Massage Green

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
2.9

Allie Mallad

There is so much room to grow in this company!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chino, CA

I have been working at Massage Green full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexable, Pay is decient, Clients are wonderful. It seems to me it's almost the same benifits of being a independent contractor with the same benifits and safty net of being an employee.

Cons

Other Employees are not the greatest, as long as you don't let them get to you, you'll be fine. They eventyally get used to you and then they come around.

They should have more then one DM for CA, there are a lot of stores and it's too much for one person to handle.

A fun, fast pace company with room for promotions

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Massage Green full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great hours, fun environment, good people, pay can be good, flexible

Cons

No payed vacations, always busy! Be ready to work. Work with management to make sure the front and back of house are always on the same page

I understand it can be hard to find good employees, but always remember to reward the ones that reward the business with great customer service and hard work!

Massage Sweat Shop

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Troy, MI

I worked at Massage Green full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The prices are fairly in-expensive, so clients are not to hard to come by and there is a good tendency of returning clientele. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

The pay is in either or style. you either get paid hourly or on commission based on which ever is higher, which is not all that bad except that they will do what ever it takes to work you as many hours as they can with staying under the commission levels and they also use this as a reason to force you to clean. Now I don't mind cleaning but when I am told that my job, as a therapist is to"tend to client need and clean up after myself", that's fine. Then they add that it technically is your duty to also clean the break room, bathroom, hallway, all massage rooms, front desk and reception area. All while the front desk attendance (who actually are being paid hourly at a higher rate) job is to watch the phone and greet clients. There is also an issue with their employment in the fact that they really do hire every one and any one. This leads to lack of knowledge or experience, lack of cooperation/ communication between and theft.

Honestly i could go on but we'll leave it at that... for now

Learn the laws for massage before telling therapist what they can and can't do.

I had a good experience here.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, MI

I worked at Massage Green full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get discounts on massages. I loved the relaxing environment.

Cons

No benefits. The pay could've been better. High turnover rate.

Hire enough people. Offer benefits.

Manager

I have been working at Massage Green full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been working at Massage Green now for over a year. The model is great and so is the company. Of course you will have horrible reviews but all that I have read are definitely not my experience! I was horrified about the one with no toilet paper and supplies but that just means you have a bad/lazy manager not a bad company to work for. I personally never let that happen. The hours are long yes but if you want to run your store properly and actually care about your job and earn your bonus you need to be there to do that! The pay is good especially because this is an easy job even for being a manager. The corporate events that someone wanted to be paid for gas....did they mention that the ceo gave out tons of money and prizes at that event? He seems like he tries to give back which is nice. I believe there is opportunity to move up in the company as long as you show hard work which i plan on continuously doing.

Cons

Dealing with bad therapists. For a busy store you have to manage 20+ therapists who probably are the ones saying these horrible things. Do they mention that they call off or just don't show up and they aren't not being paid in the back when there is down time they either get paid per massage or per hour at min.wage whichever is higher. But some choose to just sit in the back and do nothing and don't want to help and complain when its busy and complain when its slow! Sometimes there is down time so yes they are expected to keep up with the cleanliness of the spa but so is front desk and management. Don't listen to the bad reviews. Every work place has its pros and cons but its what you make of it.

Benefits would be great! Bonuses for therapists for the hard working ones, they really deserve it.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Massage Green full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Corporate of this Company is very hands on and accessible. It is refreshing as a Manager to have Corporate so involved in your store vs. strictly reporting to them. I started off with a lower pay but once I had proven my skills, numbers and loyalty I received a raise. They also have an obtainable bonus structure, if you work hard you can easily bonus hundreds of dollars each pay check. The Therapists and Clients make the job rewarding by seeing first hand what massage does for a clients body and spirit.

Cons

The only Con I have is working 45 hours vs. 40. Those 5 extra hours would free up a lot of time for me to get stuff accomplished on the home front.

Consider going down to a 40 hour work week, we would still be able to get all our job duties accomplished.

Great business model ruined by poor management

I worked at Massage Green

Pros

Employee discounts on massages, but only at the location you work at. Awesome clientèle and massage therapists.

Cons

You're expected to clock out for a lunch, but still work through it. Tips would "go missing" or be distributed to the wrong therapist. Favoritism plays a huge part in poor management- this could affect your hours, if you're a therapist your bookings, and if you'd like to request time off. Not to mention.. The pay. Pursue other employment opportunities because you'll just be a part of the ever so high turn over rate, unless a miracle happens causing management to dramatically improve.

Hire QUALIFIED and COMPETENT individuals for management positions. Your upper management employees lack business writing skills, as well as the most important skills needed in the business- communication with clients/staff and organizational skills. Also, the marketing staff has a lot of room for improvement. Signage and business cards and mailers.. The usual. Errors included- misspellings and incorrect phone numbers... So unprofessional.

Your business needs to find a way to decrease the turnover rate. Your clients notice and comment on it... and they are not compliments.

Great concept. Too bad they ruined it with stupidity.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Massage Green

Pros

Its a job. Is it too much to ask for respect and professionalism?

Cons

The therapists (the backbone of the business) are treated like children. We are asked to clean daily (including standing on wobbly chairs and cleaning baseboards). We are told to stop "whining to corporate" about the unprofessionism. They have broken numerous labor codes. We are made to wait for hours woth no sppointments and our phones sre taken away during our shift (that we don't get paid for) . Need I go on?

Your employees have rights. Look it up when you're not on YOUR cell phone. Take a business class. Leave your personal problems at home.

The therapists are great, the cooperate/business side of it not at all.

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Massage Green full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The therapists are well trained in their field and love being a therapist

Cons

The therapists are completely taken advantage of. Raises dont ever happen. Therapists do not make what they should at all. Benefits are not offered for full time employees. Ridiculous new rules are introduced all the time. The general manager, at least at my store, is very gossipy and unprofessional. Therapists are in no way appreciated. They also do not advertise enough so client flow is incredibly unsteady. They also expect therapists to do clinic cleaning duties on the down time that they are not getting paid for.

Focus on your therapists more. Offer benefits, raises, opportunities to grow. Happy therapists will create a happier business. Higher more professional managers and front desk people. And have more than just one front desk on duty at a time. Especially on busy days when multiple clients are checking in/out.

Greedy owner

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Corona, CA

I worked at Massage Green part-time

Pros

Sheets and music and oil provided.

Cons

No being booked.making us clean. Stealing tips.