Master's College and Seminary

CEO

Christian work place

Former Employee - Catering in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Catering in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Master's College and Seminary as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful work environment, with kind people

Cons

it is a bit more political than I expected.

Good place to be but very very low pay. weigh the cost/benefit ratio carefully.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Master's College and Seminary full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is freedom to operate with quite a lot of autonomy in one's own sphere. Staff, faculty and students are generally very nice people, but there is a definitely a sense of there being an "in-crowd." The campus is beautiful and small.

Cons

Pay is significantly less than industry average. I have been told that our work is considered "ministry" and because we are serving God they don't need to pay us as much as our industry counterparts. In over six years as a manager with a master's degree in my field (and with an additional department being put under my control after 1.5 years of being employed), I have only gotten a total of $3.65 in raises.

please show your employees that you value them and pay them what they deserve, or at least closer to it!

Limited opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Master's College and Seminary

Pros

I think it must be religious fulfillment, because it certainly isn't money. They allow you to do whatever you want in the classroom, with very little guidance, but if you say anything that could be construed as being anti-religious, they don't like that at all.

Cons

Professors are wonderful, but the administration has serious issues. All the professors are absolutely wonderful, but the adminstration is very short sighted and act like they're ex-military, rather than more professional administrators. The trouble is that there is little money involved in any of this and the possibility for reward is very little, so it doesn't make much sense.

No Witch Hunts.

An excellent place to serve and work.

Current Employee - Director in Newhall, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Newhall, CA

I have been working at Master's College and Seminary

Pros

Supportive Christian environment with shared values. All faculty and staff are committed to serving students fully. Salaries are low, but benefits compare more than favorably with other institutions.

Cons

All salaries are somewhat low, but they are working to improve them.

Communicate regularly and openly with staff.

Phenomenal experience, but don't get all caught up in it.

Current Employee - Servant Leadership Staff
    Current Employee - Servant Leadership Staff

I have been working at Master's College and Seminary full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People who care about you. Close, tight-knit environment. Thoughtful faculty and professors and staff.

Cons

An 'in' crowd. Often cliquish. Student life staff is all Master's grown and bred. Things are done the same way. Hard to challenge the system. Not easy to find a good job after, if not in Bible.

Live the words you speak. Love people beyond your little network. Care about the weird kids.