Match.com

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
3.8

Sam Yagan

Pros
  • Monthly happy hours during work with free food & booze (in 8 reviews)

• Fun work environment with lots of company perks (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Existence of an "inner-circle" among senior management that can interfere with career growth (in 3 reviews)

• Some people in upper management are rude and it trickles down (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Match.com

Pros

Great Work place, flat organization, friendly peers

Cons

compensation may be lower than others

Remote Office has Queen B Upper Management with underpaid staff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Match.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Branding experience was valuable. The job itself wasn't involved much in "match making" although the company was "love-centric" and that was pleasant to be around.

Cons

They hired me for my expertise in affiliate management area , but I was faced with red tape at every attempt to improve the program and actually execute my area of knowledge. Was expected to be a data-monkey as their internal systems/reporting are not built for affiliate management. Marketing & Affiliate Management are two different things and I wish someone , including my radically conservative former boss (TX based) would have known that before hiring me , especially in a remote position. This is a corporation built best for those who willingly appreciate and embrace drinking the company OJ, and not for outside thinkers or innovators.

I gave this company 5 stars for career opportunities, as it seems to always be a revolving door. Good luck!

Consider your "wrath" is more of a hindrance than a help. Leaders should lead by example and kindness.

Match.com Response

Dec 17, 2014Recruitment & Human Resources Specialist

Thanks for the feedback! We’re sorry you feel your experience with us wasn't as rewarding as it could have been. We strive to provide a positive environment for all of our team members spanning ... More

Fun People, Fun Job Environment

I have been working at Match.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart Co-Workers, Caring Managers, Casual Work Environment, Nice Perks, Bagel Fridays, Annual Parties, Monthly Happy Hours, Challenging Work, Helping People Find Love

Cons

Meeting space can get tight sometimes due to employee team growth, the office really needs more conference rooms and meeting spaces.

Love working at this place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Match.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work, smart people, well managed business. Generous perks, benefits, and just generally a great place to work.

Cons

Various teams may have various sub-cultures. My teams have always been great to work on.

Thanks for continuing to keep us successful and growing!

Great place to be.

I have been working at Match.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good reputation, fun place to work. Lots of great events, perks and benefits. Overall a very friendly culture where employees go out of their way to help newcomers and collaborate.

Cons

Can be a little too fast-paced at times.

Fast paced , fun environment few drawbacks

I have been working at Match.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Business is good or funding is good , so lot of money spent on fun stuff . Great talented people to work with.Ok work life balance , depends on which team you are on. Lots of happy hours , free food after hour video games etc... if you care for that.

Cons

Some people in upper management are rude and it trickles down . There is no proper structure and its all about who you know and are friends with.

Not all great people can be great managers , look at who you promote

Too good to be true

I have been working at Match.com

Pros

Fun work environment, great benefits and perks.

Cons

Very few long-term employee,s other than managers, as a result of frequent layoffs.

Awesome leadership. Great team atmosphere.

I worked at Match.com

Pros

Mandy is the greatest CEO that ever lived.

Cons

None. I cannot say enough great things.

None

Overall good experience with a few big drawbacks

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Match.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Fun, casual atmosphere
    - No dress code
    - Frequent parties during & after work hours. Monthly happy hours during work with free food & booze. Yep, Match.com pays employees to get drunk during office hours at least once a month!
    - Excellent benefits package. Insurance coverages begins the first day of the month after which you are hired.
    - Extremely generous PTO
    - Free food, snacks, sodas
    - Beautiful office
    - Some very cool, creative, & fun people work here. Everyone makes an effort to be friendly & make connections with new employees.

Cons

- Some departments have completely incompetent management who lack the knowledge for the positions they hold.
    - Depending on the department you work in, opportunities for advancement can be very limited.
    - No yearly performance-based raises. Raises are only available if you manage to get promoted.

Get rid of the people in upper management who don't understand the jobs of the people they manage. Weed out the members of management who make decisions based on personal friendships and favoritism.

It's All About Who You Know

I have been working at Match.com full-time

Pros

No dress code, relaxed office environment, great benefits, and you work for a company that has the ability to directly change someone's life for the better. Business itself is good, and for some people, opportunity abound. To be one of those lucky few, you must know the right people. Some coworkers are very bent out of shape about this, but I think it is because they didn't realize it until it was too late for them. To me, this is the way of the world in virtually all corporate landscapes. Depending on which team you land on, you could have a really great work-life balance and rewarding career.

Cons

Disorganized management and constant reorgs for no real reason other than to avoid actually promoting people. Several coworkers have been blatantly told that raises and promotions are only given at year end or not at all, while simultaneously quietly changing the title for other employees on the same team. There is a culture of secrecy at the management and executive levels that alienates everyone else. Also, there is an expectation of 24/7 work hours, working on vacation, and other work/life balance issues. On some teams, you will end up a slave to Match with a boss who expects constant access to you at all times, working vacations, and dictates a dress code even though Match has none.

Give cost of living adjustments and actual raises. Promote your good people. By not doing these things with transparent regularity, you are bleeding talent. Set a positive example in work-life balance by not sending your teams urgent requests or emails nightly. Let them recharge.