Match Marketing Group

Updated February 21, 2015
Updated February 21, 2015
3.1

Brett Farren

good experience, great place to get your foot in the door

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Match Marketing Group

Pros

good company culture, great office environment, lots of fun perks and opportunities to take on more responsibility it wanted

Cons

not a lot of internal promotions, i worked there almost two years and saw few people move up, low pay

GREAT people, not so great pay.

I worked at Match Marketing Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. Made friends easily - many of whom I still see on a weekly basis.

Fun work environment. Snacks and drinks always available.

Senior management supportive of new ideas; enjoyed seeing junior level staff exceed potential and grow in the industry.

Cons

Like many agencies, the senior-level focus seems to be on the amount of revenue versus what is most beneficial to both the client and staff... especially during times of change (i.e. acquisitions).

Long hours and low pay. Internal promotion is hot and cold. I saw people promoted 3 levels in 2 years time, but also saw deserving people remain at the same level for 3 YEARS, with barely a salary increase.

Despite the office perks (booze, food, parties), it's hard to extinguish turnover rates when there are absolutely zero provided incentives. You can only tell yourself that the (almost completely covered) gym membership is worth it for so long...

Nice office atmosphere but with poor senior management and no growth potential

Current Employee - Account Director in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Account Director in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Match Marketing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers, great creative output, enjoyable happy hours at the office bar, foosball table & close to Metro-North train station (with free shuttle)

Cons

Senior management is always behind closed doors and offers little to no transparency to regular employees. Senior management also talks a great game about career growth, but offers little to back it up. I have known several others who left because the firm offered no potential advancement. There are no bonuses so there is no incentive to work hard. You can kill yourself or do a mediocre job and the end result is the same: a pat on the back with no promotion.

Incentivize your employees by promoting internally and not hiring externally for open positions. You can't run a successful long-term agency when employees have to leave to further their career.

Oct 27, 2014Employment Brand Specialist

Thank you for your review. Match Marketing Group aspires to maintain a fun and exciting work environment. The people at Match Marketing Group makes coming into work enjoyable! Please be assured that ... More

Work Hard, Get Nothing

I have been working at Match Marketing Group

Pros

The people that (do the work) here are fantastic. There are some very talented members of creative, account and production teams.

Cons

No one at the company trusts senior management. Senior management talks a good game about keeping great talent, but instead focus on a few "pets" and throw the rest out to pasture. Employees are continually dissatisfied and set up to fail through long hours, crazy deadlines, overflow of projects with no salary increases, career advancement or recognition.

Stop lying to your employees. Don't make promises you can't keep.

Aug 6, 2014Employment Brand Specialist

Thank you for your review. As Match Marketing Group continues to grow, we aspire to maintain our positive culture. We value our employees and strive to create an environment where employees are ... More

Good place to work for part time

Current Employee - Espresso - Brand Ambassador/Sales Representative in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Match Marketing Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Great hourly rate
    - Helpful managers who want you to succeed and do the best at your job
    - Flexible for those who have school and other major commitments

Cons

- High expectations if you are in a sales position
    - Managers rely on email and rare conference calls to send memos
    - If you are new, you will usually take shifts that are out of your range in distance

Horrible Company

I worked at Match Marketing Group

Pros

You can drink alcohol during work hours

Cons

feels like high school. Employees are very stuck up, a lot of back stabbing, and they fire numerous employees for no reason at all.

Mostly enjoyed working as Brand Ambassador for them, but some staff were unprofessional

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Match Marketing Group as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay as a Brand Ambassador
    They have some good clients as per example, Nespresso

Cons

The team wasn't selected properly, some staff were unprofessional
    The Account Coordinator (who no longer works there now) was pushing team members to back-stab each-other, it wasn't a fun and cool work environment

Be sure to always ask honest feedback on the program after a long activation, especially on the activations in Montreal

Extremely dissatisfying. Poorly managed.

I worked at Match Marketing Group

Pros

A few great people work there but are being held back due to the poor work environment.

Cons

No management. No fiscal responsibility. Questionable business practices.

Stay away. Unprofessional, bogus commission structure. No support

Current Employee - Espresso Demonstrator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Espresso Demonstrator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Match Marketing Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

absolutely none, unless you enjoy lying.

Cons

I cannot believe a company like Nespresso would hire a company like Match Marketing to represent them. Poor management, poor communication, management is obviously aware of fake sales reports and turns a blind eye. Sales of machines are 'self-reported' and commission is based upon this.

You do a disservice to a client like Nespresso. Nespresso should wake up and smell the coffee. No pun intended.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Match Marketing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work as well as great time with co-workers. Had a phenomenal company culture centered around a work hard-play hard environment.

Cons

Salary Moderate, Technology slow, departments don't mingle much with one another.

Oct 30, 2014Employment Brand Specialist

Thanks for your review. Match Marketing Group is known for having a fun work culture – we define “work hard/play hard”! We continuously recognize our employees and we show our appreciation by hosting ... More

Match Marketing Group Photos