Matheson Tri-Gas

www.mathesongas.com

Matheson Tri-Gas Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Scott Kallman

Wonderful experience learning everyday.

Security & Compliance Administrator (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsThe atmosphere and the people.

ConsI am temporary employee with no benefits or able to climb the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy supervisor Bonnie Stanage is one of the most intelligent woman I ever known.

This company has given multiple opportunities to gain more knowledge in the field.

ProsMatheson is very flexible when needing time off

ConsMultiple Lay-Offs, Temp for 2-yrs and others that have been temps for 4 yrs. No communication and bad management

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better, think of your people. Think n ot only of the business but for the business as well!!

You get out what you put in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospeople worked with were mostly good

Conslack of realtime feed back on performance

Advice to Senior Managementget in touch with the people actually doing the work...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There is not one good thing about working for this company.

ProsI do not know one person who is happy here. I have no good things to say about the company or management. The only pros are that I am surrounded by good people who work hard but do not get the respect they deserve.

ConsThey do not believe in giving raises or promotions. The managers are so inappropriate and sexist - but there is no HR to turn to. The sales force has not gotten paid their commission in over 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

Decent Employer

Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsWork with good people who have many years of valuable experience
    Managers look out for their staff
    Nice office environment

ConsOutdated systems and processes
    Many recent layoffs
    No payout on profit sharing
    Benefits not keeping up with industry
    Jobs moving out of state

Great company. Nice people.

Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) Montgomeryville, PA

ProsLarge company that operates like a small company.

ConsUnsettled yet with restructuring and aquisitions. Locations need to work together as one large company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace the bigger picture.

account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsUpper managements leaves you alone and lets you make your own decisions

ConsLack training,slow to follow through on requests

Given their size globally, very difficult and uncaring company to work for.

Regional Ops Manager (Former Employee) Portland, ME

ProsGood benefit package, reasonably good pay

ConsBasically, they don't know much about operating retail facilities. Top heavy at corporate. Waste time w/ too many conference calls. Treat front line employees as commodities. If sales are up, hire more. If sales are down fire more. Too many tiers of management in the zones and at corporate. Corporate doesn't take the time to listen to zone employees. Like most other large corporations, it's all bottom line. Corporate lays off employees without a plan to grow sales with fewer people. One would wonder if Matheson was planning to sell off the retail portion of the business and stay with the bulk and specialty gas end of the business. Corporate has chosen to stay out of the internet business, where other successful companies(Airgas) have done very well there. E-Commerce if the wave of the future, yet Matheson chooses to ignore it here in the United States. The TIMS billing system is terrible.Unless you are very lucky, Matheson is not a place to start a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to front line employees as to what will and what will not work. Reduce the corporate work-force. Work on developing customer relationships with internal and external customers.

In need of a job? Go elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Waverly, TN

ProsDental and Medical are good. Vacations are good. Hourly employees/supervisors/lower managers are all very good.

ConsToo many to list, but I will hit the important ones.
    The COO on down to some of the directors are basically the worst collection of "leaders" I have ever seen. I am still not convinced they are just holding out to sell that part of the business. In order to hire an hourly employee, the COO must aprove of it beforehand. Extreme micromanagement. Everything must be run up to the COO before going forward.

The engineering department is horrible. They could not design themselves out of a brown paper bag. The only sad part is that the chemicals and substances they are dealing with will kill in a second. I have no doubt in my mind that someone will get hurt if they continue to run and design things like they are.
    Anyone that could has left the company or is in the process of leaving the company.
    Watch what is promised in the job offer. A lot of what was spoken, did not come true.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves. or sell the company. The rest of the industry already knows how bad you are (as a lot of former employees now work in other businesses) and they will fire you.

Not much excitement, not much to complain about either

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsYou have a lot of freedom to carry out your job. The pay is reasonable compared to the job market. Most everyone in the company you work with is competent and pleasant. The overall culture is to be helpful to your fellow employees.

ConsThere are not a lot of advancement opportunities. It is in an industry that is mature so there isn't a lot of exciting new ground to be broken. Most of the competition with other companies consists of coaxing away each other's customers. Senior management does not do a very good job of communicating a sense of direction or what is really going on in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay as much attention to the people down the organizational hierarchy as you pay to the people above you.

Worked for Matheson Tri-Gas? Contribute to the Community!