MasterBrand Cabinets

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Randich

Good company to work for

Finance Analyst (Former Employee) Jasper, IN

ProsFriendly co-workers, supportive process improvement environment, family friendly

ConsSlower path for promotions and not the highest paying jobs relative to larger markets where there is higher competition for skilled workers

From the gate. Horrible!!!

Receiving Forklift Driver (Former Employee) Carlisle, PA

ProsMajority of the employees are very friendly

ConsAbsolutely everything. They lie to get you in the door. The pay is border line pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to talk more. No one has a clue whats going on, because management doesnt tell anyone anything. I was lied to about the position I would be in. Among countless other details. Lack of training and lack of respect for their employees.

a learning experience.

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

Proslearn something different about cabinets in the work feild

Consworking at a certain speed to meet customers expendations.

Advice to Senior Managementbe open minded about employees opionions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor working conditions

Intern (Former Employee) Kinston, NC

ProsFlexible hours for interns. Some co-workers where pleasant to work with.

ConsVery poor corporate culture which led to very low morale by employees. Most co-workers had very poor attitudes and were difficult to deal with. Inadequate safety precautions led to a dangerous work environment out on the floor (production area), I was almost seriously injured by a forklift knocking over large stacks of wood parts. They pay their employees poorly, treat them poorly and wonder why they have low performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive corporate culture starts at the top and trickles down.

Most of the upper management team were very professional

Purchasing Associate (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsMy boss encouraged all employees to talk to him, and he listened if you had any suggestions to make the work place a better place. They also rewarded you, raises etc... for doing a good job.

ConsThere were a couple of members of upper management who would never take responsibility for thier own mistakes and would pass the buck to a lower employee. But they were the execption NOT the rule.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, it is appreciated when you notice employees doing good jobs and you thank them for it.

Good company to work for (for awhile....)

Former Employee (Former Employee) Jasper, IN

ProsGreat people to work with, very helpful and want to make the company succeed, everyone has a sense of ownership.

ConsLower level management and underlings are mostly locals, go off to college and come back, not very well versed on the outside world. Some are in positions to keep others down. Hard to really use all your skills and have to worry about rocking the boat.

Advice to Senior ManagementRotation through assignments in lower level positions and mid-level management.

My experience with masterbrands was good, they paid for my relocating fees

Supervisor (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThey promote within, which is great for any company

ConsClosing down the facility and moving to the mid west

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't leave your right hand man in the dark all the time!

Outside sales account manager selling and servicing new cabinet line to single and multifamily new home builders.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Pros-company takes care of its employees.
    -base salary and commission very good.
    -good benies.

Cons-long work hours.
    -could use more sales support in territory.

Advice to Senior Management-understanding the employees position better before making a judgement.

Lots of potential in a small town.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jasper, IN

ProsFamily atmosphere. Most managers genuinely care about their employees both in advancing their careers as well as keeping a balance between work and personal life.

Structure is constantly evolving with growth. Lots of opportunities to try new things.

New ideas are welcomed. All the way up to the CEO, great ideas are respected no matter whether they come from a VP or an hourly associate.

ConsIT is a bit behind the times, but investments have been done recently to catch-up.

Procedures can hinder productivity, but at least most exist for a clear benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith all the improvements in technology occurring, now's the time to get your brightest thinkers together to plan where you want to be in 5 years.

overall great job, but the management needs to straighten up

Finisher (Former Employee) Martinsville, VA

Prosthe pay is decent, easy work, outstanding pto days, and they recognize national holidays. Easy to make friends while working there.

ConsHire through the company but still had to go through a temp. agency, and laid off after only 3 weeks of employment. Seriously why do they hire people when there is not much work. Don't know when your shift ends, which is inconvenient. Went to a second job fair last week, and they didn't even call me back, HR personnel is horrible.

Advice to Senior Managementif you're going to hire people make sure there is work for them to do.

Worked for MasterBrand Cabinets? Contribute to the Community!