Massage Heights

Updated March 6, 2015
Updated March 6, 2015
3.1

CEO

Pros
  • Immediate client base, materials provided, training provided, commission, great co-workers, tips, great locations, beautiful facilities (in 3 reviews)

• Amazing retreat director at the Brookhaven location who encourages you to grow and wants you (and the team) to succeed (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay structure (especially for therapists) (in 5 reviews)

• There seems to be a lot of drama (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Love what I do and who I work for!

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Coralville, IA
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Coralville, IA

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Location- Massage Heights in Coralville is located in the heart of the Iowa River Landing. Tons of new businesses opening which equals to more clientele
    Team- We work with a diverse group of therapists that support each other and learn from each other.
    Wages- Make $30-$40 an hour
    Supplies- Everything from lotions to linens and much more in between is provided
    Management- Treats you with respect and supports you as a person and helps you continue to grow in your career

Cons

Business is growing so we need more therapists

I have been with Massage Heights for almost four years and I must admit it's been a wonderful experience.

Current Employee - Retreat Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retreat Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Great coworkers
    The owners and management really care about their employees

Cons

None because everything is what you make it. If you have a positive outlook then you will get nothing but positive back.

Keep up the good work!!!

Great company

Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Massage Heights

Pros

Good culture, relaxing, wellness, massage, soothing

Cons

Poor management, petty, friendliness, pay, bonuses

Overall friendly

Outstanding company with incredible core values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company is based on incredible core values which is important to me! I have been with them a little over five years and would not consider changing to anyone else. It is a company who cares about touching peoples lives both their customers and the people who work for them.

Cons

I honestly have no cons they provide excellent ongoing training, opportunity to advance, the sky is the limit if you have a good work ethic and commitment!

Keep up the good work!

Great Great Great !!!!!

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management staff is always available to listen, teach, review and just make your day go smooth. Everyone pitches in to form a great team.

Cons

I really can't think of any

Keep doing what you are doing. It working and I appreciate it !!!

Owner of Massage Heights Panther Creek

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Massage Heights

Pros

I have been reading the Massage Heights reviews and wanted to advise everyone that all locations are individually owned and of course there are 2 sides to every scenario. I an assure you at Massage Heights Panther Creek you will find we offer a career where family comes first, performance is measured by healing success stories, reviews and your healing touch as well as a place where you are appreciated and praised based on your ability to elevate someone's day with your knowledge and compassion and healing touch vs selling and numbers. We are all a close family unit at our retreat and take pride in our relationships and the excellent morale in our retreat. If you tour our retreat you will find the back goal board does not list numbers but is full of praise and member/guest reviews and our LMT's are incentivised on those praised experiences. Please take the opportunity to explore our opportunities and meet with me personally to determine for yourself how we may be the home away from you are looking for. Thank you, Bobbie Cobb, owner/operator.

Cons

Not enough LMT's to take care of all of our massage requests

Most depressing job I've had

Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant in Friendswood, TX
    Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant in Friendswood, TX

I worked at Massage Heights

Pros

You do get commission, though it is barely anything. You get free massages as well even if you aren't a masseuse.

Cons

No breaks, no real salary, no days off and your commission is literally one cent of every dollar you sell. You are always easily dispensible. Every person I met working there was either fired or left because the work environment was so bad. Not one person lasted more than 6 months out of over 30 people!!

Treat your employees with respect, not as serfs there to serve you.

Have never had a worse experience.

Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Massage Heights part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It smells nice and the clients are amazing. The company philosophy is wonderful.

Cons

Atlanta: Management is a joke. Money is terrible, which would be have been okay if management wasn't so angry all the time. I know that every franchise is different, but if you are looking in Atlanta, watch out. Buckhead and Brookhaven? You will regret it. Dix Hills? Don't do it. Management doesn't get along and the owners are mean. Share any personal information with ANYONE. They are DIRTY IN ATLANTA. All the stores talk, even when they say they don't. Trust no one. Atlanta is a discrace to the Massage Heights brand. Massage Hieghts is a beautiful company. However, I can't emphasize enough that any store in Atlanta will make you miserable.

Stop taking your negativity out on your employees. It's a great company with great clients, but if you're hateful to everyone you hire you won't have any quality employees. Oh, and when people come to blows in the breakroom, they should be fired.

Good place to start

Current Employee - LMT in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - LMT in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have tons of clients with all sorts of different things going on, so you get great experience very quickly dealing with lots of different issues.
    Booked pretty regularly.
    Easy to get time off if needed.
    Flexible with schedules.

Cons

Therapists don't get paid enough for each massage.
    Tips are usually based on the super discounted price for the massage instead of 'market value'.
    Micromanaged corporate instructed massages
    Overbooked - expected to perform 5-7 hours of massage a day 5 days a week, sometimes doing 4 hours in a row.
    Responsible for all of the laundry - sheets, blankets, towels, etc. And when you aren't massaging, you aren't getting paid. Don't let the confusing pay mess you up. You make $8 an hour or $15 per massage, which ever is greater at the end of the day.

Pay your therapists more. Allow them to use better lotions than the MH crap. Also allow the use of oil!!!! And don't expect your therapists to kill themselves by doing that many hours of massage in one day.

working there

Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Massage Heights full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discounted massage rates. Discount on products.

Cons

Not good pay, no benefits, poor management