Matheson Tri-Gas Reviews

2.5
Scott Kallman

1. Not too bad

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

Good people to work with. Not bad pay. Good benefits. A lot ok knowledgeable people that have been there a very long time.

Cons

Upper management has no clue and a theif. No raises. If you do good keep doing good. If you mess up then you get rewarded.

Notice the employees that exceeding

2. Lab technician

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Gloucester Heights, NJ
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Gloucester Heights, NJ

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

friendly place to work but a dirty place

Cons

very disorganized and unkept and dirty

don't have any advice to give.....

3. Filler

Current Employee - Filler
    Current Employee - Filler

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time

Pros

Good stable job. Never layoff at our facility.

Cons

No chance at moving up.

Depending on which site it can be good or bad

Former Employee - Chemical Operator
    Former Employee - Chemical Operator

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

Great co workers, decent benefits. Matheson is a growing company. The benefits package is a decent one, provided it doesn't get cut down anymore. The schedule does provide a good work/life balance.

Cons

Health insurance is getting worse each year, average compensation is not exactly up to industry standards for hourly employees. At my site if you're not in the clique you won't advance, your annual cost of living raise is tied to performance evaluations so if your boss doesn't like you, you won't get one.

Figure out why management at your biggest site has gone to pot. Talk to the actual people doing the work.

Drivers don't work here!!!

Current Employee - Driver in Manassas Park, VA
    Current Employee - Driver in Manassas Park, VA

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

I have been working here 10 years since it was Valley Nat Gases, I have meet nice co-workers.

Cons

Matheson don't care about costumers, we drivers take the blame all the time.
    They stalk the drivers with cameras inside the cabin and call you to a conference for ridiculous reasons, they send people to secretly follow us any day to see if we follow all the "zero tolerance company safety procedures" if you don't you are fired, trucks are electronically governed.
    The inexperienced management force you to violate dot regulations by working more hours than allowed just because they don't know what they're doing.
    They have fired drivers and managers like crazy since two years ago, others simply quit.
    These company is bleeding costumers but don't care.
    If you don't want to work stressed all the time while carrying hazardous materials run like hell from this place.

Listen to the employees. You are here to represent us. Slavery times are gone.

To much BS

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

The few experienced people left. Benifits aren't to bad... yet

Cons

Management, Management, MANAGEMENT!!!

they expect the Best but don't realize to get the best (or keep the best) YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!! instead they hire incompetent, unskilled sorry excuses of people it's like they intentionally look for the dumbest, laziest people they can find. I've put my time (years apon years) and watched this company suck the the life and everything good out of alot of great people and am looking to get out as soon as possible

If you do come to work here DO NOT expect to get a raise ...EVER and lord help you if you have an accident you'll be looking for another job even if it wasn't your fault. But if your an incompetent, sorry excuse of a person or a lazy, souless person you have a great chance to be promoted to management.

Pay for the experience you have left the elite few are all that's holding your company together.
    You don't seem to realize we can cripple this company regardless of the "non compete agreement" you have In place
    Don't have kids.

Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some people you work with will be nice people, however I would advise you to watch your back. There will be those willing to place a knife in it, because it has become company policy to pass the buck and the blame when anything goes wrong.

Cons

Compensation is below standard. They don't listen to the people that make them the money and do all the work. Be careful what ideas you give some people; they steal them at times to look good. Management has no clue what their doing. Training is constant and done for the purpose of terminating people if you make a mistake. Customer service is secondary always to hundreds of rules imposed by policy.

You desperately need people persons in management, not dictators. Pay your knowledgeable people well, they are your bottom line. Hire more people to do the work; you have spread them too thin to save a buck.

9. Review of Matheson

Former Employee - Tax Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Tax Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved my boss, and several co-workers.

Cons

Limited or non-existent system applications. Historical information is poor.

Speak to all of the workers, not just upper management.

Poorly managed from the top down and polluted with "yes" people.

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time

Pros

The work-life balance was great. Highly experienced work force, some employees with thirty or more years at the company.

Cons

Despite having knowledge of severe internal issues, reactive management allows branch locations to spiral out of control.
    Safety preached as a point of emphasis, however commitment to ensure safety was not consistently exercised and mostly reactive.

The most valuable assets this company has are the employees with decades of experience, don't waste those resources.

Horrible Salisbury MD location

Former Employee - Driver in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Driver in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

NOTHING to say about this location

Cons

Horibble company. They lie so much in store management. The values suck. Would not wish this job to my worst enemy. They promise you stuff and do not go through with it. Store manager is a LIER. I would have to also say that I am good friends with people that still work there and advise them to get another job becuase you will be alot happier.

Get another job.