Mather Lifeways Reviews

Mary Leary

1. middle management

Current Employee - Middle Management in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Mather Lifeways full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm proud that I work for Mather LifeWays. We serve older adults and the tone is set at the top by the CEO and top management to strive for excellence and engage older adults in ways that help them achieve what's possible for them. It's a great place to work with nice people, very good benefits and wellness programs, and beautiful workplaces.

Cons

I would like more communication about what is going on at times.

2. NPO

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Pros

coworkers keep the company fun and their dedication keep company on top tier. benefits

Cons

President has no human qualities. She should no longer hold meetings because she says one thing and does another.

Advice to Management

Remove Mary Leary as the President.

3. Top-level executives are very arrogant people - especially the CEO!

Former Employee - Middle Management in Evanston, IL

I worked at Mather Lifeways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company offers a very nice benefits package. Also, the residents in the facility I worked in were very nice people.

Cons

The on-site employees get along very well. But the senior executives are very demanding, very rude, and very disrespectful. Initially I thought it was a great place to work. But as time went on, the heavy-handed management style became too much to deal with.

Advice to Management

Many of the people working for you are constantly in fear of losing their jobs, and the high turnover rate has a lot to do with that. But you also need to learn how to listen, and consider that your employees may have some good ideas. Despite your arrogance, you really don;t know everything!

5. Good environment and conditions (Mather Pavilion)

Current Employee - Volunteer in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Volunteer in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Mather Lifeways part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Environment is friendly, not stressful. You feel like you are not pressured to anything, but you still maintain overall productivity.

Cons

I cannot think of any outstanding cons to working here. Perhaps some people would think that a slow paced environment would slow productivity, however such was not the case, I found.

Everyone seemed so nice at first . . . but oh my gosh - how things changed!!!

Former Employee - Middle Management in Evanston, IL

I worked at Mather Lifeways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, and in general a focus on taking good care of their residents.

Cons

Behind the scenes, this is not a very good place to work. Senior management is primarily made up of arrogant workaholics with no family life who micro-manage every aspect of the organization. HIgh turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing everyone. You are stifling all of the creativity in your employees. Your high rate of employee turnover will decrease dramatically if you'll give up your fear-based, autocratic management style.

7. Good experience, nice people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Pros

It was a good place to work at on a temporary basis. Very nice people and good opportunity to gain valuable experience.

Cons

Communication was poor. My supervisor often forgot direction or decisions that were given or made.

Advice to Management

Provide a mini orientation to your contract employees who are there more than a month. A semi regular review or "hey you are doing a great job" would be nice as well.

RSS Feed </> Embed