Master's College and Seminary

Add Photos

Christian work place

Catering (Former Employee)
    Santa Clarita, CA

ProsWonderful work environment, with kind people

Consit is a bit more political than I expected.

Good place to be but very very low pay. weigh the cost/benefit ratio carefully.

(Current Employee)
    Santa Clarita, CA

ProsThere is freedom to operate with quite a lot of autonomy in one's own sphere. Staff, faculty and students are generally very nice people, but there is a definitely a sense of there being an "in-crowd." The campus is beautiful and small.

ConsPay is significantly less than industry average. I have been told that our work is considered "ministry" and because we are serving God they don't need to pay us as much as our industry counterparts. In over six years as a manager with a master's degree in my field (and with an additional department being put under my control after 1.5 years of being employed), I have only gotten a total of $3.65 in raises.

Advice to Senior Managementplease show your employees that you value them and pay them what they deserve, or at least closer to it!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Limited opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Santa Clarita, CA

ProsI think it must be religious fulfillment, because it certainly isn't money. They allow you to do whatever you want in the classroom, with very little guidance, but if you say anything that could be construed as being anti-religious, they don't like that at all.

ConsProfessors are wonderful, but the administration has serious issues. All the professors are absolutely wonderful, but the adminstration is very short sighted and act like they're ex-military, rather than more professional administrators. The trouble is that there is little money involved in any of this and the possibility for reward is very little, so it doesn't make much sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Witch Hunts.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An excellent place to serve and work.

Director (Current Employee)
    Newhall, CA

ProsSupportive Christian environment with shared values. All faculty and staff are committed to serving students fully. Salaries are low, but benefits compare more than favorably with other institutions.

ConsAll salaries are somewhat low, but they are working to improve them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate regularly and openly with staff.

Phenomenal experience, but don't get all caught up in it.

Servant Leadership Staff (Current Employee)

ProsPeople who care about you. Close, tight-knit environment. Thoughtful faculty and professors and staff.

ConsAn 'in' crowd. Often cliquish. Student life staff is all Master's grown and bred. Things are done the same way. Hard to challenge the system. Not easy to find a good job after, if not in Bible.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the words you speak. Love people beyond your little network. Care about the weird kids.

Worked for Master's College and Seminary? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Master's College and Seminary reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Master's College and Seminary employees.