Matrix Knowledge Group

Updated Mar 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jacque Mallender

The experience was good, but the people I worked with were always the best part of the job.

London, England (UK)

I worked at Matrix Knowledge Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThough its a small company, it hosted a number of great characters. There was a very good lateral integration and lack of vertical integration was minimal.

ConsThe was a lot of turbulence over the time period that I was there (i.e. changes in managment). From what I can tell some of that has been alleviated, but a few good employees are no longer there as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-establish strong leadership in the Economics team

Horrible company to work with. Can shut down at any given time

I worked at Matrix Knowledge Group

ProsNothing good about this company.
If you don't get a job in markjet, join this company.

ConsTreats employee like slave.
A bad place to work
Never pay salary on time

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good technological management and stop playing politics.

Like the Titanic, but with a decreasing number of deck chairs

I worked at Matrix Knowledge Group

ProsSome good people to work with. Usually interesting work. Sometimes the projects are ones which might lead to a difference in people's lives.

ConsVery weak management team. CEO lacks capability to lead a company. Company has lacked a viable strategy for too long. Reorganization a few years ago was ill-advised and left the company ill-positioned to effectively sell its services. Many people let go in the last two years, due to dramatic declines in revenue and to cover expense of bloated overhead. Company barely able to stay financially afloat for the last couple of years, only just managing to stay ahead of insolvency.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with yourselves about your capabilities. The company likely would be better off if you replaced yourselves with capable, seasoned executives who have a track record of success.

A great place to work if you're passionate about making a difference

Consultant (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Matrix Knowledge Group

ProsAn informal, friendly atmosphere doesn't detract from a high level of dedication to doing a good job. I've never worked in such politics-free office.

ConsThe flip side of the informality is a lack of structure around some of the corporate management processes. But if you're okay with a fairly self-directed level of HR, you'll be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the back office a little more. And take a bit more time to reflect on and incorporate feedback from staff exit interviews.

Worked for Matrix Knowledge Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Matrix Knowledge Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Matrix Knowledge Group CEO Jacque Mallender. All reviews posted anonymously by Matrix Knowledge Group employees.