working experience that can be applied outside of this job.

Cons

The culture can become toxic very quickly and the pay does not match the job requirements at least for starting front desk associates. Also they can expect a great deal of hours from front desk staff that, again, do not match up with the starting pay.

Peek your head out of the office and connect with your front desk staff; so many misunderstandings could be avoided if you let go of a little of power hungry ways and tried to connect.