MasterCard Reviews

Reset

1. Excellent company with a strong vision for the future

Former Employee - Senior Business Leader in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Business Leader in New York, NY

I worked at MasterCard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MasterCard has strong focus on employees and provides excellent opportunities for future growth. MasterCard's continued success in the card payment business will ensure a rewarding environment for new employees.

Cons

Many career development opportunities tends to be centered around corporate headquarters as you reach more senior roles. However, MasterCard truly isn't that much different than most major corporations with a centralized headquarters.

2. At MasterCard...Everything they told me is true and that's awesome!

Pros

MasterCard is going through incredible change and that makes it a very exciting place to work. Innovation and thinking outside of the box is highly encouraged so all employees can make a difference and contribute to the MasterCard difference.

Cons

As with all change there is some resistance.

Advice to Management

Continue building a creative and fun culture while retaining the highly valued culture of caring about our employees and customers

Jun 27, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

Great feedback - we are highly focused on doing well while doing good!

Great place to work

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, interesting work. Solid management team in place and a great outlook for the company

Cons

MasterCard could do better hiring straight out of college/grad school. Most employees have significant industry experience that would be complimented by new blood.

Jul 15, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

Thanks for your feedback - especially on hiring emerging professionals!

5. Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Leader in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Business Leader in Purchase, NY

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities exist if you are proactive in finding them and building your network internally. The company has clearly laid out its strategy going forward and has been well received by our customers and shareholders.

Cons

None to report at this time

6. Excellent company with a dynamic CEO who has led the company thru significant growth and positive cultural change.

Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in Purchase, NY

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid business model with focus on innovation, emerging markets, financial inclusion, merchants, goverments, issuers and consumers.

Cons

Overall, excellent place to work, but sometimes organization is hard to navigate despite being relatively small with 8,000 employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on innovation, emerging markets, financial inclusion, merchants, goverments, issuers and consumers.

Jul 22, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

Thanks for your comprehensive and positive review - an insider perspective is valuable!

7. Good Company

Current Employee - Consultant in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast Paced, Good work environment, if you work hard you get rewarded. Good tuition reimbursement, pays for certifications and training.

Cons

You may have to work overtime, not everyone works hard.

Jul 22, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

Thanks for your review - we are happy that you gave some insight into our culture!

8. Admirable Culture

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The companies culture is extremely impressive. I have worked as a contractor for a little over a year and recently became an employee and couldnt be happier. I worked for another company based in St. Louis for 5 years and they are night/day with MasterCard. There is lots of employee appreciation and a also a committement to employee growth.

Cons

Any time you are working in IT there will be lots of challenges with the work which can be stressful at times. The only thing is it is very hard to come into this company as an employee without knowing someone first.

Aug 6, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

Culture is a key driver when people consider working for any Brand - thanks for your thoughts!

wonderful experience

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far my thoughts about Mastercard are very positive. The people and the environment is very friendly. The employees really are commited to the organiztion and management sees it. I can say that I am proud to be a part of this company and look forward to seeing the future here. I would for sure tell friends and family that this is a great place to work.

Cons

there are no cons that I have seen

Aug 19, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

So glad that your early experience is so positive! Thanks for sharing....

10. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Business Leader
    Current Employee - Senior Business Leader

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation very competitive, solid management team, loads of career opportunity, company truly cares about its employees

Cons

A great deal of lateral opportunity, but can be challenging to find upward opportunity especially at senior management level, at times management is not as transparent as they should be

Advice to Management

Become slightly less risk averse, beat Visa to the punch, continue to focus on emerging payment opportunities

Aug 18, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

Thanks for your thoughts - an open, transparent culture is a winning one!

11. Smart, Talented Individuals - Company progressing very well

Current Employee - Leader in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Leader in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, vacation, 401k, holidays. If working for the right manager, life is very good. Much room for advancement, coaching and education are encouraged.

Cons

Some high-level management have no business "managing" people. Complaints are put back on the lower-level management, who end up stuck in the middle with no alternative but to move to another position. If you are friends with one of these high-level managers, you're in - if not, better looki for another position. On the other side of the house, there aren't many promotions in current positions (even as you grow) unless you apply to a higher level.

Advice to Management

HR should listen to their employees, not simply nod and say "I understand." That does not produce results. When People Effectiveness Survey results are published to management and HR 1. Commend those with high results and 2. Deal withi those who have low results. Don't ignore them.

Sep 8, 2014 – VP, Employer Brand Marketing

Thank you for your candid remarks. We take reviews and our employee surveys seriously to garner insight for continuous improvement!

RSS Feed </> Embed