Massey Services

Massey Services Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overall good company with old school mentality. Good support.

Anonymous Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe commercial division offerred extensive training for the sales position; including ride alongs with the technicians. Allowing you to understand all aspects for the role.

ConsVery old school. They were still using carbon copy contracts for their customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to change.

Long hours, low pay, unrealistic abd demanding expectations

Technician (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsInsurance is good, but they underpay you, so your really paying alot for insurance and will have very little take home pay.

ConsLow wages, high work load, very high turnover which adds to your work load. You will always end up working Saturdays. Severe micro management. If you are in sales you are set up to fail and are on a draw with unrealistic quotas, you will have to suck every last dollar from your customers to stay afloat on a rapidly sinking ship. I give them 4 more years in Texas tops.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees right, pay them right, and everything else will fall into place. People are not stupid and will figure out very fast what they are told when they are hired is just a bunch a fluff to get you in the door, nothing is worth that hassle.

Overworked and understaffed. Very disorganized Plano office. Nice people, they just need some corporate help.

Pest (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsStaff, company truck. Route freedom.

ConsLong hours and low pay. Unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to Middle management more and try to think more about the customer instead of the dollar.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Benefits

Software Development (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosthe Company Benefits are good.

ConsThe Management needs to be trained with personal skills or interacting skills with the subordinates.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange of Attitude

Bull S***

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1 hour lunch break is great but I really hated the entire process of working there and with Massey

Consterrible boyscout management that promotes only jerks

Advice to Senior ManagementSwitch it up

It's Like a Cult

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you like the cozy environment of a small town, where everyone is into everybody else's business, then you will love working for Massey.

ConsLow pay. Gossip everywhere. Small minds. Micromanagement at its worst.

run far away - sales inspectors

Sales Inspector (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good.
    Company car
    Uniforms even though you pay $6 a check.

ConsThe pay is horrible. Work 55 plus hours a week end up making about $8 an hour.
    No Saturdays off, even though they tell you every other.
    They pretty much sell you the dream to get you to come on board.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company turnover rate is ridiculous, your employees are miserable.

Re-Inspector

Re-inspector (Current Employee) Windermere, FL

ProsWork truck to drive home. Company Gas Card for work vehicle. Great health insurance.

ConsExtremely Long Hours! 55 Hours a week minimum, Not including Saturday when you're there from 7 :15 until 3. No incentive to do a good job. Everything is based upon a percentage of the level of service and that particular customer's annual pay. Spend an hour at a guys house to do an inspection and get paid $2.1 for an hours worth of service because you receive 1.75% of a $120 annual renewal... and im supposed to do a good job?!?! I'm supposed to uphold a certain level of service?!?! You're out of your Gord! and when you ask management, they say "Sell more. Sell More". yes, you do get 10% of that sale, but if they don't want to buy, then you're stuck with that $2.1 because people don't wake up in the morning and think "I'm going to go ahead and drop $450 on some product sprayed in my attic." Even if it does protect for 25 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlat rate pay with Tangible pay. In other words so it can't get misconstrued, pay your re-inspectors well so they have an incentive to do a good job. $36,000 a year for this job isn't a bad way to start to improve the conditions in what essentially amounts to a health care company (Everyone paying in and little money getting pulled out).

Good and Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPossibility for advancement if you stay for years and years. You can move up, but you'll definitely earn it. Treats customer right. Certain positions are good or decent. Some are pure hell.

ConsLow pay for activity required. Long hours. Procedures and nitpicking paperwork will drown you. Closer you are to central offices the better it is, the farther from HQ the more dysfunctional.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people salaries up front. Suckering people in by making them do tech work or sales before moving to manager is fine for learning the company but sucks when you get committed and then low balled when moved to manager. Service Managers put in the longest hours for the least pay. All of them are burnt out.

Excellent opportunities for advancement with a growing company

General Manager (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsGood training, advancement, stability, job security, benefits, company vehicle, challenging interesting work. It's like owning your own business within a business, the opportunities are here for those willing to work for them.

ConsNone, this is not a company for someone afraid of hard work or a person who just wants a job and not a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expanding our company!

Worked for Massey Services? Contribute to the Community!