Matis Warfield

Not yet rated.

James E. Matis

Great

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCulture, Salary, opportunities You have the chance to speak to great people

ConsLocation is one the biggest issue that mke people crinch

Advice to Senior ManagementDifficult to implement new ideas

Cold, Horrible work experience

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsSaying you worked at a company to put on your resume. There really were no pros about working at the office.

ConsI was hired as a design engineer, however there were never opportunities to do any work. I had to find work around the office to do. If I could not find work, I was told to sit there and wait for someone to give me work. It seemed like I did not have a role in the company.
    If you ever make a mistake do not expect to learn from it so you can improve next time. Just expect an email yelling at you saying you messed up. It is very impersonal with no face to face time. Everything is sent around the office through emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire someone make sure you have a role in place for them and that you have work they can be doing. Also, take the time to walk the 30 seconds from your office to the desk if you have something to tell them. Do not just sit there and continue writing nasty emails.
    My advice for this firm is to develop people skills among the engineers. There would be hours were not one word is said face to face, but emails are filling up the inbox.

Worked for Matis Warfield? Contribute to the Community!