Massage Envy

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
2.9

Dave Crisalli

Pros
  • Flexible schedule at Casa Linda's location because they try to accommodate to your school schedule (in 44 reviews)

• The only pro would be the discounted massages and discounted Murad products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Since massages are back to back there is no room for error in time management (in 18 reviews)

• no benefits, not a long-term job, low hourly rate for pay & big employee turnover rate (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Employed for 8 years and due to great owners would not imagine leaving

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Get to make my own hours. Front desk are willing to book me and work with my schedule to utilize time efficiently. I get rewarded when I go treat my clients above and beyond. The dedication most of the clients have is stronger compared to having my own independent business. We get 401k with match. There are plenty of add ons and upgrades you can sell to increase your wage. The yearly reviews are easy to meet and achieve a max of $1 raise every year if you just do your job. You get $150 reimbursed for CEU's that are used at the clinic.

Cons

You need to follow their rules it is not your business. I do not mind making sure the room is the same when I leave as I arrived, however some of my coworkers do not act the same. Due to the low pricing some new clients may not tip but those that have been dedicated for years make up for it. you have to give 30 days notice to take time off. Although there are benefits you have to meet a minimum number of hours weekly and its more of a discount plan not full coverage.

Try to remember that therapists are what bring the clients in and bring them back. Providing CEU's helps us to maintain and increase the skills offered to your location.

Fun

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staying Busy, great coworkers, Management is great compared to other massage envy's that i've worked for. They offer C.E.U.' s for training. Helps you your own clientele, flexible schedule's, and you are constantly strengthen your customer service skills and experience. great place for new graduates to start out.

Cons

Sometimes you get overbooked, or have gossipy therapist, therapist who feel the need to compete when your main goal is to help others. Lead therapist who think they're the boss of everyone. They should outline the job description of a lead therapist so that they stay in that role and not try to be more than what they are.There are times when the front desk doesn't do their job like have guests files in the therapist folder when its time for a therapist to pick up their guest. Also, sometimes the front desk doesn't check in the guest or takes too long pre-chatting their prospects.

Really , I have not much advice to management other than to say that i work for an excellent team and to keep up the great work. To also remember that they create the environment for the rest of us. Stay positive!

Love it !

Current Employee - Assistant Clinic Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Clinic Administrator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reason is because I actually enjoy clocking into work. The work relationships I have set with the employees I manage are exceptional.

Cons

The hours of working until 10 pm

stricter with learning the script

Wonderful employees, could pay more.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were fantastic. There were only a couple of bad seeds in the bunch, and they were weeded out swiftly.
    The work, itself, can be rewarding in all the people you meet.
    Many incentives to make more money.
    Well taken care of by owner.

Cons

The pay could have been much better for the workload.
    Discounts on services could have definitely been better; like, free.

It was so-so

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work with great people. Decent pay for all the work. Some of the regular client's were great.

Cons

Each Massage Envy is independently-owned, the owner had no idea what she was doing. No chance of advancing. Management was completely disorganized and unprofessional and would treat you like crap.

Treating your employees like human beings will get you far.

Ok to work for

Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you're a young girl and don't mind spending the most of your time here then this is for you.

Cons

It's not easy to sell a membership. The don't pay the commission if you get 30 sales but don't close at the right closing percentage. It's not ideal to work your butt off and not get the money you deserve. Otherwise $9-10/hour it not enough to survive off of. The clinic administrator isn't able to do anything without it being approved by the bigger boss. What the point of having the CA there then?

Let managers do their job or do it yourself and change the CA's position. Jesus lord!!!!

It's an ok company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and guaranteed hours.

Cons

No benefits and constantly unappreciated.

Appreciate the employees some more, give more incentives and better hourly pays. You can't really move up the ladder in this company.

Decent Company to work for

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's always busy. They do a lot of advertising and have a very large clientele base. Flexible work schedule and a cheerful environment for the most part.

Cons

Low pay without much opportunity to receive raises.

More of a corporate structure for a yearly raise.

Know your owner!

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You are in an industry helping people with pain and stress. Tight knit family-like atmosphere with fellow employees. Excellent training for all positions. The corporate office is supportive and sharp. If you find an owner that believes employees are something to appreciate, nurture and respect, I can highly recommend.

Cons

There are too many owners that are greedy, selfish and dishonest, downright evil in some cases with no morals. You are encouraged to manipulate the "rules" to the owners favor without considering the employee, and client and what is moral or ethical.

Fulfilling place to work

I have been working at Massage Envy

Pros

Ability to learn a lot and grow professionally

Cons

Not a lot of creativity allowed since this is a franchised company