MasterControl

Updated Feb 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jon Beckstrand

Great Product, Excellent People!

Tech Support Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPeople are empathetic, Management leads my example, Excellent Culture, Beautiful work space, Competitive pay, Location is right next to a major highway, Always enough parking space.

ConsBenefits are competitive but could always be improved. The Benefit allowance is helpful, but only covers part of the cost of the premiums for families.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep compensation rates competitive and you'll keep your employees happy.

Positive environment that is growing and exciting

ProsStellar work-life balance
    Fun company culture
    Flexible schedule
    Competitive salary and good benefits
    Best in state work facilities
    Growing fast
    Continual education emphasized

ConsNot a lot a negatives for me in all honesty.

Great managers but need a little more competitive salary

ProsSome of the best managers and leaders that I have ever worked for. They really know how to bring the best out of their developers and to help them in any way possible. Very open in letting everyone know what is going on and the best plan to get things done.

ConsSalary was lower than some other companies. Sometimes the tools to do jobs quickly and efficiently weren't there for people,

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a software company...make sure to treat the people who make that software well. That will help you out immensely.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The people are great to work with.

ProsWorking at MasterControl has been a great experience where I have had the opportunity to gain many new skill sets and work with great people. The medical insurance is some of the best around and the amount of PTO is fantastic! Most years of my employment we have had a training budget as well which has come in very handy.

ConsThe few downsides of MasterControl are that there is no 401(k) matching and the pay is adequate but not near the top of the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better market indicators during salary reviews, consider how you pay new employees vs. tenured employees, and consider a 401(k) matching program.

Worked for MasterControl? Contribute to the Community!