Matheson Inc. Reviews

Mark B. Matheson

1. Changing Marketplace

Current Employee - Responsible and Held Accountable
    Current Employee - Responsible and Held Accountable

I have been working at Matheson Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is reacting to changes in the market. Headquarters staff are motivated and very busy......makes it a good place to work.

Cons

For those who find it hard to tolerate inefficiency, it take s a little patience but the company does react.

Look at all opportunities.

Matheson Inc. Response

Jan 26, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback! It is definitely a time of growth and change at Matheson right now. We appreciate your help and dedication as we move towards the future.

2. Great family oriented and owned company to work for!!!

I have been working at Matheson Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The place pays very well. Seems to truly care about its employees and allows you to progress with out micromanaging you.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is my commute which really has nothing to do with the company.

Keep allowing your employees to do thier job. Its nice to have the ability to make some changes and see the benefits.

Matheson Inc. Response

Jan 26, 2015Corporate Recruiter

We are glad to have you on the team! Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate hearing what makes Matheson a place where you choose to work, and what we can do better.

3. Project Supervisor

I have been working at Matheson Inc.

Pros

This is a up and comming environmental company

Cons

It's a start up company

5. Glad to be somewhere else

I worked at Matheson Inc.

Pros

Pay is decent. That's about it

Cons

Lack of communication. Micro management. Absolutely one of the worst work cultures I have been in.

I believe you should enjoy your job, co-workers, and workplace culture. This is a direct contradiction to the philosophy at Matheson. Culture comes from the top down. Look around, do people there enjoy coming to work every day? If you are honest with yourself, you will say no. But you all have blinders on, as long as you get your fat checks. Oh yeah, and of course the HR person reviews it as a wonderful place, what else are they supposed to do? Tell the truth about how much it sucks?

6. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Matheson Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, opportunity for growth, & employees are valued here

Cons

Not much training, they expect you to jump right in head first.

There needs to be more consistency in training, and protocol. Everything is kind of fly by the seat of your pants.

7. General Manager

I worked at Matheson Inc. full-time

Pros

Liked my job a lot, enjoy working with the people and subordinate managers. Very fast paced environment that brought anew and exciting challenge everyday

Cons

Executive level management did not appreciate the managers in field and more importantly the drivers at the lowest levels, nothing ever positive came from the top, Bonuses were promised but awarded only after constant follow ups, everyone is only a number, no clear direction for the managers to follow, Scope and duty functions seem to change daily.

Find out who is ton board to make the company a success and who is only there to advance their own adjendunt

8. Not a good place to work

I worked at Matheson Inc. full-time

Pros

The work that I had to do was relatively easy and straightforward. Some of the people were nice enough.

Cons

Most people seemed unhappy to be there. The atmosphere is dark, unfriendly, not the sort of place that one would look forward to going to everyday. The owner and his family seem to have the company as their own personal assistants, rather than trying to advance the company forward. I'm glad to be out of there and to work for a company where employees are valued, and where they support one another.

Morale is low and sinking fast. Focus on employee satisfaction, you just might reap the rewards later. But then, that doesn't benefit the Matheson family in the short term, now does it?

9. They do not have a consistent business strategy.

Current Employee - Vice President of Postal Services in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Postal Services in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Matheson Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a good location for my personal life.

Cons

They want quick wins and do not have a strategy for long term success.

Be consistent and communicate.

10. Backstabbing cowards

Former Employee - CDL Driver in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - CDL Driver in San Jose, CA

I worked at Matheson Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy job, reliable paycheck amounts, set start times

Cons

Split shifts, ridiculous start times, poorly maintained equipment, senority based, dependent on USPS contracts, very bad communication between dispatch center and drivers/ regional mangers, in case of a breakdown be prepared to wait 4+ hours for a rinky dink roadside mechanic to be called for repairs rather than a tow.

Take better care of the trucks, and when you know there is going to be lay offs don't do it thru an email, and give more notice then 12hrs, people have bills and mouths to feed.

11. Terminal Manager in Denver

Current Contractor - Truck Diverr in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Truck Diverr in Denver, CO

I have been working at Matheson Inc. as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They are a very fast company to get hired on by After three months they have 401 medical dental and aflac , Pay is every week and there is almost all ways over time

Cons

They do have Dive cams , and junk trucks that you drive .Complaints on equipment not all ways fixed right away .Never get hurt with this company you will be written up every little thing. Also don't be female because terminal manager very sexist and when you call HR they do nothing for you. Ver y long hours and they jerk you around lot.

Treat employees better if there is a issue with a manager make sure there is not back fire on employee making complaint